IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

I Honestly would not want to uproot myself and very young children, separate from the family and friends we know best to Live half way across the country as a guest for an indeterminate amount of time in someone else's house and be right in the middle of her brothers dying probably toxic marriage at that. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, all this focus on purity and Jesus picking your perfect spouse has REALLY gone sideways for the Kellers, eh?  That's one bad track record for marriages.  You know standards are looooooow when Mr. Pecan TFDW looks like the perfect husband by comparison.  

On 6/21/2017 at 1:52 PM, HereticHick said:

Has TFDW posted about this? It looks like an former Alert Academy employee died in childbirth last week:

Since English isn't my first language and I might not get it, but does the article say whether it was a home birth or a hospital birth?

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Since English isn't my first language and I might not get it, but does the article say whether it was a home birth or a hospital birth?

It doesn't and I wondered the same thing.

8 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Wow, all this focus on purity and Jesus picking your perfect spouse has REALLY gone sideways for the Kellers, eh?  That's one bad track record for marriages.  You know standards are looooooow when Mr. Pecan TFDW looks like the perfect husband by comparison.  

If you look at stats, they will tell you that children who have divorced parents are more likely to divorce as adults. Which makes sense. However the Kellers are still married. So how do they have so many children with divorce and difficult marriages? My opinion is the cult teachings set their kids up for failure. 

Yes, I think the cult teachings do set the kids up for failure.

Courtship isn't a very good way to get to know someone. You cant really judge whether youre compatible with someone until you've been alone with them, and once you do get to be alone with them, youre already married and cannot back out. Also, short periods of time between courting, engagement and marriage are seen as normal, especially amongst young people who haven't got the experience to work out what they want in life, especially with their poor teachings on relationships. Some couples are also clearly thinking with their genitals as they race down the aisle. Its just not a long enough time to realise whether its love, just a crush, or just being horny, and theyre not taught the difference.

Also the idea that you have babies straight away, and as many as can possibly happen also sets people up for failure. They don't get to enjoy much married life, and the spark soon leaves when youve got four kids under five and haven't slept in weeks, especially as they aren't compatible enough from the start.

The teachings on relationship and poor role models of relationships set them up for failure too. It gives people such high expectations of what married life and their future partners should be like, and what sex should be like, that no human can match up to those specifications, fundamentalism is like that, it doesn't allow people to be human. It also idealises bad personality traits that can ruin a relationship. Men are taught to be selfish, bossy and demanding, and they are also saturated in rape culture, even more so than regular men. Theyre taught that they are entitled to sex and that it is okay to have power over someone's body, which means that men are encouraged to be abusive, or at the very least, selfish, and women are taught to just accept this.

Theyre also beaten from an early age into not expressing feelings and keeping sweet, instead of talking through their difficult feelings, which isn't healthy in a relationship.

Also all relationships they know are like this, due to not being out in the world.

@marmalade Thanks for posting that video. I love Davia. She looks like "I don't know these people" throughout the video. Plus, her big yawn when Priss was going on and on was great. I thought it was interesting that TFDW was saying that it's important to unplug. Um, you're saying that while recording a video.

26 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I thought it was interesting that TFDW was saying that it's important to unplug. Um, you're saying that while recording a video.

There's probably only so long he can go before he needs to spout.

And why did they need to travel to Oklahoma to sit by a campfire, sing hymns, and sleep in a tent - is there a new Chik-Fil-A opening nearby?

On 6/26/2017 at 1:08 AM, marmalade said:

Video with no purpose.

Yeah, nothing like a road trip with three little kids. Maybe they were headed to the Ouchita Mtns. 

OMG! Pris has perfected the fundy version of valley-girl speak! 

I actually like that they went camping, swimming, had a campfire, slept in a tent for a week!   It's sweet that they are singing hymns and reading the Bible with their kids around a campfire.   However, the truly toxic Gothard crap is probably just starting to surface. 

Awesome that they tag teaming with each other so one partner gets to sleep in and that David is interested in playing with his kids.  I cannot imagine, for example, John Shrader getting up early and tending to his bazillion spawn just so Ester can sleep in. 

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I actually like that they went camping, swimming, had a campfire, slept in a tent for a week!   It's sweet that they are singing hymns and reading the Bible with their kids around a campfire.   However, the truly toxic Gothard crap is probably just starting to surface. 

Awesome that they tag teaming with each other so one partner gets to sleep in and that David is interested in playing with his kids.  I cannot imagine, for example, John Shrader getting up early and tending to his bazillion spawn just so Ester can sleep in. 

I will never get over the fact that David is actually one of the better husbands in the Keller family. I believe he will completely screw with his children's heads and cause some real damage but damn! Esther has it much worse. Pregnant with 11?!?! With Cil'sbaby spacing, she may not ever make it to double digits. 

On 6/19/2017 at 3:36 PM, 16strong said:

the guys in the matching red and black shirt are the two youngest Keller sons (don't remember their names, but they're unmarried, afaik).

Paging Steve Maxwell: Godly headships for your daughters; Get 'em while they're hot!

On 6/22/2017 at 10:51 PM, ophelia said:

It probably doesn't matter. We're talking about Texas, which has the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world, higher than many developing countries, even. It's all about saving the babies, to hell with their incubators.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-health-clinics-funding

On 6/28/2017 at 5:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

With Cil'sbaby spacing, she may not ever make it to double digits. 

That is definitely a good thing and David Waller would never live in a pop up camper! :P 

David may be a bit of an odd duck, but we've never heard him whinging about headaches, lazing around, having no house, and praying for an airplane (cough, cough SHRADER). 

Priscilla has a beautiful home that David appears to have worked hard to build.  She has a husband who appears to be involved with his children.  As low as these standards seem to the rest of the normal world, she has it better than most fundie gals.  I often wonder whether Esther or Anna are envious, given their own disgusting husbands. 

My sense is that they really do love and like each other and enjoy their children, in spite of the Gothard crazy. 

I somehow missed that Phillip was 8 months old a week ago :P He's super cute though and he has some crazy hair. 

David and Priscilla do make beautiful children. 

Lets hope Rufus sends them just one more then family complete. Three is an awkward number. 

Their pregnancy announcements are interesting for sure. I was struck by how Priscilla writes the announcement in some form of a note. I wonder what that's about.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

David and Priscilla do make beautiful children. 

Lets hope Rufus sends them just one more then family complete. Three is an awkward number. 

This is so very odd.  Why is three children an awkward number? 

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

This is so very odd.  Why is three children an awkward number? 

I'm one of three. My middle sibling had a rotten childhood.  Completely forgotten and overlooked. I always said we would have two or four, even numbers to try and prevent any middle child issues.

@Gobsmacked--My mum is youngest of 3. She always wanted 4 kids. (For which I'm thankful as the youngest.) My husband is the middle of 3. He always wanted 2 kids. I once told someone we wanted 2 or 3 kids and he quickly got very animated. "Wait, what? We always said 2 kids!" I explained that I was just including the possibility of a "surprise" third child. He calmed down very quickly. :my_biggrin: 

I know some families can be happy with 3 kids, but the adults I know who grew up as one of 3 don't recommend it.  

I grew up both as one of three (triplets) and one of five (I have four siblings total). The consequence? Three is my favourite number and I love the idea of having three or five children myself! I find the idea of having four children a bit odd, and though Mr Triplet is one of only two siblings, two children doesn't seem like enough. My sister who is the middle sibling (of the three and the five) had no issues with it whatsoever. I think 'middle child syndrome' only happens if parents let it happen, whether deliberately or unintentionally. 

@Triplet3--My sister has 5 kids. She says that if any of them fit the "middle child" stereotype, it's child #4. Family dynamics can be complex.

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I know some families can be happy with 3 kids, but the adults I know who grew up as one of 3 don't recommend it.  

I'm the middle one of three and I'm happy with it. But, to be honest, I never really felt like my "birth order", because my older sister is just over a year older, so I didn't much feel like the "baby", and my younger sister is over 10 years younger, so I never felt like the "middle child" either. I feel like I have no birth order at all. But I am very happy with my two awesome sisters.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived