IGNORED

Deanna Coghlan Engaged

DomWackTroll

One bed free for another blessing. Great.

I hope her future spouse will manage to earn enough money so that he can afford real bed for his brood..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh jeez, it looks like it might be really soon. Posting about some event scheduled for the Friday before Labor Day, Perry Coghlan writes: "Well it might be postponed on account of a wedding the next day." I guess it could be somebody else's wedding, but he did say "soon." Blah.

Looking at Deanna's Facebook page, she wrote this back of June of 2010:

She was 16. Now I had a time in my life when it seemed that everyone I knew was getting married, but that was when I was 22 and graduating from college (and my reaction was to wonder why on earth they all seemed to be rushing to the alter, not to lament the fact that I wasn't joining them). The responses to that Facebook posting, especially by her father, are very telling.

http://www.facebook.com/nonnabear

you know I think it's intense and all, and that she was raised to think that her only fulfillement in life will be to be married and have kids, but there,s also the factor that it's the only way she can express her sexual needs. So Yeah needy 16 yo? not too surprising.

Oh jeez, it looks like it might be really soon. Posting about some event scheduled for the Friday before Labor Day, Perry Coghlan writes: "Well it might be postponed on account of a wedding the next day." I guess it could be somebody else's wedding, but he did say "soon." Blah.

What is up with those shotgun weddings? Stevie, now them!

I have thought that the series of photographs one of the daughters has been doing of herself and her sisters dressed up on Sundays looked like the girls were up for sale. (Admittedly, this perception was partially due to the context of the family). I kept wondering why Deanna wasn't included, but I guess it's because she's already sold.

He likes Metallica, AC/DC, Kings of leon, Rise Against....OMG! What a rare catch in fundie-world! I'm with "Run Deanna"-team.

And I think as well that he probably only liked VF, because of Perry, since it seems to be a quite recent thing.

Normally I hate to see these kids get married, but compared to Deanna's home life, this guy would have to be straight up abusive to be a worse option than staying on her shelf. Here's hoping that they actually get along and manage to eke out a happy life together. And who knows, maybe she has been secretly chafing against her parent's beliefs all along!

I can hope.

I'm amazed that Deanna likes Dorothy Sayers, a woman who birthed a child outside of wedlock and later married a divorced man.

Run Deanna run and be sure to put a real mattress on your wedding registry.

The guy she is engaged to gives me the creeps. I don't know why. But Old Dad Coghlan gives me the creeps, too. I just get the feeling that Perry is a Mark Driscoll wannabee and has a facebook, likes "manly" stuff, and keeps the wife barefoot at home always ready for sex while he goes off in the real world and lives how he wants. Deanna looks scared to death like she has just been sold as this wormy little nerd's sex slave. Just my take.

This guy seems less fundie than the Coghlans so he might be a decent match. Real job outside the fundie community, lots of normal TV shows, and he plays Halo. Not that a marriage of strangers is ever good, but she could have ended up with a Duggar or a blowhard Botkin. I feel bad for her, but not as bad as I do for Elizabeth Munck. I cannot find any wedding registries for them, they need to get on the ball!

So I was looking at some of the pics on Deanna's FB and this one just won the prize of racism!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

well, you can certainly tell he's part jewish...

— with Parker Cromwell Coghlan.

The baby's holding a dollar bill. (might be more than 1$ I don't know my American bill/president correspondences).

So I was looking at some of the pics on Deanna's FB and this one just won the prize of racism!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

The baby's holding a dollar bill. (might be more than 1$ I don't know my American bill/president correspondences).

I think it's $100. I guess it could be worse; since it's her brother, she's equally as Jewish as he is, and you kind of get a pass to snark on yourself and your own people. But...yeah, stereotypes :|

This guy seems less fundie than the Coghlans so he might be a decent match. Real job outside the fundie community, lots of normal TV shows, and he plays Halo. Not that a marriage of strangers is ever good, but she could have ended up with a Duggar or a blowhard Botkin. I feel bad for her, but not as bad as I do for Elizabeth Munck. I cannot find any wedding registries for them, they need to get on the ball!

For real. There's no way the Coughlans would be able to provide anything for them, AFAIK Deanna doesn't have a job herself, and the fiance is still in school. They need all that they can get from other people.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one. The LiaS people were the first fundies I followed, besides the one I knew personally. This announcement really comes out of nowhere and it will be interesting to see how it goes!

