IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I have no opinion on the cabinets, but am impressed by the overall job.  David does seem to have some planning skills and a solid work ethic.  Some of our favorite fundie family men could probably learn something from him.

Sorry if I sound like a Waller groupie.

You don't! I think it's easy to be impressed by David Waller and company when people like the Duggars, Bates, Rodrigii, and Nauglers do sweet shit all. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

You don't! I think it's easy to be impressed by David Waller and company when people like the Duggars, Bates, Rodrigii, and Nauglers do sweet shit all. 

Well, the Nauglers have actually done a lot of shit....

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Well, the Nauglers have actually done a lot of shit....

I just shuddered. :puke-huge:The Wallers are clean and have an actual house, where they did the work themselves. That's pretty uncommon. 

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm now imagining the Nauglers meeting the Wallers.  Don't think it would go very well.

Ohhhh my goddd. The Look on Davey's face! :mindblowing::cracking-up:

Just coming to post this, but I see you all are way ahead of me, of course: http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2017/05/16/house-make-over/.

Man, I gotta be honest, I'm constantly impressed with how these fundies are able to manage their money and do all this renovation work. Dare I say it's like the only thing I applaud them for?

The Wallers are back on instagram, no #familyfun but they were as a conference! :) 

They've done a great job, it was a huge undertaking. Renovating an old house isn't easy. The prayer closet made me laugh, I thought it was a joke term!!! I had no idea they were a real thing (and I grew up semi fundie). 

So glad to see Davia smiling and Pris is starting to make that transition from girlish to matronly these days.  I do salute them for creating a lovely home from a wreck of a house. Sweat equity is just that -- it's very, very hard work.  

Had to laugh the other day when I came across an article about Texas laws on pecan thrashing: 

"C.S.H.B. 1551 amends the Government Code to remove the county jail confinement punishment for a thrashing pecans offense."

Thrashing pecans refers to throwing things up into pecan trees or using sticks to get the trees to drop pecans.  You can't do it on public property in Texas, although gathering pecans that have fallen on public property is perfectly legit.  

I'm guessing the Pecan Thief was gathering pecans on private property?  He best not do that in Texas! 

23 hours ago, Howl said:

Pris is starting to make that transition from girlish to matronly these days.

Ugh.  No woman should aim for "matronly."   a married woman, especially a dignified and sober middle-aged one.

I do have to admit the the aggressively gender specific  clothes for the kids is a little annoying.  Seriously, a button down shirt for an infant? Any infant?

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I do have to admit the the aggressively gender specific  clothes for the kids is a little annoying.  Seriously, a button down shirt for an infant? Any infant?

Yeah. I'm showing my oldness here, but the kinds of footie rompers I used to put on my infant when we went out in public are now derided as "pajamas" not meant to be worn outside the house. Call me a nut, but I think teeny people are more comfy in something soft and knitted than in miniature chinos, Oxford shirts, cardigans, frilly dresses, leather shoes (when they can't even crawl yet), etc.

Carters and some other companies make a lovely line of soft cotton knit pants and onesies that seem very comfortable for little ones.

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Carters and some other companies make a lovely line of soft cotton knit pants and onesies that seem very comfortable for little ones.

And I love things like those for itty-bitties!

On 26/05/2017 at 10:10 PM, Carm_88 said:

The Wallers are back on instagram, no #familyfun but they were as a conference!  

Phillip looks EXACTLY like Davia did at that age. Seriously, it's the exact same grin.

Phillip is cute, but I can't help but think I'd find him cuter if I'd never seen Priscilla's father, which isn't fair but I can't help it. He just looks so much like him (except cute, while Pa Keller looks like a particularly dim-witted oaf). Davia does look a lot like him too but her awesome facial expressions more than make up for the resemblance.

Wonder if/when David will run for political office?  He and the Mrs. (she's nailed the adoring look!) look tailor-made for politics in the pic.  So blond, so white, so clean cut and wholesome and he can rock a suit. 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2017-06-04 at 7.11.28 AM.png

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Wonder if/when David will run for political office?  He and the Mrs. (she's nailed the adoring look!) look tailor-made for politics in the pic.  So blond, so white, so clean cut and wholesome and he can rock a suit. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2017-06-04 at 7.11.28 AM.png

David could be everything Josh Duggar wanted to be

1 hour ago, Howl said:

If it weren't for his uber right wing philosophy, he could be good at it. He seems like a hard worker and he does have the looks. I just shudder to think of what it would mean for his constituents (and, frankly, the rest of the US) who were not straight white male Christians. Hopefully he doesn't have political ambitions. It's better he stay in ATI-world.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I get when people say, "you are in my thoughts and prayers." I just don't understand the asking part. Are people going to say no? I highly doubt it. I may be agnostic but if someone says I am in their thoughts and prayers, I'm not going to say, "don't you dare!" It really doesn't affect me personally if someone is thinking and praying about me. 

I've said "no." 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Cue Josh eating his feelings even more if Davey goes into politics! 

Did Josh ever want to be anything, or was he in the right place, at the right time, from the right family on the right TV show?  Josh doesn't exhibit high energy about anything. 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

He's basically the Emma Stone to Josh's Lindsay Lohan.

He used to like being the oldest and the golden boy and the face of the duggar kids. He's apathetic now because he's no longer the golden boy and most of the things which were handed to him have been taken away (most as he still has Anna and he's getting enough money that his kids aren't impoverished).

Plus he's probably doing some form of menial stuff he's been raised to think he shouldn't have to do.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived