IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Season 7 will premiere on January 4, 2018. It'll be a long season, 26 episodes. We'll see new relationships, careers, homes, possible babies and a wedding.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/life/family/2017/09/28/bringing-up-bates-renewed-new-season-premiere-january/711853001/

I didn't see the part about homes in the article. But I did see "job changes"-- I wonder what that is?  I wouldn't describe Whitney becoming a realtor as a "job change", since she was a SAHM before.

"Possible babies" is interesting-- I guess they know that the odds are that someone will be pregnant by spring. And if not, they covered it by just saying "possible"

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I didn't see the part about homes in the article. But I did see "job changes"-- I wonder what that is?  I wouldn't describe Whitney becoming a realtor as a "job change", since she was a SAHM before.

"Possible babies" is interesting-- I guess they know that the odds are that someone will be pregnant by spring. And if not, they covered it by just saying "possible"

The article I read said Michael and Brandon are moving into a new home.  Was that Knox news post edited? The Bates family blog has more info:  http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2017/09/bringing-up-bates-season-7-announced.html

The new season will be long. Scripted shows don't have that many episodes. 

I think 26 episodes is a good move on their part.  Then they can show the wedding planning and wedding in order and it also allows for any other development to happen (pregnancies, new courtships, etc) to be able to be filmed and shown.  Unlike the Duggars who end up with wedding episodes strewn across 3 seasons. 

Also, while the Knox article said possible new babies, the blog said "possible surprises",  but didn't specifically said babies.  It also mentioned a new opportunity for Chad in addition to Whitney working as a real estate agent.  

Oh, and did anyone watch last night? They didn't show the engagement but recapped everything else.  And I figured out why the BoRi courtship proposal was so boring.  It was completely anti-climactic.  Bobby arranged this wildly decorated trip down memory lane for Tori to find when she got to Florida but then didn't actually ask her to court for a couple more days.  Between that and talking about getting married from the moment they met asking her to court was completely anticlimactic.  

On 9/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like I say this too much on FJ but I think that many people (fundies included) have larger gaps in between child 2 and 3 compared to the gap between child 1 and 2. Having one child is not that difficult. You can give the kid your undivided attention and then hand him off to daddy when he comes home so you can get a break. Having one is tiring but it's often not completely exhausting. Having more than one kids IS exhausting. So that leaves less time and energy for sweet fellowship. I can pretty much guarantee Alyssa, Whit, and Erin will all have larger gaps with the next. Maybe not huge gaps, but still wider gaps. Especially Erin. Her first two are so close in age. 

Yes, but not necessarily. My mother had six children and all of us are no more than two years apart. And for a brief time she did do work. Now imagine a fundie woman, at home all day. Of course she's much more available. Why SHOULD her gaps be larger?

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Yes, but not necessarily. My mother had six children and all of us are no more than two years apart. And for a brief time she did do work. Now imagine a fundie woman, at home all day. Of course she's much more available. Why SHOULD her gaps be larger?

Well we have already seen it happen with a few fundies. Anna Duggar, Priscilla Waller, Erin Bates to name a few. 

I like Josie's whole look. She graduates after this semester, right? I wouldn't be surprised if she beats Carlin down the aisle.

Another picture of her and the Joker under the spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, llg1234 said:
I like Josie's whole look. She graduates after this semester, right? I wouldn't be surprised if she beats Carlin down the aisle.

I could definitely see Josie getting married more than Carlin. But then, Josie just turned 18 in August. She may follow in Alyssa's footsteps and want to wait until she's 19 to marry. On the flip side, I can't see Carlin wanting to court for much longer than her siblings did. Only time will tell!

I really like Katie's style. She's one of the few fundies who understand that having a visible waist is a much better, less frumpy look. Her outfits (since she found her style) have never screamed "modest" to me, even though she never wears anything that doesn't fit their clothing standards.

Carlin will do whatever gives Carlin the spotlight.  I think Carlin would be married now (In front of Tori) if Gil would allow it. 

