IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

OMG... something happened in Maxwell land!  I'm going to hope that rather than lose her sparkle Chelsy will bring some colour and life and fun into Maxhell and that they will be a sociable couple who have lots of visitors allowing Sarah and the others to meet lots of eligible men.

I realise I'm probably clutching at straws!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that photo, Benjamin looks quite a lot like how Abigail did as a baby. In the early pictures he looked a lot like Christina.

I wonder if any of the leghumpers will mention the engagement in a comment somewhere? I bet some Maxwell humpers follow the Bontragers. 

Also interesting how the Bontrager blog mentions John fitting in well with THEM. The Bontragers have probably been friends with the Maxwells for a while, there is no way the Bontragers don't know about the Maxwell lifestyle. 

There are three Bontrager sisters, three Maxwell sisters and several little Maxwell granddaughters. Wonder who will take which roles? I'm guessing Allison, Sarah, Anna and Mary will be bridesmaids at least, then there are Elizabeth, Rebecca and the ABC girls. I wonder if they'll include Elizabeth as a bridesmaid since she'll be 14, and maybe Rebecca too (she's 10) like the Duggars included Johannah as Jill's bridesmaid when she was 8, and then have the ABCs as flower girls. I don't know if Ruthie and Lydia would be included, Tina was 2 when she was flower girl for Joseph and Elissa. The Maxwells have a habit of including every sibling/grandchild in the wedding party. Unless some of them are "candle lighters" or have some other role like Anna had in Nathan's wedding (IIRC she wasn't a flower girl or bridesmaid but was included).

8 minutes ago, Teaistheway said:

OMG... something happened in Maxwell land!  I'm going to hope that rather than lose her sparkle Chelsy will bring some colour and life and fun into Maxhell and that they will be a sociable couple who have lots of visitors allowing Sarah and the others to meet lots of eligible men.

I realise I'm probably clutching at straws!

I think that either they will bring some life and fun into the lives of the Maxwells at home, or they will separate themselves a bit like Joe and Elyssa seem to. I would love it if Elyssa and Chelsey got together and talked shit about Steve :my_angel:

Back to Wonder Woman Mel's post.  Doesn't Crazy Eyed Nate work at home.  If he needs to talk to Mel why doesn't he just walk into the kitchen or living room or whereever the hell the kids have school.

Chelsy also has a Pinterest. I didn't look at it but it may have some clues on how she would like the wedding to look. 

I'm so not surprised they read here. They have probably been very careful not to post any group photos that included John. We were onto them anyway. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I would feel more hopeful about this if John hadn't just bought that fixer-upper in Leavenworth. 

Sadly, and I hate to put a damper on hopes that John and Chelsy would move away and live nowhere near Maxhell, this indicates he's going to stick around.    Even though Joe and Elissa seem to maintain some distance, they are still in proximity.   This is the family that wailed over their oldest son moving down the street! With that kind of extreme thinking, make no mistake, these kids are programmed to stay in Maxhell.  

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Steve must be steaming a little.  John is described as Chelsy's boyfriend, they are touching, and Chelsy isn't dressed modestly enough for Steve.  So much for courtship, dourtship, and dating.

I love the thought of Steve's face when he saw one of his unsullied soldiers for the Lord referred to as someone's "boyfriend."

A few other thoughts:

1. Their children will have amazing eyes.

2. For those people saying they're surprised that Steve would approve someone as non-Maxwellian as Chelsy, I think Steve knows he's got a tiger by the tail with John, and Chelsy was a necessary compromise. He wasn't going to keep that boy down on the farm much longer. 

3. God do I hope she keeps blogging as liberally as she does now.

4. As usual, poor Sarah. I wonder how much Steve and Teri realize how bad the Fundy optics are to have four married sons and all three daughters still unmarried. 

53 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

2. For those people saying they're surprised that Steve would approve someone as non-Maxwellian as Chelsy, I think Steve knows he's got a tiger by the tail with John, and Chelsy was a necessary compromise. He wasn't going to keep that boy down on the farm much longer. 

I agree. John was the only sort of wild card Maxwell. Steve is lucky John picked a Bontrager and not a less fundie girl. Although their styles and rules are different, the Maxwells and Bontragers have similar beliefs. And John is living more than a half mile away. I'm personally hoping they keep up good boundaries and little by little, break free from Maxhell. We shall see. 

So, some recent quotes from Chelsy's blog. Hoo boy is this girl gonna be a challenge for Steve. She's very social, loves trying new things, and is very into fashion. Imagine the Maxwell sisters saying ANY of these things. 

Moms do their sons a big disservice by not teaching them to do laundry/housework. Housework isn't "girl work" and it definitely isn't lesser work. All of my brothers know how to make meals, scrub toilets, and pick up after themselves, and their wives will be blessed women because of it. 

but it is good and healthy to have other friends in addition to family, and today I want to talk to you about those "other friends" that you need to have in your lives.

I hope something said here can challenge someone else in the area of being open to the Holy Spirit and reaching out to people in your life, even if it looks like those people's lives are perfect and "peachy". For all you know, there are layers of hurt and pain hidden beneath the smile, and that person you spend time with today may be in desperate need of someone to say a kind word or a prayer and just give them a little extra Jesus. Just because they are putting on a smile and "looking the part" doesn't mean their life is peachy perfect.

but cute shoes are so fun. Are we agreed, ladies? 

They just add sparkle to life!

18 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I love the thought of Steve's face when he saw one of his unsullied soldiers for the Lord referred to as someone's "boyfriend."

Could help but think of Game of Thrones when I read this.

19 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

4. As usual, poor Sarah. I wonder how much Steve and Teri realize how bad the Fundy optics are to have four married sons and all three daughters still unmarried

I still am of the belief that Steveovah can let go of his sons because they will remain near him but daughters are a whole other issue.   According to their beliefs and need to keep the family together to unhealthy extremes, I don't think Steveovah can abide allowing his daughters to move away to live with husbands just like the daughters-in-law move to Leavenworth.   I think he wants any prospective son-in-law to move to the compound and if he has the same requirements as for his sons (be self employed, buy house in vicinity debt free) and in addition measuring up to Steve's exacting standards, then it's no surprise that non of his daughters are married.  For one: just moving could be problematic for a prospective son in law if his self employment is reliant on a local customer base where he lives.    That could disqualify him right there.

13 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm not sure Sarah or Anna would be mentally capable of moving away at this point.

I think this is very possible.  At this point, both of them may have spent too much of their lives in Maxhell and moving away is just going to be too difficult.  

18 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm not sure Sarah or Anna would be mentally capable of moving away at this point.

I can well believe it. Change is hard for a lot of people, and the Maxwell daughters have been conditioned to trust only their family and fear the outside world and the outsiders who inhabit it. Also, I'm a few years younger than Sarah, but I've been single pretty much all my life, and I can tell you that the older you get, the more comfortable it becomes. I'm used to being single, I know it, it's familiar, it's safe, and it becomes more and more difficult to imagine that giving up what I know and am content with would be worth it for any man. I could see the Maxwell daughters paradoxically (in a way) being the ones turning down various suitors, even if their father might accept the men in question. What man is ever going to be perfect enough? With what man are they ever going to be safe enough to leave what they consider to be the only safe place on earth? 

3 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I think this is very possible.  At this point, both of them may have spent too much of their lives in Maxhell and moving away is just going to be too difficult.  

I sometimes wonder the same thing about Jana. If she requires to stay close to home and that's why she's turned down some suitors. 

2 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

John and Chelsy have a wedding website on the knot. December 30 is also the day Matthias Wissmann is getting married.

Two hot guys getting hitched on the same day.

Getting married on the 30th is a perfect introduction for Chelsy’s new life in Maxhell as she will be spending the following evening wailing and crying for the unsaved in their annual New Year’s Eve party.

4 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

Two hot guys getting hitched on the same day.

Getting married on the 30th is a perfect introduction for Chelsy’s new life in Maxhell as she will be spending the following evening wailing and crying for the unsaved in their annual New Year’s Eve party.

Let's hope they leave immediately for their honeymoon and avoid the wailing. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let's hope they leave immediately for their honeymoon and avoid the wailing. 

I was just thinking of that. And how strategic it was to plan the wedding for the day before, so they could be on their way to their honeymoon......

I'll be very interested to see how Steve handles this "leak" blog-wise. Will he actually try to sweep it under the rug until Dec. 30th, or will we see an announcement from them in the next couple of days?

18 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I'll be very interested to see how Steve handles this "leak" blog-wise. Will he actually try to sweep it under the rug until Dec. 30th, or will we see an announcement from them in the next couple of days?

They have to say something. They will get an insane amount of comments asking about it if they just ignore it. Commenters on the Bontrager blogs are already saying they know both families and think the union is wonderful. So it's not like he can ignore it when everyone knows. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They have to say something. They will get an insane amount of comments asking about it if they just ignore it.

Oh, I totally agree. I just wouldn't put it past Steve to try to hide it again. Lol.

So. Is it safe to assume that Steve called the shots for Joe and Elyssa's engagement, to the point that even Elyssa's father bowed to his wishes?? I hope this announcement means that Mr. Bontranger (I have never read anything about the family) has no intention of letting that Maxwell man take charge of his daughter's wedding. 

If that blog post disappears, I am going to be livid. In the meantime, Steve must be in shock that there are people out there that don't bow to his will. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived