IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am curious too. Must have been the chatroom? If CA can't be trusted, why the hell does she live in that state. Unreal. 

It was probably in the chat room. I actually wonder if Lori and Ken wish they had moved out of CA years ago. Lori grew up there and I'm not sure if Ken had lived his entire life in CA before marrying Lori. Ken set up his business there and probably gained a lot of clients around SoCal. He has clients in other states. I'm guessing he could have moved his business to another state. Weather and being around relatives could have been the reasons they stayed in CA. I'm sure Lori has been somewhat miserable there for a long time because of politics. Ken for financial reasons might really hate being there. 

If they actually move out of CA, Lori will still find issues in Texas and Tennessee. She's going to have to deal with weather changes and not having access to certain produce throughout the year. She may meet more conservatives in those states. But, she'll likely meet conservatives who are actually fine with women working outside the home.  Recently, someone on Lori Alexander Deleted brought up the point Lori being conservative should be more supportive of working mothers because they are working for what they want and are teaching their children to work hard for things. I know conservative women who would have loved or love to stay home with their kids, but they can't afford to on their husband's salaries. Those same woman do not want to use government resources.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

And he saved the best stuff for last!

We were actually subjected to a very long sermon about this once at Christian school chapel in which the visiting youth pastor of the week explained how important "fresh grape juice" was to a wedding reception in the Jewish culture of Jesus's time. When Jesus changed the water to grape juice, it was extra super fresh which made it the best grape juice anyone had ever had. And they loved their grape juice, don't you know? Serving the freshest possible grape juice was an extremely important part of holding a wedding. 

It was the dumbest sermon I have ever sat through in my life. 

I'm a fan of Cabernet grape juice, Pinot Noir grape juice and rosé grape juice.  I'm particularly fond of Chilean grape juice.

I will add I've never had bad grape juice in France or Italy, even the everyday ordinary grape juice that comes with the meal in small restaurants. 

20 hours ago, Loveday said:

I wonder if Lori will say anything to this. Because, as we all know, this is exactly what she believes.

Well, Ken isn't exactly sure. It's POSSIBLE that women are created in God's image, but we won't know til we get to heaven. :my_dodgy: (and yes, he said that. )

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Yes they totally do because you know, Noah totally got drunk off of grape juice.....and all those verses on drunkeness was warning people away from drinking too much grape juice. That stuff will get yah.

Turns out it was a sugar buzz. 

And Thomas B. Welch just RE-INVENTED the pasteurization process of grapes that the ancient Jews had already perfected centuries earlier.

Who knew!

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Well, Ken isn't exactly sure. It's POSSIBLE that women are created in God's image, but we won't know til we get to heaven. :my_dodgy: (and yes, he said that. )

Yeah, I saw that: " If women are not made in God's image they sure are a close second. And this we will find out when we get to heaven."  I died laughing. 

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

And Jesus turned water into grape juice at the wedding at Cana because nothing keeps a party going like some grape juice.

And wasn't it Jesus' mother who informed him of the lack of "grape juice", because she knew he would take care of the problem? So - horror of horrors - Jesus took instruction from a woman?! :jawdrop:

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Yeah, I saw that: " If women are not made in God's image they sure are a close second. And this we will find out when we get to heaven."  I died laughing. 

SAME. What else would be a close second, @Ken, you dingus? (not that we are a close second, we were made in God's image, of course) Fucking monkeys?

*no disrespect to monkeys. I like monkeys!

Someone just replied on that 'Making A Name for Ourselves in Cyberspace' post from the other day:

The hypocrisy in this post is mind-blowing.

