IGNORED

Deanna Coghlan Engaged

DomWackTroll

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a pic on Perry's Facebook of a girl in a long green dress that appears to have a halter neck, standing next to the bride. I'm assuming she was a bridesmaid, I could be wrong, and I can never tell the LiaS girls apart.

Aha, I was reading too fast and missed "maid" on the end of "brides". I see a picture with her now, that neckline is actually usually the same in the front as the back, but it's definitely Not Dougie's VF. LOL.

This is where Perry mentions he built most of the house on the neighbor's land: inashoe.com/2005/04/rant-for-the-day/

I'm not sure how they resolved that.

I was also thinking I had read the house was 800 sq. feet, but apparently it's more like 1200. When they built it they had 7 kids. It would have been small for that many, but they also had a clear expectation of having more, even at the time. This is where Kim describes some of the basics of the house: inashoe.com/2005/08/a-few-of-the-basics/

No, Kim, that is not the current American sentiment. But I do think your kids deserve better than a shelf and a drawer :roll:

Our house is about 1000 square feet, which is about average for a three bed here in the UK. Ours is now officially a 4 bed as we did out the loft into an attic bedroom. We did that because the third bedroom is so tiny it's pretty useless as a bedroom. The middle bedroom isn't that big either. There's 4 of us here so I have no idea how on earth they manage with a similar sized house with that many kids.

Kim's house - well I couldn't live like that. It looks like they have partitioned the kids bedroom as the walls don't even reach ceiling level. Why on earth would you do it that way? How hard is it to have a wall meet ceiling? That's beyond bizarre to me. That window looks so tiny for the size of the room too. Can't let in much light or be much good for ventilation.

Our house is about 1000 square feet, which is about average for a three bed here in the UK. Ours is now officially a 4 bed as we did out the loft into an attic bedroom. We did that because the third bedroom is so tiny it's pretty useless as a bedroom. The middle bedroom isn't that big either. There's 4 of us here so I have no idea how on earth they manage with a similar sized house with that many kids.

Kim's house - well I couldn't live like that. It looks like they have partitioned the kids bedroom as the walls don't even reach ceiling level. Why on earth would you do it that way? How hard is it to have a wall meet ceiling? That's beyond bizarre to me. That window looks so tiny for the size of the room too. Can't let in much light or be much good for ventilation.

/derailing

I went to the UK in middle school and we were staying in families. I was so excited because it was a house with a lot of bedroom, I thought wow they must be wealthy (coming from a very poor single mom family it was exciting) but when we came in all those rooms and particularly the bedrooms were so tiny! (I'm sure they were middle class, but clearly not the extravaganza I thought it would be).

/end of derailing

There are a few wedding pics up on the inashoe.com blog.....

She looks happy. I wish them all the best. At least she can have some space to herself. :)

They do look happy, and I'm glad for them. Glad, too, that it sounds that they had ample time to get to know each other before they made the decision to get married.

I don't see Deanna following in her parents' footsteps.

Perry gives me the creeps every.time. I look at him.

That is such an immodest bridesmaid dress. So tight! Is she really Perry's sister? He is so creepy that I have a hard time picturing him as part of a normal family setting, with his parents and siblings. I just see a table full of people with his face, scowling at each other. Forever.

Ok that got weird. Back on topic, at least make your kids wear shoes until the reception starts.

I notice her twitter says they made an offer on a house in town. I wonder what they're going to do with the old house :?

I would also say it's good for the kids to get out of that place, and it probably is. At least they'll (likely) get finished walls and floors. But I can only imagine the size of a house they could afford that's not in the middle of nowhere. The kids might have to share their single bedroom with the library.

As far as the wedding goes, the bridal party looks good I think. I can't see Deanna's dress very well, but what I can see is nice-looking, fairly modest without being ridiculous about it. I probably would have skipped the pew decorations, though, or maybe just done some tulle bows. That cheap ribbon is tacky as hell :snooty:

I saw this interesting nugget on her FB:

"The big girls have already made a list from the iKea catalog. They've decided to do away with beds entirely and live Japanese style, with roll-up mats that stow in a chest by day. Then they want to decorate their room in more of a sitting-room style."

Because the Coughlans are too cheap to buy beds and mattresses.

I saw this interesting nugget on her FB:

"The big girls have already made a list from the iKea catalog. They've decided to do away with beds entirely and live Japanese style, with roll-up mats that stow in a chest by day. Then they want to decorate their room in more of a sitting-room style."

Because the Coughlans are too cheap to buy beds and mattresses.

Oh, FFS. Sure, they love the idea of Asian-style roll-up mats when their alternative is sleeping on a shelf with about 6 inches of headroom. The "big girls" are nearly adults now...the deserve real beds :x No wonder Deanna went from engagement to marriage in 3 weeks with her first boyfriend.

It takes more room to lay people out horizontally rather than vertically. How will they fit all of the eleventy million people in one bedroom if they aren't stacked like cordwood?

She's not giving out a lot of details about how they are affording it, what prompted the move, what's happening to the old house, etc.

I wonder if they will now join Boerne Assembly?

It's official: they've bought the new house. At least they aren't planning on bringing the chickens with them into a city neighbourhood. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds: what prompted the change, how big their new house is, and what they do with the old house (I can't imagine they'll be able to sell it, unfinished and built on neighbouring property)

How many bedrooms does the new house have?

According to FB postings, 5 bedrooms. They aren't planning on switching churches, they've specifically said they're moving to be closer to their current church.

Archived