I'm gonna be completely shallow and say something so excuse me but... Kelton is so unfortunate looking and Josie is the prettiest Bates girl. At least I hope he treats her well... don't insult me y'all lol

7 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm gonna be completely shallow and say something so excuse me but... Kelton is so unfortunate looking and Josie is the prettiest Bates girl. At least I hope he treats her well... don't insult me y'all lol

I'm gonna be completely shallow now too and have to say, that I find that Kelton is definitely better looking than Josie. IMHO she looks nice, but I find her waaaay to tiny and I think a lot of her sisters are prettier than she is (Katie, Carlin - although she's a real brat -, Tori) and I'm pretty sure that Addie and Ellie are going to look gorgeous when they grow up. You can already tell that they are really really beautiful. 

I agree with you - I hope he treats her well and that they'll be happy.

And I find it quite funny how different personal taste can be.

I like it too see how different out taste can be. I have to day i don't find any of the 3 new inbates particullary actractive maybe they are still too young for my taste. I like Chad and appreciate Zach and John...

I like Josie's hair. Did she cut off a few inches lately? I prefer her length to the extremely long fundie hair that has been popular. I wish Jinger would cut off a few inches. 

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

I like it too see how different out taste can be. I have to day i don't find any of the 3 new inbates particullary actractive maybe they are still too young for my taste. I like Chad and appreciate Zach and John...

I agree, I don't find them good looking. Chad is cute and so is Zach.

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm gonna be completely shallow now too and have to say, that I find that Kelton is definitely better looking than Josie. IMHO she looks nice, but I find her waaaay to tiny and I think a lot of her sisters are prettier than she is (Katie, Carlin - although she's a real brat -, Tori) and I'm pretty sure that Addie and Ellie are going to look gorgeous when they grow up. You can already tell that they are really really beautiful. 

I agree with you - I hope he treats her well and that they'll be happy.

And I find it quite funny how different personal taste can be.

It's interesting! Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, I don't find Carlin to be pretty, Tori and Katie are just beautiful. 

Will Josie have to do any sort of internship/apprenticeship before she's licensed? I don't know the Tenn cosmetology regulations.

I think all the Bates girls are really pretty. It's amazing how one set of parents made such pretty kids that all look so unique. I never have any problems telling them apart (unlike the Duggars). On my second shallow note, I second the comment that Kelton isn't great looking, especially compared to Josie. I kind of expected her to go the John route (in terms of looks). 

I have a dress just like Josie's in that picture. Except I wear mine as a work dress. She won't get that opportunity :( also, wowza on the heels! 

On 10/1/2017 at 4:25 PM, llg1234 said:

Another picture of her and the Joker under the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

It might be my imagination but I feel like Josie is always wearing something super classy and kinda expensive looking. And always something different. I love her style but like, how is she affording this wardrobe?!? UpTV money???

On 10/2/2017 at 8:46 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Kelton looks like he works in the Trump admin. In a bad way (not that that could be taken in a good way, except maybe by him). Josie, tori and carlins guys all give me that creepy, young republican vibe. 

8 hours ago, brusselsgriffon said:

Kelton looks like he works in the Trump admin. In a bad way (not that that could be taken in a good way, except maybe by him). Josie, tori and carlins guys all give me that creepy, young republican vibe. 

Oh man, you're right. Stick those goofy red ball caps on their heads and dress them in white polo shirts, and they're dead ringers for some 'very fine people'.

You know, for a moment I felt bad saying that, but then I remembered what these jackasses actually believe, and what they're trying to legislate, and who they probably voted for (if they were old enough to vote? lol). 

On 10/3/2017 at 11:04 AM, HereticHick said:

Will Josie have to do any sort of internship/apprenticeship before she's licensed? I don't know the Tenn cosmetology regulations.

I don’t think most places have any sort of formal on site training requirement before licensure because you have to have a certain number of hours doing hair before you can receive your certificate for cosmetology. 

However whatever salon she goes to could put her on a sort of “probationary” period, so to speak. Usually people are charged less for “new talent” (as my salon calls it) to do their hair for them and after a certain amount of time or build of client base the stylist is brought on as part of the team. 

You are one of the most thoughtful people, whether you’re helping babysit or volunteering to help a sibling. 

Now that's a wide range of thought-provoking activities!

I think if we were just to meet him--like in normal circumstances and not see him in a television way--we would think he was handsome. I think he's not TV ready.  But for real life, no one would think he wasn't attractive.  I actually think that Alyssa is the prettiest Bates girl.  Josie is gorgeous, no doubt. But the Bates really did hit the jackpot in the genes department. They're all good looking. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived