IGNORED

Guess fundies won't be shopping Amazon.com anymore

mirele

Jeff Bezos, the billionaire founder of Amazon.com, and his wife, MacKenzie, have agreed to donate $2.5 million to help pass a same-sex marriage referendum in Washington State, instantly becoming among the largest financial backers of gay marriage rights in the country.

With the gift, the couple have doubled the money available to the proponents of Referendum 74, which would legalize same-sex marriage in the state by affirming a law that passed the Legislature this year. Courts or lawmakers have declared gay marriage legal in six other states, but backers of such measures have never succeeded at the ballot box.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... -marriage/

Waiting for outrage in 3...2...

Oh no, where are they going to spend their Swagbucks now?

Or maybe they will conveniently overlook this, the way they do with Apple products.

Or maybe they will conveniently overlook this, the way they do with Apple products.

I think they will also conveniently overlook this. Some fundies like Zsu buy on demand instant videos of 19kac from Amazon. If they want to keep up with the godly Duggars, their other options aren't anti-gay related. I believe 19kac episodes are available on Zune Marketplace and iTunes. Microsoft and Apple both support gay rights/marriage. I can see some of the hardcore fundies boycotting Amazon, but the less hardcore and the fundie lite types will overlook this.

I forgot about some episodes of 19kac being put on youtube. I can see TLC cracking down on the stuff at some point.

Maybe Pearl will pull TTUAC off amazon in protest! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Heh heh heh. Though I don't know quite how I feel about corporations getting involved in politics (even politics I agree with!), I can't help but enjoy any kind of in-your-face to regressive haters.

Go Amazon! I think too many products and services are for same-sex marriage for fundies to stop using them completely. And there's very little as good as Amazon. But I think we can expect a rant from Zsu about all the evil homosexual perverts infiltrating her internet, and I hope the Pearls and other fundies will pull their books from Amazon. The less they can reach naive members of the general public, the better.

Compare Amazon, which is known and used around the globe, to Chick-Fil-A, which is regional, and something I'd never heard of before FJ because we don't have them in this country, and it seems like the "gay agenda" is doing well:)

Go Amazon! I think too many products and services are for same-sex marriage for fundies to stop using them completely. And there's very little as good as Amazon. But I think we can expect a rant from Zsu about all the evil homosexual perverts infiltrating her internet, and I hope the Pearls and other fundies will pull their books from Amazon. The less they can reach naive members of the general public, the better.

Compare Amazon, which is known and used around the globe, to Chick-Fil-A, which is regional, and something I'd never heard of before FJ because we don't have them in this country, and it seems like the "gay agenda" is doing well:)

Welll that is only because the EBIL GAY AGENDA has managed to take over all the media. They aren't really winning, they just persecute the righteous who dare to stand against equality to make it seem like they are winning. At least all that is according to Jericho. And we all know he is never wrong. :roll:

And there is no way fundies are going to boycott Amazon. Amazon could put a Pride flag on their front page and they still would use their swagbucks there.

Welll that is only because the EBIL GAY AGENDA has managed to take over all the media. They aren't really winning, they just persecute the righteous who dare to stand against equality to make it seem like they are winning. At least all that is according to Jericho. And we all know he is never wrong. :roll:

And there is no way fundies are going to boycott Amazon. Amazon could put a Pride flag on their front page and they still would use their swagbucks there.

I usually don't like to play with fundies but I think it would be hilarious to know what Jericho thinks about Amazon now. Strong arm tactics perhaps? :lol: Now that I was informed there was in fact an EBIL GAY AGENDA, and that it really means equality and rainbow cakes and cocktails for all, I'm rooting for it's success.

I also believe a big pride flag on the front page wouldn't stop them. Although I could see them still using Amazon and crying persecution of their religious beliefs or something. And then when it's suggested they can stop using Amazon if they want, which is the exact same thing as people boycotting Chick-Fil-A they will cry persecution some more. Because I don't think a fundie's day is complete until they pretend to be persecuted.

Pretty please? That would make my month.

TTUAC was the first thing I thought of, as well. It would be nice if it disappeared from Amazon (and the entire earth).

Awesome :D

I shop on Amazon a lot so I would have been pissed had they done a Chick-fil-a. Glad they have come out supporting it.

Where are you, 40 moms? Nothing to say?

We need a meme that says "I love Jesus, but I love swagbucks more"

Sometimes the 40 k moms are behind stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they put something up about Amazon within the next few days. I checked their site and they are starting to bitch again Soul Man on TV Land.

Maybe Pearl will pull TTUAC off amazon in protest! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

From your keyboard to God's (and Amazon's) ears...

Maybe we should post this news on NGJ's FB page. Talk about stirring up a hornets' nest!

Awesome :D

I shop on Amazon a lot so I would have been pissed had they done a Chick-fil-a. Glad they have come out supporting it.

Me too! Amazon is one of my favorite places to shop and I'd be incredibly disappointed in them if they had come out against it.

I hope they continue to do business with Amazon because that's where I get most of my used fundie books.

Well to be fair, it's hard to boycott companies who do things you don't believe in. I try not to purchase from places obviously unethical but I find it too difficult to keep track of every corporation and I don't think that's particularly hypocritical or anything.

OMM finally put this on their FB page. I love how now that they are dealing with a large company with few competitors, people are starting to make comments like, "Prayers are more powerful than boycotts!" "It was a private donation by the CEO, not a donation from the company!" "Think of all the Christian merchants on Marketplace who would be hurt by a boycott!"

:lol: :lol: :clap: That gives me a good giggle for the morning.

They definitely seem to be waffling on the boycott OMM called for.

Also we should be a light in the dark and love on others as Christ!How can we be a light & love on others as Christ if we don't ever go to the dark places....

Translation: OMG, I am not giving up my kindle, are you fucking kidding me?

Amazon is more - way, way more than an online shopping site. To boycott Amazon, I'd have to stop using this Android I'm using to post this since Amazon is the company that supports the Android os. Isn't Google also associated with Amazon, too? And what about all the Christian markets accessible only through Amazon Marketplace?

Translation: Teh gheyz are everywhere. Persecution!

I shall only boycott things for Christ if I'm not actually using them and it won't really affect me at all.

See fundies? Your bigoted religious agendas to discriminate others through proposed laws is failing. People who aren't fundies/ignorant religious people it seems love others being happy than cults that deprive living people of happiness using the excuse that they'll be happy in Heaven because they obeyed God; instead of only fundies being able to be happy do use their Christian/religious privaleges (sp?) while they're alive on Earth. Deal with it.

Well to be fair, it's hard to boycott companies who do things you don't believe in. I try not to purchase from places obviously unethical but I find it too difficult to keep track of every corporation and I don't think that's particularly hypocritical or anything.

I agree; it is rather difficult at times. But if you're going to make a BFD about boycotting Oreo or JCP, perhaps tweeting from your iPhone isn't the best way to do it. If these people really, truly stood by their convictions as they claim to do, they would give up something that would actually cause them an inconvenience. It is no secret that Apple and Microsoft are run by evil liberals who support equal rights. I'm a hardcore Amazon junkie, but if they were in CFA's shoes right now, I would give it up. And it would be fucking hard to do. I would weep inconsolably as I canceled my Prime subscription and traded in my Kindles for Nooks. It would be much more difficult than my Nestle boycott (Though it's easy to inadvertently support them, as I have a few times. Those fuckers are always buying companies.), which I am firm about, but doesn't cause much of an inconvenience in my life. I am now in the market for a new home improvement store, which is going to suck the big one, because I found out Menard's donates to causes that are detrimental to society and they're all we have other than Lowe's and we still have bedrooms to gut and redo. But I firmly believe we vote with much more than our ballots at election time and my conscience won't allow it.

I also love how the religious Christian commenters say "What's next, polygamy?" When King David had a harem; and some Biblical "heros" (if you can call them that) had 2 wives/a wife and a handmaid. But Jews have to obey Christians as revenge for putting "Jesus to death"; according to militant fundies; and apparantly men such as David were part of the Bible's Old Testament so he's exempt from the polygamy rules; since the Bible is the Christian's "holy" book. When you point this out to them; they accuse you of being a phillistine/twisting the Bible to fit your opinions/views which is exactly what they have been doing throughout the centuries! Fundamentalist/ignorant Christian idealogy/logic is fucked up. Please correct and forgive me if I was wrong in any parts of my post. * :oops: *

Archived