Good for her- hopefully now she can have air conditioning and a real bed. Sad commentary, but true.

On a shallow note, he is not what I would call an attractive lad, but if he goes to real school and has non-fundie interests, that makes him a thousand times more appealing than any fundie stud.

Ditto on Perry Sr. setting the "creep-o-meter" off the charts.

QTF

Also, does anyone else remember a post by Kim that talked about how her and Perry's relationship began--specifically, how young they were? In that post she specifically said, 'Not yet, Deanna. You're too young.' I don't remember exactly when she posted that, but it makes me hopeful that Deanna and her fiancee have known each other for a while.

Wow they look young and...uncomfortable together. That's the most awkward hand holding situation I've ever seen.

I think he's holding her hand that way to show the ring?

From tabitha's link: Kim & Perry's story. They were 17 when they got engaged, 19 when they married. Also:

In our ideal scenario, a family friend whom we have known over time will express an interest in one of our daughters. Because we know him and possibly his family very well, we will know whether this is a good idea and will have a good idea of whether he is ready for marriage, how his strengths and weaknesses might complement those of the daughter in question, etc. If he is ready and we consider our daughter to be ready, we would present the idea to our daughter.

I find several things wrong with this scenario, including the opening premise. If I were in my 30s or 40s, I would not want a family friend of mine expressing an interest in one of my children. That's creepy. Surely she means the child of a family friend or something like that? Also the idea that her daughter wouldn't even know this guy was interested until he approached her parents first. I think that puts a lot of pressure on the kids in question to make the relationship work, even if they didn't know each other very well at first. Plus she refers specifically to courtship in relation to her daughters, while ignoring her sons. Granted, it'll be awhile before any of her sons are old enough for courtship, but she could at least pretend to treat all her kids equally in terms of romantic relationships.

The more I read about the Coughlans, the more I'm struck by their similarities to the Duggars. It really highlights how absolutely lucky the Duggars are to have found the right formula for success. I'd be willing to bet my life savings that there are a lot more QF, Christian homeschooling families like the Coughlans than the Duggars.

Even the Knight guy mentioned how poor the Coughlans are.

Nothing wrong with being poor, but refusing free stuff like vaccinations, education, and possibly birth control in order to advance their agenda is

really dumb.

She is having another boy, and she's been crowing on her page about how she got a free ultrasound from the crisis pregnancy center. Jeez, Kim, just go on Medicaid/Medicare. I'm sure she'd qualify in an instant. But no, having another unassisted birth on the poop deck is all part of the agenda.

I don't know that I've ever seen such a large set of siblings that look SO different. The tallest girl (that's Deanna, right?) and the middle ones look sort of similar, the two with the long light brown hair look similar, then the boys and little girls don't look like anyone!

I don't know that I've ever seen such a large set of siblings that look SO different. The tallest girl (that's Deanna, right?) and the middle ones look sort of similar, the two with the long light brown hair look similar, then the boys and little girls don't look like anyone!

ime, that happens when you have two parents who look nothing alike. My siblings and I (the bio related ones) all look like we are different races despite sharing parents. And of my 5 children, I have two who look very much alike and then the others are completely different.

ime, that happens when you have two parents who look nothing alike. My siblings and I (the bio related ones) all look like we are different races despite sharing parents. And of my 5 children, I have two who look very much alike and then the others are completely different.

Oh, I know, it's just that with so many of these uber large, quiverfull families, they all look so alike. It's one thing when you have family of 3 or 4 that look different, but there are 10 of them! The older girls are definitely split in two distinct groups when it comes to looks, and then the littles are different still. I just find it striking.

What's weird in the case of the Coughlans, though, is that Kim and Perry actually look quite a lot alike, at least in terms of coloring. They both have fairly dark, somewhat Hispanic looks, but their youngest daughters are nearly gingers and there's a variety among the older ones as well. It is striking from looking at the banner pic on the top of the blog. I guess with that many kids to compare, the recessive genes have more of a chance to come out :think:

What's weird in the case of the Coughlans, though, is that Kim and Perry actually look quite a lot alike, at least in terms of coloring. They both have fairly dark, somewhat Hispanic looks, but their youngest daughters are nearly gingers and there's a variety among the older ones as well. It is striking from looking at the banner pic on the top of the blog. I guess with that many kids to compare, the recessive genes have more of a chance to come out :think:

I don't know, I feel like they're quite different size wise (look at the bone structure difference!) and she has light hair, he has well no hair lol

Archived