IGNORED

Deanna Coghlan Engaged

DomWackTroll

Deanna's fiance doesn't look creepy to me, just gormless. Weak chin and receeding hairline already. I hope I'm right, and that Deanna gets some space to decide for herself how to run her life.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Wedding happened today. There are some pictures on facebook. I giggled so hard at Doug Phillips's comment on Perry's wall:

Douglas Phillips: Love you Perry my brother.

Not "Congratulations to the happy couple" or "You and Kim must be so proud"... just a weirdly inappropriate declaration of manly love.

Wedding happened today. There are some pictures on facebook. I giggled so hard at Doug Phillips's comment on Perry's wall:

Not "Congratulations to the happy couple" or "You and Kim must be so proud"... just a weirdly inappropriate declaration of manly love.

Douglas Phillips is a Tool

Which Facebook?

I've checked Kim's, Perry's and Life in a Shoe, and can't see any

Photos and quote are on Perry's timeline.

Found it.

The bridesmaid dress has a halter neck. I know the vision forum crowd is a little less frumpy than the ATI folks, but I still would have thought they would consider that a little defrauding.

Oh, yeah, Dougie loves him so much that he won't even provide health insurance for him and his family. Or pay him enough that they don't have to live in an 800 1200-square foot shack on someone else's property. As usual, Doug Phillips (is a tool) can't back up his words with actual action.

Deanna reminds me of the "Marlene" character from Sixteen Candles- the girl who hooks up with Long Duck Dong. Especially in the photo where Deanna has her arm around Tyler's neck... it just looks weird. She's definitely the one in charge in the relationship.

The Sharpies are so she can label everything in their house.... or she's huffing them? Hell, she's probably never had anything that has really belonged to her. She probably was so excited to actually get things she could claim as hers and not have to share them with a bunch of howler monkeys.

Hopefully, this will be her chance to escape!

About the two tables- Maybe they have an eat in kitchen and a dining room in their house?

On Perry Coghlan's Facebook

Puleeeese ! Daddy's possession?

Perry Coghlan is skeevy and awkward yet self-assured, and quite possessive in a self-aggrandised way.

He talks down to people in blog comments like he has the intellectual high ground. My two personal favourites:

1, on a post on homosexuality, "Hi Carrie can you tell me what was hateful about this post or my position on moral perversion?" :roll: nothin' hateful there,

and 2, concerning slavery, Derek says "I’m conflicted on the Civil War because I’m a huge opponent of slavery but a huge proponent of states rights." Part of P's response: "I am against chattel slavery too." Big fucking man, dictating what others actually believe.

This post is a good 'un: inashoe.com/2010/12/happy-birthday-beloved/

Caption on a photo of the beloved: "She's mine!"

And here: inashoe.com/2005/10/the-disciplined-life/

"What is the connection? Discipline, or lack there of. I am determined to kill the beast of undisciplined living in my family once and for all. It is discipline that separates the giants from the masses of mediocrity." Pomp, pomp, pomp from the talky smart 19th century smart person, but he doesn't know the word "thereof".

They have a wedding website, but they haven't put any info on it yet: coghlanandmullins.ourwedding.com/

In this website you can read that they have been dating since 2010. They seem really happy together and in love.

You can see photos of the wedding on perry twitter too. Beatiful dress and red flowers.

In this website you can read that they have been dating since 2010. They seem really happy together and in love.

You can see photos of the wedding on perry twitter too. Beatiful dress and red flowers.

Link plz?

I find it very telling that one of Dougie's employees not only 'allows' his daughters to wear jeans and shorts, but to DATE. For a couple of years. And, to date someone she's known for a couple of years before that. No real talk of coursthip or making an army of babies for god. And, there was dancing at the reception. Probably not getting down to a DJ, but dancing none the less. No dominionist spectacle like the Botkin wedding last year that was essentially a long assed sermon. Deanna talks of loving him, knowing him, playing video games (gasp) with him. Of them both being opinionated.

It's all very strange to hear (read) such things coming from anyone connected to Dougie's camp.

Dougie can't pay the man enough to support his family, so maybe this is how Perry returns the favor. Not raising his family entirely within the world of his employer.

Go, Deanna!

Deanna reminds me of the "Marlene" character from Sixteen Candles- the girl who hooks up with Long Duck Dong. Especially in the photo where Deanna has her arm around Tyler's neck... it just looks weird. She's definitely the one in charge in the relationship.

The Sharpies are so she can label everything in their house.... or she's huffing them? Hell, she's probably never had anything that has really belonged to her. She probably was so excited to actually get things she could claim as hers and not have to share them with a bunch of howler monkeys.

Hopefully, this will be her chance to escape!

About the two tables- Maybe they have an eat in kitchen and a dining room in their house?

I noticed the sharpies too (on this registry http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_ ... 6212172124 ) there is nutella too. I just think she's really immature partly because of her age, partly because she hasn't been allowed to grow up.

I find it very telling that one of Dougie's employees not only 'allows' his daughters to wear jeans and shorts, but to DATE. For a couple of years. And, to date someone she's known for a couple of years before that. No real talk of coursthip or making an army of babies for god. And, there was dancing at the reception. Probably not getting down to a DJ, but dancing none the less. No dominionist spectacle like the Botkin wedding last year that was essentially a long assed sermon. Deanna talks of loving him, knowing him, playing video games (gasp) with him. Of them both being opinionated.

It's all very strange to hear (read) such things coming from anyone connected to Dougie's camp.

Dougie can't pay the man enough to support his family, so maybe this is how Perry returns the favor. Not raising his family entirely within the world of his employer.

Go, Deanna!

I think the Coghlans would say that she *was* courting, not dating, since marriage was the clear end goal of their relationship. Re: dancing, Reformed types a la Coghlans and other VFers tend to embrace both alcohol and dancing, and dress less frumpily. They appear more "normal" to the outside eye, but as you look deeper you realize they are just as batshit insane as the frumpiest of Gothardites. These kids were definitely heavily indoctrinated growing up. But I still hold out hope that this new chapter of Deanna's life will allow her more freedom.

What's the story with their house? Obviously I've seen the bedroom from hell on inashoe, but somebody said the house itself is tiny and built on someone else's land. What;s all that about?

What's the story with their house? Obviously I've seen the bedroom from hell on inashoe, but somebody said the house itself is tiny and built on someone else's land. What;s all that about?

This is where Perry mentions he built most of the house on the neighbor's land: inashoe.com/2005/04/rant-for-the-day/

I'm not sure how they resolved that.

I was also thinking I had read the house was 800 sq. feet, but apparently it's more like 1200. When they built it they had 7 kids. It would have been small for that many, but they also had a clear expectation of having more, even at the time. This is where Kim describes some of the basics of the house: inashoe.com/2005/08/a-few-of-the-basics/

Our home is not particularly large. Some might consider it particularly small, given the current American sentiment that every child needs and deserves a private room, television, and chauffeur.

No, Kim, that is not the current American sentiment. But I do think your kids deserve better than a shelf and a drawer :roll:

you can read a bit more about their house here:

inashoe.com/?s=floorplan

here is a post about why they decided to pile their kids into one room instead of two:

inashoe.com/2009/10/lot-work/

inashoe.com/2010/09/4-moms-open-house-linky-bedrooms-part-2/

One bathroom. Two bedrooms. For 12 people. Let that sink in a bit. They talk about it being a "temporary" build ready for an add-on, but as far as I'm aware they haven't done it yet... and since they haven't even finished the walls or ceiling or flooring in the kids' room, I doubt it's on the priority list anytime soon.

I've seen some photos of their shoe shelves and the deck only!! The floor plan is awful, it would be have been better for them to get a deluxe double wide manufactured home.

Anyhoo, where the heck are the photos of the interior? I've always been curious to see what this place looks like.

I looked at some of the instagram photos that Perry linked to from his FB. He has one of shopping at Costco for wedding reception treats. The cart appears to contain three ginormous jars of pickles :? :doh:

Archived