IGNORED

What are you reading now?

AtroposHeart

Currently reading- "The Unlikely Disciple:A Sinner's Semester At America's Holiest University" by Kevin Roose

Just finished reading- "I Fired God:My Life Inside-and Escape from-the Secret World of the Independent Fundamental Baptist Cult" by Jocelyn Zichterman. It was rough. Her descriptions of her life gave me a headache and turned my stomach.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a practicing Catholic as well, and I was aghast. Their child nearly died of their own doing.

Even worse...the folks in this book are from Nebraska.

Srsly, I would like to put out a headline that not everyone from NE is a religious whacko.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working my way through Aayan Hirsi Ali. I've finished Infidel, and am starting Nomad and The Caged Virgin. I usually have several books going at once, so am a few chapters into Christopher Hitchens God is Not Great and Rebecca Musser The Witness Wore Red.

The Prime of Miss Jean Brrrrrodie. Definitely an interesting read, though as a teacher I have to say that Brodie would be an incredibly annoying coworker!

Hunger Games. Finally decided to get into it, and it's pretty good.

I was also reading Watership Down, but my copy of the book seems to have disappeared somehow..

The Medusa Girls trilogy by Tera Lynn Childs- Sweet Venom, Sweet Shadows and Sweet Legacy. They're interesting YA novels, putting an interesting twist on the Medusa legend.

I also just finished The All You Can Dream Buffet by Barbara O'Neal, and it was great!

I'm reading Lies My Teacher Told Me. Just started it but seems interesting so far.

I'm currently reading "What Will It Take to Make a Woman President?-Conversations About Women, Leadership and Power" by Marianne Schnall. I just started it but I think it's going to be an interesting read. Perhaps I'll review it for my blog.

Reading the Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. I am actually rereading the whole Outlander series in preparation for the 8th book coming out and going to the Fan Retreat in June!

123 of them.

Nice!

I just read The Old Order, Stories of the South, by Katherine Ann Porter

and

Shadow Tag, by Louise Erdrich

Just finished up Looking For Alaska. I think I'd like it a lot better if I were, say, a 15-year-old boy. However, for what it was, it was pretty decent.

Starting up "Beauty: A Retelling of Beauty & The Beast". What I really want to read next though is Cannibals of Candyland! :p

• 4 months later...
Take the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge: Rory was seen reading these 339 books onscreen. How many have you read?

http://www.listchallenges.com/rory-gilm ... -challenge

I've read 90. Alas, I'm no Rory Gilmore.

Only 41, if my memory is right. Now, if we count the one's I own but haven't read (yet) my score would go up quite a bit. Doubt I'll ever make it through David Copperfield, though. I've tried two or three times, and can't make it past the first chapter. I have read Chaucer's Tales in the original language, though, do I get bonus points? :)

Right now, I'm reading Philomena (Martin Sixsmith) and Battle Magic (Tamora Pierce), just finished Remains of Innocence (J.A. Jance) and Nine Lives to Die (Rita Mae Brown), plus Little House in the Big Woods and Little House on the Prairie (I signed up for the free online class on LIW).

Next up: The Boys in the Boat, Lost and Found: Heinrich Schliemann and the Gold that Got Away, LEGO: A Love Story, and Birding With Yeats.

i finished "the fault in our stars" about...three months ago? or thereabouts. i haven't been able to pick up another book yet.

I've kind of gone loopy for Nordic crime fiction, and have discovered a particular affinity for all things Iceland. Currently, I'm reading the works of Yrsa Sigurdardottir. Her main character is a lawyer named Thora who is quite honestly hilarious. It's also got that creepy Nordic vibe going on, which is always a treat. Highly recommend.

Just wrapping up "The Firm" by Penny Junor about the House of Windsor. It is somewhat dated with a copyright of 2005 and she has more current stuff out about William and Harry going up to about 2013. Utter summer light reading. :D

The Importance of Being Seven by Alexander McCall Smith

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived