IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

Some thoughts I have on Rebekah....

1) That seems kind of fast for a post divorce marriage. Although even former fundies or fundie lites (whatever we are calling Rebekah) probably still have fast engagements. 

2) I am surprised by his age. It's pretty likely he is her father's age. I've always dated older men but 33 years is a huge gap. In 10 years when she still young and able bodied in her early 40s, she will most likely have to care for him quite a bit. The gap may not seem like a lot to her now, but it will in 10 years.

3) I wouldn't be surprised if he had grown children around Rebekah's age. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happened to Daniel and Candace Keller? I know Rebekah got divorced and Susanna is with someone and is living her own life. Anna, Priscilla, and Esther are still fundie. Daniel and his wife had a son named Brighton. I know I once found a Facebook page with a few photos of him and his son (and no Candace), a page that was separate from his other FB page.

On 5.6.2017 at 8:01 PM, Howl said:

Jeeze Louise, for a minute there I thought Pris was wearing culottes!  But no, just some funky sanded denim.  I must say through, in some circles, that skirt might be considered defraudingly short!  And showing so much arm! 

But I gotta tell ya, they live in North Texas, where the summer means hot and humid.  I hope their house remodeling includes a powerful central AC system. 

It probably takes a lot for a woman to defraud David so he doesn't notice it .

Davia's face is amazing as always. I imagine her thinking "How was I born into this family?" 

Is Suze's fiance the guy to her left or is that a Keller? 

Davia expresses what we all feel. Shine on, you crazy little diamond.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Is Suze's fiance the guy to her left or is that a Keller? 

Davia expresses what we all feel. Shine on, you crazy little diamond.

That is a little Keller brother. Suz's fiance and his child didn't attend. Just Suz and her daughter went. 

First time poster, long time lurker. I grew up not far from Big Sandy & not sure if it's been mentioned but, the ATI campus there was originally a seventh day advenist college. I found that funny considering. As far as ALERT serving & helping that's a load. Older folks wonder off from assisted living facilities all the time around there & ive never heard of ALERT going out to search & rescue. 

1 hour ago, Doubleamp said:

First time poster, long time lurker. I grew up not far from Big Sandy & not sure if it's been mentioned but, the ATI campus there was originally a seventh day advenist college. I found that funny considering. As far as ALERT serving & helping that's a load. Older folks wonder off from assisted living facilities all the time around there & ive never heard of ALERT going out to search & rescue. 

Actually, I believe it was a Church of God College, not 7th Day Adventist, called Ambassador:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassador_College#Big_Sandy.2C_TX_campus_.281964-1977.2C_1981-1997.29

I've always assumed that ALERT did a piss-poor job of emergency assistance-- you see so little local media coverage of their activities.

Yet another photo in which I don't recognize Josh.  I'm surprised that he didn't take off his cap. And lose the facial hair. 

3 hours ago, Doubleamp said:

As far as ALERT serving & helping that's a load. Older folks wonder off from assisted living facilities all the time around there & ive never heard of ALERT going out to search & rescue. 

It's probably too hard to try to convert the disoriented, and would they even be allowed to touch the women?

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It's probably too hard to try to convert the disoriented, and would they even be allowed to touch the women?

I've been trying to gradually introduce two female cats to one another the last two weeks so maybe I'm just punchy, but I spit out my water reading your response. Touché! 

As the daughter of an Italian woman, my mom would FLIP if we all did that to her unannounced. I can hear her now "what will I feed you all? I have to get to the grocery store NOW!" She'd be honestly more stressed out than surprised lol 

On 6/7/2017 at 10:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

1) That seems kind of fast for a post divorce marriage. Although even former fundies or fundie lites (whatever we are calling Rebekah) probably still have fast engagements. 

2) I am surprised by his age. It's pretty likely he is her father's age. I've always dated older men but 33 years is a huge gap. In 10 years when she still young and able bodied in her early 40s, she will most likely have to care for him quite a bit. The gap may not seem like a lot to her now, but it will in 10 years.

3) I wouldn't be surprised if he had grown children around Rebekah's age. 

Literally just about to post this! Also her fiancée has to be loaded. That's a private plane, no Duggar aviation crap either. I wonder what he does or judging by his age, did for a living.

58 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Literally just about to post this! Also her fiancée has to be loaded. That's a private plane, no Duggar aviation crap either. I wonder what he does or judging by his age, did for a living.

Well if he's that loaded I suppose he can afford a nurse to come help him when he gets old and Rebekah is still young and full of energy. Hey at least we know she won't have a bunch of kids with him!

7 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

As the daughter of an Italian woman, my mom would FLIP if we all did that to her unannounced. I can hear her now "what will I feed you all? I have to get to the grocery store NOW!" She'd be honestly more stressed out than surprised lol 

My thought too! My Mom would be more stressed than happy, but then again my sister and I typically take pause and assess the potential feelings of others before doing something like that. 

That video reminded me of footage from Jonestown, all the cult members and their crotch fruit walking as a group through the tropical brush to a trailer. It was spooky. And don't get me started on Joshy trying to be funny...

On 6/7/2017 at 9:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

2) I am surprised by his age. It's pretty likely he is her father's age...In 10 years when she still young and able bodied in her early 40s, she will most likely have to care for him quite a bit. The gap may not seem like a lot to her now, but it will in 10 years.

Yeah, and if they start having kids right away, she could be raising teenagers while caring for him in his dotage.  Keep in mind, though, that a healthy active man in his 60s will probably still be going strong through his 70s.   For example, my 72-year-old DH just knocked out a 50-mile bike ride this morning.  He'll take a recovery nap this afternoon by falling asleep in his chair while watching a car race or Blue Bloods reruns, but he'll do two or three more 30 or 40 mile road rides and a mountain bike during the rest of the week.  But yes, 33 years is a YUUUUUGE gap in age, which will become painfully evident as time passes. 

If he does have kids her age, a big concern would be related to inheritance.  If there's a lot of $$$ involved, she could potentially be cutting his kids  out of an inheritance.  There's potential for some very bad feelings. 

LOL David, "one of the biggest surprises of their life!"

Hardly, but let's go along with ole Davey and ignore that several of Keller kids left the cult, one had a baby out of wedlock... divorce! Molesting! Cheating! John Shrader! And much, much more!

18 hours ago, Howl said:

Yeah, and if they start having kids right away, she could be raising teenagers while caring for him in his dotage.  Keep in mind, though, that a healthy active man in his 60s will probably still be going strong through his 70s.   

Highly doubt that Rebekah wants more children. She is divorced and the fundie lite one. Her husband was the one who wrote blog posts discussing how they no longer aligned with gothard and ati. I actually liked her especially when she took suze in after she became a harlot and allowed her to be herself. 

On 6/9/2017 at 10:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well if he's that loaded I suppose he can afford a nurse to come help him when he gets old and Rebekah is still young and full of energy. Hey at least we know she won't have a bunch of kids with him!

Dream on.  It's the last thing to go with some guys and especially a guy that's marrying a woman who is 33 years younger.  Hopefully, he got his tube tied, because most guys in their 60s are not into raising a second (or third) family. 

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

Dream on.  It's the last thing to go with some guys and especially a guy that's marrying a woman who is 33 years younger.  Hopefully, he got his tube tied, because most guys in their 60s are not into raising a second (or third) family. 

I'm going with what we know. She only had two children with her first husband. Even though they both started out Fundie and we're young. We also know that although men can always produce sperm, their potency goes down over the years. So his sperm may be fewer and slower now that he's in his 60s. So I'm going to make a fairly certain assumption that she won't pop out a bunch of kids with this guy. One or two? Possibly. 8 or 10? No way. 

On 11.06.2017 at 3:20 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

LOL David, "one of the biggest surprises of their life!"

Hardly, but let's go along with ole Davey and ignore that several of Keller kids left the cult, one had a baby out of wedlock... divorce! Molesting! Cheating! John Shrader! And much, much more!

It proves how twisted their world to load all of that into one "humble and devoted" family.

I really like the video and the surprise for Ma Keller. She seemed to be overwhelmed.

The Kellers are really interesting to me since three children totally left fundiedom, got divorces and pregnant out of wedlock and still it seems that they get along well with each other and enjoy each others company. Although I have to admit that seeing Josh there, especially with Anna's non-fundie brother being there, felt awkward and I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Keller home.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived