IGNORED

Deanna Coghlan Engaged

DomWackTroll

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow they allow hand holding! They are pretty liberal.

Oh man, you know I have watching too many of these courtships when I think handholding is liberal.

You know, most of the time I'm conflicted about whether or not an early marriage is better or worse for a fundie maiden, but this time I can only think: RUN, Deanna. The boy already has an Associates Degree and is currently attending a real college. He also doesn't appear connected to VF in any way, so this can only be good for her.

I bet Kim and Perry are thrilled. This way they should be able to free up a shelf bed before the new baby comes.

Wow they allow hand holding! They are pretty liberal.

Oh man, you know I have watching too many of these courtships when I think handholding is liberal.

they are kind of liberal, in some ways. They went to see Batman in theatres, Kim has friends (another QF family) whose boys sport long, punk hair and Avenged Sevenfold t-shirts, the Coghlan girls wear fairly fashionable clothing (mostly skirts, although I have seen a couple pics with them wearing short-shorts in the background), etc. Between that and Kim's self-depricating sense of humour, I tend to think of them as a large but otherwise average family- until they suddenly start spouting off about guns or ectopic pregnancies or something. It always takes me a little by surprise when they start waving the fundie banner because sometimes I can forget a bit just how fundie they are.

You know, most of the time I'm conflicted about whether or not an early marriage is better or worse for a fundie maiden, but this time I can only think: RUN, Deanna. The boy already has an Associates Degree and is currently attending a real college. He also doesn't appear connected to VF in any way, so this can only be good for her.

I bet Kim and Perry are thrilled. This way they should be able to free up a shelf bed before the new baby comes.

I wonder if Mom is gonna get Deanna a white ankle holster for under her wedding gown?

He also doesn't appear connected to VF in any way, so this can only be good for her.

He "Liked" Vision Forum on his FB page. I will be shocked if his family isn't hardcore.

He "Liked" Vision Forum on his FB page. I will be shocked if his family isn't hardcore.

Damn, I was hopeful :( I really feel like the Coughlans would have been fine if they hadn't fallen in with VF in the first place.

I see he also likes "Students for Concealed Carry", so he should make a perfect SIL for Kim.

Well doesn't he work for VF? Isn't he the warehouse manager or something like that? Or do I have him confused with someone else?

Well doesn't he work for VF? Isn't he the warehouse manager or something like that? Or do I have him confused with someone else?

Perry Coughlan works for VF as a shipping manager or something. I didn't think Deanna's fiance had a connection until DWT pointed it out. I don't think the fiance works for VF, unless I missed something else.

Perry Coghlan is the shipping warehouse manager. The Cs are super super fundie, they just don't follow along as expected on some things. They don't, for instance, think dancing and drinking are wrong à la ATI. They wear shorts, play video games, and tease each other. And then post about how you can't operate on ectopic ruptures until the embryo is definitely dead or otherwise you're the one killing it.

Perry Coughlan works for VF as a shipping manager or something. I didn't think Deanna's fiance had a connection until DWT pointed it out. I don't think the fiance works for VF, unless I missed something else.

Oh okay, I misread that. Maybe fiancé liked the page to get in the good graces of his future FIL?

O_o I am shocked... she is soooo young!!!

Yeah I never forget how fundie they are. Against working women, and any woman's right. They wear shorts, but only at home when no one can look at them, because you know AC is too expensive in a small house that houses 13 people.

Well, luckily for Deanna, this means she will no longer have to sleep on Costco shelving in the same room as her 9 younger siblings.

Even if she has to share her bed, she'll still have so much more room - and the trips to the bathroom will be so much easier than climbing off the top bunk and trying not to step on a sister's head.

Even if she has to share her bed, she'll still have so much more room - and the trips to the bathroom will be so much easier than climbing off the top bunk and trying not to step on a sister's head.

Plus, she'll only have to share the bathroom with one person, not eleven.

Thinking about life on the old Coughlan homestead makes me so glad that I have my own bed in my own bedroom and multiple bathrooms in my house.

Is it ok if I snark on appearence since they're both over 18?

He looks more feminine and she looks more masculine.

That said, they both look reasonably happy about things, so I'll ignore the fact that he's got her hand in what we over at FreeKatie call "the Grip." Tom Cruise often used "the Grip" on Katie Holmes' hand or forearm when they were together; he's also used "the Grip" on co-stars like Ben Stiller and Philip Seymour Hoffman in publicity shots. Hee.

Plus, she'll only have to share the bathroom with one person, not eleven.

Thinking about life on the old Coughlan homestead makes me so glad that I have my own bed in my own bedroom and multiple bathrooms in my house.

I bet you have real walls and floors too :lol:

What if they are so poor they have to live with the Coughlans ? I guess Perry could put a mattress out on the wonder porch.

Oh wait, that's the birthing room.

A shed ?

Great, another thing for Kim to be insufferably smug about. She and Deanna will be co-pregnant in no time. Barf. What a load of horseshit.

Are they in a school multipurpose room? It looks like it may be a church service renting the room. At least they aren't home churching.

Looking at Deanna's Facebook page, she wrote this back of June of 2010:

Dangit! it seems like everyone in the whole world is married except ME!!

She was 16. Now I had a time in my life when it seemed that everyone I knew was getting married, but that was when I was 22 and graduating from college (and my reaction was to wonder why on earth they all seemed to be rushing to the alter, not to lament the fact that I wasn't joining them). The responses to that Facebook posting, especially by her father, are very telling.

http://www.facebook.com/nonnabear

Archived