:laughing-rolling::clap::laughing-rolling::clap::laughing-rolling:

Man these guys have a complex. They must feel so special being the only ones created in the image of God. And what does that mean for women in their book? After all it doesn't diminish their worth at all says one man! They just can't ask men to do anything, expect men to help with chores/children, work outside the home, pray in church church or even speak in church for that matter, can't teach anyone besides women, don't command as much respect, are too emotional, easily deceived, worthless without husbands, can't be hearing from God if the call is to be out of the home, can't be a leader, cause men to lust, are responsible for sexual assault and if anything bad befalls their children, isn't an equal partner in a marriage. Yep totally equal! I feel so blessed knowing that you believe that despite not being created in the image of God that I have so much worth in the eyes of men! ( dripping sarcasm and excuse me while I go throw up after typing that blasphemy)

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Man these guys have a complex. They must feel so special being the only ones created in the image of God. And what does that mean for women in their book? After all it doesn't diminish their worth at all says one man! They just can't ask men to do anything, expect men to help with chores/children, work outside the home, pray in church church or even speak in church for that matter, can't teach anyone besides women, don't command as much respect, are too emotional, easily deceived, worthless without husbands, can't be hearing from God if the call is to be out of the home, can't be a leader, cause men to lust, are responsible for sexual assault and if anything bad befalls their children, isn't an equal partner in a marriage. Yep totally equal! I feel so blessed knowing that you believe that despite not being created in the image of God that I have so much worth in the eyes of men! ( dripping sarcasm and excuse me while I go throw up after typing that blasphemy)

Yes, and also submitting to your husband puts you in a position of power. It is very powerful to submit! So interesting that men choose not to have this "power" but leave it for women.

Alyssa has a picture of Cassi and the new baby on her instastory. Cassi looks like Lori to me, which makes me shudder. 

Per IG, Erin must have recently been in Tucson for her jewelry business. I’m sure that doesn’t set well with Lori. 

I would love a churchgoer from a church Lori and Ken attended to show up here. Or her aunts- didn’t they show up on the blog years ago??

11 hours ago, Florita said:

stupid_LI.jpg.01f7ce16373a16f017c57154b678b669.jpg

Wow! People actually believe that?!? The willful ignorance is astounding. 

So, wine in the Bible was grape juice? Does that mean that the Bible is wrong?  That's the argument my husband uses when told that as Baptists, we should ever have a drink.  Usually the only people we hear that from are other Baptists, and most of them are the "literal" ones.

Has Lori ever mentioned serving at her church? Volunteering to help at all? Doing ANYTHING for someone other than herself?

She claims she is serving by mentoring younger women. She is NOT mentoring. She is lecturing. All she is doing is spouting off hateful ideas. How does she “mentor”? How does she help someone else? 

52 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Has Lori ever mentioned serving at her church? Volunteering to help at all? Doing ANYTHING for someone other than herself?

She claims she is serving by mentoring younger women. She is NOT mentoring. She is lecturing. All she is doing is spouting off hateful ideas. How does she “mentor”? How does she help someone else? 

She has never given any stories of doing volunteer work other "mentoring" at her current or past churches. I think it was during the time she attended North Coast Cavalry Chapel, that she and Ken claimed that the church sent many women and/or couples to be mentored by Lori and/or Ken. She did say that some women rejected her as "mentor" and that one couple didn't like her and Ken. I think stories about her dangerous beliefs spread fast and church administration eventually went after Loriken and they changed churches. Some churches due to certain kinds of liability issues only allow people with certification and training to do counseling or mentoring. Lori is a huge liability to a church community and I think people at her current church are doing what they can to keep her out of certain things.

I can't see Lori doing other forms of volunteering at church like soup kitchens or food pantries. We know she and Ken don't believe in tithing, so if there were church fundraisers for members in need I doubt she would bake her expensive organic cookies or cakes for a bake sale.

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Alyssa has a picture of Cassi and the new baby on her instastory. Cassi looks like Lori to me, which makes me shudder. 

Per IG, Erin must have recently been in Tucson for her jewelry business. I’m sure that doesn’t set well with Lori. 

I would love a churchgoer from a church Lori and Ken attended to show up here. Or her aunts- didn’t they show up on the blog years ago??

I have always thought that Cassi looks a lot like Mommy Lori.

I also hope that someone who knows Loriken shows up here. Yeah, two aunts commented on her blog for awhile and then it seemed that Lori stopped letting their comments go through. I wouldn't be surprised if Lori is the cousin or aunt that most people in the family hate. I think there is a better chance a church goer will show up here and dish on Lori. Lori's relatives probably want to keep peace in the family even though they might view her as a dangerous moron.

If she won’t give financially, I’d like to see her volunteer her time, if she is a Godly older woman as she says she is. She proclaims herself to be a Godly role model but she’s not modeling behavior of Christ... She only spouts controversy and fuels division. I know Baptist churches go to soup kitchens and homeless shelters. She can volunteer her time and does not have an excuse. After all, that is the Christ-like thing to do. 

No. Lori won’t ever do it. I don’t think Lori has ever been a volunteer for anything.

I cannot stand how so many Christians don’t donate and don’t volunteer. It is heart-breaking. What happened to being like Jesus?

I asked Lori a couple years ago what she had done to volunteer.  Crickets. My comment was never published, which leads me to believe, like several posters have mentioned previously, that she has never lifted a finger to volunteer at her church (or anywhere actually).  

I also wouldn't want any of her baked goods at a fundraiser, given how she spreads chicken juice everywhere and thinks her sense of smell is a determinant for Norwex cloth cleanliness. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, fluffy said:

"the state wants our children."

How do you even argue with that reasoning?  Yep...the state, all states just want to take away people's children. And what are they going to do with them, Lori?  Where are they putting all these children they are taking.  Put them in feminist indoctrination camps? GEEZ.....just when you think the stupidity can't get any more stupid.........

Today's post is quite the hoot. Its her stand on how she is such a great grandma. Its a response really to some things we have said here. 

First she uses a picture of her new granddaughter as her post title image. 

I don’t see anything about having careers or living as one pleases or for pleasure in these verses. Yet many older women go back to careers once their children are raised, go on vacations, and keep themselves doing things they want to do instead of what God has instructed them to do.

Nevermind her 10 week vacation to WI. That doesn't count!  And her blogging and book writing is a sort of career. 

Right after my children were born, my mother came and lived with us for two weeks. She did this for my sisters, too. When I was so sick all of those years, she was the first one at my home to help in any way she could. My first baby had colic so when I was overwhelmed, I would go to my mom’s home and she would take over walking and rocking the baby. She’s always been there for us and this is the way it should be. I have been blessed and am thankful for a mother like her.

My youngest daughter just had that cute baby in the picture. The day she was in labor, I was on a plane to go take care of her and her family. She has a toddler and a busy husband. I cooked, cleaned, rocked, shopped, babysat, and did whatever she needed from me. I wasn’t able to do this with her last one because I was so ill but it’s a huge blessing that I felt well enough to go this time. Her life would have been much more difficult if I wasn’t there to help.

She forgot to add how she also continued blogging while on this oh so helpful trip. I would have never guessed she was away. If it wasn't for Lori her life would be difficult! If it wasn't for me, me, me.. 

She’s busy deleting comments or replying to them this morning. On the homeschool post she replied to a comment with two old blog posts of hers. It looks like she has been busy deleting comments on those as well. 

Isn't it amazing how a "Christian" blogger can turn a post into one big brag session. 

"I did this good thing and this good thing and this good thing. I am such a good mom and grandma!  Did I tell you about all the good things I've done?"

As a matter of fact, she has done nothing that millions of other moms, Christian or not, have done for their kids. Many do these things while holding down a job, too.  If you're not lazy and selfish, you find a way to help others despite your job status and despite your health status. 

Big fucking deal Lori. When my granddaughters were born, my happy ass was on a plane the day before they were born (scheduled c-sections) and I stayed for about 10 days each time. And yes, I burned vacation time from work to go. I burned a week of vacation time when my sister-in-law died (my husband was crushed, she was his only full sibling and they were very close). 

Lori is going to dislocate her shoulder trying to pat herself on the back. Hub and I jump in where there's a need. Why? because its the RIGHT thing to do. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived