IGNORED

What are you reading now?

AtroposHeart

Two books of The Boondocks (Because I Know You Don't Read the Newspaper and Fresh for '01), trying to pick out some comics for the unit I'll teach on satire.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two books of The Boondocks (Because I Know You Don't Read the Newspaper and Fresh for '01), trying to pick out some comics for the unit I'll teach on satire.

Er. Mah. Gerd. How did you lay your hand on a gem like that? I needz it! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Season of Darkness, by Maureen Jennings. It's a mystery set in WW2 England, by the author of the Murdoch Mysteries. Enjoying it; very well written and gripping, not too gory.

I'm reading the Parasol Protectorate books. Love them! Steampunk, with vampires, ghosts, werewolves and a kick-ass heroine with an awesome fashion sense.

I'm a little behind on my reading (still need to read The Room), but I just finished up The Great Gatsby. I saw the movie and enjoyed it immensely, and was pleased to see that it followed the book pretty closely.

Er. Mah. Gerd. How did you lay your hand on a gem like that? I needz it! :o

It is awesome, indeed! I think The Partner must have gotten it back when the strip was still running.

I'm trying to be highbrow lol. Currently reading Brideshead Revisited. I now have a longer commute so I'm trying to read more to pass the time.

Just finished Until I Find You by John Irving, which is excellent, though definitely warrants a TW for sexual abuse.

Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis. I highly recommend it to all FJers.

Fucking seconded. If you want to understand the fundie Man Of God mindset, read it.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived