IGNORED

Guess fundies won't be shopping Amazon.com anymore

mirele

OMM finally put this on their FB page. I love how now that they are dealing with a large company with few competitors, people are starting to make comments like, "Prayers are more powerful than boycotts!" "It was a private donation by the CEO, not a donation from the company!" "Think of all the Christian merchants on Marketplace who would be hurt by a boycott!"

Translation: I love my swag bucks and Amazon Mom too much to let a little old thing like what I've said get in the way of my shopping. Yet another do as I say, not as I do. ROFL.

I am now in the market for a new home improvement store, which is going to suck the big one, because I found out Menard's donates to causes that are detrimental to society and they're all we have other than Lowe's and we still have bedrooms to gut and redo. But I firmly believe we vote with much more than our ballots at election time and my conscience won't allow it.

Wait! What? No! What? :shock:

More Amazon for me.

Off to go buy something from them as a thank you. Last night John Stewart pointed out the Apple/Chic FilA dilemma towards the liberal angle. Apple has problems with using sweat shops. ChickFilA pays for college for it's employees.

Conservatives will start protesting over this yet will throw an appreciation day for those who come out saying they're against marriage.

I say we throw an "Amazon Appreciation Day" as a big "FU" to those conservatives.

They definitely seem to be waffling on the boycott OMM called for.

Translation: OMG, I am not giving up my kindle, are you fucking kidding me?

Translation: Teh gheyz are everywhere. Persecution!

Actually, crazy OMM supporter (not you, emmie)... Amazon doesn't do android, that's Google. They support gay marriage, too, so you still have a conflict, but I just wanted to point that out.

AFA recently called for a Google boycott.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... 66218.html

There aren't any alternatives for fundies when it comes to search engines. Bing is owned by Microsoft and we all know Bill supports gay marriage and the founder of yahoo also supports gay rights. I wonder if 40 k moms will ever take down their Facebook page. One of the FB co-founders is gay and he recently got married.

I wonder if the Maxwells have pulled their books and some of the Moodys' books off of amazon? Or if they're just concerned about making $ rather than stand up for what they claim are true Christian values? Hypocritical fundies like them are hilarious: "Oh, I want to post etc company; but that's the only site where I can find the most of this product!" Fundies are all a buncha hypocrites. Somebody please correct me if the Maxwell/some of the Moodys' books are still on amazon or not.

I wonder if the Maxwells have pulled their books and some of the Moodys' books off of amazon? Or if they're just concerned about making $ rather than stand up for what they claim are true Christian values? Hypocritical fundies like them are hilarious: "Oh, I want to post etc company; but that's the only site where I can find the most of this product!" Fundies are all a buncha hypocrites. Somebody please correct me if the Maxwell/some of the Moodys' books are still on amazon or not.

They're there, but from what I saw (just a quick look), only from the marketplace

I say we throw an "Amazon Appreciation Day" as a big "FU" to those conservatives.

Amazon Appreciation Day--AKA, "Days ending in 'Y'"

Last year, Zsu blogged about some of the gifts she was getting from readers. One of the gifts was an Amazon gift card. I wonder if Zsu will have an anti-Amazon posting in which she tells her readers not to send her Amazon gift cards.

Conservatives will start protesting over this yet will throw an appreciation day for those who come out saying they're against marriage.

I had to buy a couple of study books for my boards. Amazon got my business, although I don't think it was quite midnight eastern daylight time. Close enough. :D

I was waiting to read Barbara Curtis' excuses reasons for giving Amazon a free pass on their inherent ebil-ness because she derives a significant amount of blog revenue as an affiliate (mommylife.net/archives/2012/07/boycotts_what_d.html). In answer to a reader's question about how she would respond to Jeff Bezo's support for marriage equality, she said this:

Honestly, I've decided that I'm not interested in boycotting private corporations - particularly those which add to the quality of my life, as Amazon has for 15 years. They have saved me time and money and saved me from purchases I might have regretted through customer reviews, which I depend on for the real scoop. I'm an affiliate not only because it helps support my website - and I'm grateful for the opportunity they've provided to communicators like me - but because making them my first stop which I need something has worked so well for me that I have confidence it will work well for others.

The recent Chick-fil-A debacle has caused settled this question once-and-for-all for me. As far as I'm concerned, the owners of private companies have the right to do what they wish with their money - just as the owner of Chick-fil-A should have the right to do what he wishes with his.

After all, there are principles and then there are principles - know what I mean? :orcs-gayflag:

Archived