IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

I think they are going to shock us with a Carlin/Evan engagement. If anyone is pregnant I think it will be Michael or Erin. Alyssa seemed pretty sure about not having a third right now and was excited that life was finally getting easier at the grocery store now that Lexi can fit in the cart with Allie. Also for no logical reason at all, I think Zach and Whitney are done having children. Just a feeling not based on any evidence or anything. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I think they are going to shock us with a Carlin/Evan engagement.

You could certainly be right! They do seem to be moving rather fast these days and it would warrant a bit more of a shock than Tori and Bobby's engagement. I'm still sticking with a Tobby engagement for now though, just because it seems the most obvious. 

I think it'll just be a Carlin & Evan courtship. Nothing too crazy. Maybe it'll be a double whammy with the courtship of Carlin & Evan and engagement of Tori and Bobby. Though it'd be way more fun if it turns out that carlin & Evan skipped right to engagement.

I don't think any of them are pregnant, with Alyssa's post about life getting easier, and Whitney's job I don't see a pregnancy announcement coming. Unless Cherin have something up their sleeves. I really don't think it's a Michael pregnancy.

My guesses. From most likely to least likely:

1. BoRi is engaged.

2. Announcement is something we already know about - like Lawson's single on country radio or Whit's new job. 

3. Someone is pregnant. My money is on Erin or Whit.

4. CarVan is doing something. Either officially courting or engaged.

5. A different courtship is announced.

6. Someone (likely Zach) is running for offfice.

7. Something about Lawson and music. 

8. Alyssa is pregnant.

9. Michael is pregnant/adopting.

10. Kelly's womb has miraculously been opened and she's 24 weeks pregnant with triplets.

11. Nathan rescued a beautiful black woman from the Harvey floods, they've quietly married, and are announcing they intend to leave the show in order to become missionaries in the Philippines... and their first pregnancy.

12. Kelly volunteers to be a surrogate for the Keilens and is 24 weeks pregnant.

13. Gil has had a change of heart, has quit the IBLP Board, and is taking responsibility for his role in concealing sexual abuse. 

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

13. Gil has had a change of heart, has quit the IBLP Board, and is taking responsibility for his role in concealing sexual abuse

LOL I want some of what you're smoking!!

Seriously though, I pretty much agree with your list, although I'll also throw in- double engagement of BoRi and CarVan.

Edit: I had originally also included "double wedding" but I don't think any of them are the type to share their big day, so scratch that.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

LOL I want some of what you're smoking!!

Seriously though, I pretty much agree with your list, although I'll also throw in- double engagement of BoRi and CarVan.

Lol! I listed that one dead last for a reason. I honestly think Kelly will miraculously birth full-term, healthy triplets before Gil even stops to consider he may have fucked up.

I wouldn't put it past them with a "Nathan is really married" announcement.  Erin made that comment "he's going to come back married." They featured him a ton and when he wasn't featured, he was missing. 

Carlin/Evan courting and Tori/Bobby engaged are basically expected, so would a Josie/Kelton courtship. Those wouldn't be "big news" I think it's a pregnancy. However, this could be a publicity stunt to boost ratings for "Small Town Big Mayor". If that's the case, then it could be courtship, engagement, or a pregnancy (or a combination ).

Is the announcement supposed to be during the Mayor show or after the Bates show or what?  I'm tempted to watch in real time. 

42 minutes ago, JMO said:

Is the announcement supposed to be during the Mayor show or after the Bates show or what?  I'm tempted to watch in real time. 

During commercials of small town big mayor. The bub season ended last Thursday. They are doing a Facebook live at 10 et I think, so I'd recommend watching that instead of that other show. Saw a commercial and it looked really bad lol

14 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I wouldn't put it past them with a "Nathan is really married" announcement.  Erin made that comment "he's going to come back married." They featured him a ton and when he wasn't featured, he was missing. 

I can't picture Nathan wanting to get married without his parents and siblings there. He seems very family-oriented. Also what kind of fundie girl would want to get married without being surrounded 1200 of her closest friends? :my_rolleyes:

I could see him being secretly engaged but not married. 

30 minutes ago, ven said:

Really important Facebook live coming up !! Any hints on what it might be ?? 

It's directly after the announcement in the mayor show that's on tonight.

This is why we're guessing/hoping it's more exciting than "Lawson has a new song!" 

So today they're announcing whatever it is and next week the special will go into details about it?

My best guess is that Tori and Bobby are engaged and that they'll show the proposal in the special next week. If there's multiple announcements, it could be anything. A Carlin and Evan courtship or engagement wouldn't be too surprising. Josie and Kelton are still too new to be of much interest. They'll want to show them togheter for a while before a courtship is announced and there's no way they're engaged. If it's a pregnancy, I think Michaela will be the most anticipated. If it's one if the other couples, it wouldn't be that interesting because they already have 2 kids each. If it is one of them though, my guess is Whitney. Alyssa doesn't seem in any hurry to have another and Erin is probably cautious given her medical issues.

If this announcement isn't Michaela's or Kelly is pregnant I'll be disappointed.

That mega family from the UK just had their 20th child this week, so I would laugh so hard right now if Kelly was getting the golden number 20.

Kelly as Michaela's surrogate is also an acceptable scenario.

Anything else is just a bit unexciting for me right now! (Unless someone eloped but that's not likely)

I highly doubt Kelly is pregnant. She is 50 years old and even if she did conceive she would most likely not be able to carry to term. Also how awful would it before Kelly to be bragging about being pregnant when her 27 year old daughter can't get pregnant. The only positive thing about that unlikely situation is to see Michelle Duggar go balistic. 

19 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I highly doubt Kelly is pregnant. She is 50 years old and even if she did conceive she would most likely not be able to carry to term. Also how awful would it before Kelly to be bragging about being pregnant when her 27 year old daughter can't get pregnant. The only positive thing about that unlikely situation is to see Michelle Duggar go balistic. 

Pretty sure everyone was joking about Kelly being pregnant again. I know I was. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived