IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

But for real life, no one would think he wasn't attractive.

Sure they would. People have wildly different tastes!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2017 at 11:00 AM, habert said:

Josie’s makes her look ready to be a congressman’s wife 

I meant to say Josie’s dress :/

On 10/4/2017 at 10:45 PM, brusselsgriffon said:

It might be my imagination but I feel like Josie is always wearing something super classy and kinda expensive looking. And always something different. I love her style but like, how is she affording this wardrobe?!? UpTV money???

Kelton looks like he works in the Trump admin. In a bad way (not that that could be taken in a good way, except maybe by him). Josie, tori and carlins guys all give me that creepy, young republican vibe. 

It's not. I bought that burgundy dress from Amazon for like $20. It didn't fit me so I returned it. I love it tho. But my boobs are too big with a short waist, not cute. She looks awesome in it.

On 10/9/2017 at 6:09 PM, llg1234 said:

Trace's newest post is... something. Looks like he's been getting social media tips from Lawson. :my_biggrin:

I think he looks cute though :)

@Andrea, I feel the same way. But then again I love country music, "cowboy take me away" is one of my favorite songs and I'm single AF... ;-)

He's way too young though (and his horrific beliefs....)

On 10/4/2017 at 10:45 PM, brusselsgriffon said:

Kelton looks like he works in the Trump admin. In a bad way (not that that could be taken in a good way, except maybe by him). Josie, tori and carlins guys all give me that creepy, young republican vibe. 

Yeah, they all kinda give off that "MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS" vibe. I'm just glad that as fundies, they aren't allowed to drink, because they all have faces that scream "I killed someone while driving drunk and then Daddy made it as though it never happened".

I guess godly young men's Instagram accounts are a fundie version of Playgirl?

On 10/11/2017 at 3:12 PM, OyToTheVey said:

It's not. I bought that burgundy dress from Amazon for like $20. It didn't fit me so I returned it. I love it tho. But my boobs are too big with a short waist, not cute. She looks awesome in it.

In that case, nice find!! To me it looks like it'd be expensive, it's clearly a much nicer dress than the weird flower/stripe thing that all the Duggar girls got from Amazon 

My mom's side is from SoDak. The Black Hills are beautiful, even though Mt Rushmore is smaller than you expect. I highly recommend you go to Crazy Horse during the biannual Volksmarch weekends. It's busy but the views are great!

Isaiah turned 13 years old today. I'd say more, but the only thing I remember about him is Kelly comparing him to Eeyore once (and I'm not even 100% sure if it was him or another middle boy). 

He seems to be the quite type, which must be hard in house full of chatterboxes, and I think he is really a cute teenage boy. I hope he isn't as lost as the younger Duggar girls!

20 minutes ago, albireo said:

Wow, he and Lawson look so much alike.

That seems to be a pattern with this family! There are one or two little/middle ones that really resemble an older one. 

they do kind of have patterns of siblings that look alike! i think of they boys, Isaiah is the one that looks most like Kelly, though. He looks like a fuller-faced Lawson.

Lawson and Michaella have the exact same face, it's eerie, and Jackson and Jud also look a good bit like Lawson. Ellie looks quite a bit like Michaella as well. Trace is a slimmer version of Zach and I'm thinking Jeb will follow along in their "group". Addee is mini-Tori. Callie is mini-Erin with Nathan's exact face (the smile, the dimples, the jaw, the pointy chin, the ears...!). Warden's got that same smile too. Alyssa, Carlin, and Katie have the same full-lipped smile. Josie is probably the most "unique" amongst her sibs, the most mixed combination of features. all in all Gil and KJ make some pretty kids, haha. 

The Bates do have good looking children, for sure.  I actually think Erin and Nathan look alike. I don't see the Michaella, Lawson thing.  I can't figure out who Carlin looks like. 

Carlin and Alyssa look alike. You could really see it when Alyssa dyed her hair brown. To me they both actually look a lot like Kelly. It's funny because people always say Erin is Kelly's twin but it's harder to see a resemblance between Erin, Alyssa, and Carlin, even though IMO, they all take after their mom. Maybe it's just because Carlin and Alyssa are more petite and Erin is super fair.

ETA: I think you can really see Carlin's resemblance to Kelly in this first picture. (Spoiler because the caption is really long.)

Spoiler

I was scrolling through Instagram (for comparison purposes on another thread) when I came across the birthday message from Kelly and Gil to Whitney again. Did it bug anyone else that they failed to mention her new job in the post? I checked and Whitney announced her job the day prior, so it’s not like it was still a secret at that point.  

I’m probably way overthinking it, but it bothers me a little bit. It sounds like Whitney worked really hard to become a Realtor and that she was pretty excited about starting a new job. Kelly wrote a lovely birthday message, but it just seems weird they didn’t take a second to add in a congratulations for her hard work.

(Feel free to smack me upside the head if I’m honestly reading too much into this. :pb_lol:)

I don't think that you are. Kelly normally promotes everyone, so why wouldn't she brag that Whitney was now a realtor? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived