IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

Even though I knew this was what Joy was destined for if she didn't make a run for it, it still breaks my heart to see all those cooking/kitchen ware items on a registry that may well be Joy's and Austin's (with a fake date). I think of Joy as being so young (which she is), and the registry in part proves that because many people already have the basics when they are getting married (they've lived together or worked and acquired the "needs" already), but this shows how she is really starting from nothing. I wasn't sad when any of the other girls got married, but I just want Joy running around in jeans with friends from college while she takes real math classes and learns how to rock climb. Instead, her virtue and sexuality is being sold on a TV show. :562479558b1bf_32(11):

Young and fundy or not you still have to stock your kitchen. Neither of them live on their own so they have NOTHING.  There was nothing odd about all that stuff, it looks like just about every thing I would register for now, if I could, because damnit I've been married for 20 years my kitchen stuff is OLD and slowly getting replaced piece by piece. 

Yeah, definitely not her registry.  She would need way more than dinner service for 8.  

Unrelated, but asking for shoes on a wedding registry??  nononono

I am shocked Joy did not enlist in the military.  She was the one I thought would sign up and report to basic training, followed with a letter to parents 6 weeks later.

Maybe she wanted to, but backed out when they told her you can't do basic training in a jean skirt and flip flops.

29 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Yeah, definitely not her registry.  She would need way more than dinner service for 8.  

She wouldn't be the first or the last quiverfull fundie to only register for six or eight sets of flatware.

I'm pretty sure no (non-paper/styrofoam) plate has ever been used at the TTH. And so far, the married kids seem to continue this habit. Because #dominion or whatever.

39 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I am shocked Joy did not enlist in the military.  She was the one I thought would sign up and report to basic training, followed with a letter to parents 6 weeks later.

I learned here in FJ that you need good grades to enlist. I doubt these kids could pass an exam.

Anyway, Duggars are against army career. It's not focused in the family, it's not modest and it takes corporal contact with opposite sex workmates, so they would never never allow it.

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I am  laughing - I have never heard of shoes on a wedding registry before this.

I think its tacky to register for anything that will be used by just one half of the couple.

26 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think its tacky to register for anything that will be used by just one half of the couple.

Well, admittedly they both registered for hiking boots. And a pair of mummy sleeping bags, etc. So maybe they plan to go hiking on their honeymoon?

I know this has probably been discussed before but if not here goes- I am confused by the Duggar's concept of modesty. They have all these rules to follow but I think that just makes things more interesting to wonder about. I'm not quite sure how to explain it but knowing that they aren't allowed to show "X" makes you look for X. I also wonder if they're allowed to wear any undies of their choice or if they're limited to plain white grannie panties out of a bag at Wally World. Also, we can't see their collar bones but we basically know exactly when they are losing their V.  It's just bizarre to  me.

Maybe, just maybe that getting ready for a wedding in 7 months is preferred because there are less Duggar women around to help Joy. I mean Jana is only one person.

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I'm not, 1, she'd have to leave home, 2 she's be around men folk not her headship 3, she's have to wear pants and not have any say in her clothing choices (I mean her parents won't have any say)  4, she'd have to cut her hair, at least a little bit, they aren't going to fuck with waist length hair, she'd probably for practicality sake cut it at least to her mid back if not shorter & 4th and last but most important, she wouldn't pass the basic knowledge exam. 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Erin and Michael and Jill all had irons and curlers and hair stuff on theirs. Not uncommon if it is hers. PLus when Jinger left she took the "good" shared hair iron so it would make sense for them to get their own. Though it's pretty sad that an adult woman can't spend her own money on a nice straightener. 

No way Joy and Austin are waiting till October. All the girls before her got married pretty quickly after their engagements.

Unless there's some sort of rule that Joy has to wait until she's 20 (like Anna), so she's getting married the very second she's able to? But I doubt that rule would exist when Michelle got married at age 17.

I saw this post on a Duggar fan account and -- feel free to call me out or delete if this is deemed inappropriate or hurtful -- I just realized how bad poor Joy's underbite is. What's bothersome is that she spent time in braces, which probably caused it if they weren't done properly (which is likely). Cosmetics aside, that's going to give her so many problems down the road with her bite and her jaw (speaking as someone who had TMJ).

55 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Unless there's some sort of rule that Joy has to wait until she's 20 (like Anna), so she's getting married the very second she's able to? But I doubt that rule would exist when Michelle got married at age 17.

I believe Anna personally wanted to wait till 20 to get engaged. I don't know if Joy wants to go that route because she is already engaged and every Duggar daughter married only a couple months after getting their engagement rings.

I doubt they'll get married on October 28th. I think it's gonna be in June and they're just deceiving people.

1. It is her registry but the date is wrong, because they don't have a date or they don't want the date to get out.

2. It is her registry, it is the correct date & they are waiting, because J&A want to, J's parents want them too, A's parents want them to. Joy realized that HOLLY FUCK I could be pregnant at 19 and have more than 20 kids, lets just slow down a little.  OR maybe TLC is making them wait so they can run the wedding special in the fall? Though I doubt this one.

3. It isn't their registry and we need something more to talk about. 

On the waiting if they indeed are, maybe they are going to wait so they can joint plan and share things like flowers/decor and stuff with the Caldwell's? Not sure the financial situation of that family but I'm pretty sure it isn't as vibrant as the Duggar's TLC's.

I saw this post on a Duggar fan account and -- feel free to call me out or delete if this is deemed inappropriate or hurtful -- I just realized how bad poor Joy's underbite is. What's bothersome is that she spent time in braces, which probably caused it if they weren't done properly (which is likely). Cosmetics aside, that's going to give her so many problems down the road with her bite and her jaw (speaking as someone who had TMJ).

They probably would have had to break her jaw to correct it. We see how well that's working out with Derrick.

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Anna's rule was self-imposed, and it had to to with engagement before 20. It follows that she'd be married in her early 20's. :)

We don't know if the Duggar females have/had any age requirements, since all of the married sisters were engaged/married in their early 20's. Marjorie, of course, was courting at 17, but she's not a Duggar, so she likely had her own self-imposed "rules" that her parents obviously agreed with in order to allow the courtship to go forward. 

5 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Well, admittedly they both registered for hiking boots. And a pair of mummy sleeping bags, etc. So maybe they plan to go hiking on their honeymoon?

I know that there are a lot of Indigenous women in South America who just traipse up mountain paths in those big-ass petticoats, but I'm really hoping Joy invests in some decent hiking pants.

I wonder who Joy will choose as her Maid/Matron of Honor since she's in such a weird spot in the birth order. Jinger and Jessa were each other's, Jana was Jill's and presumably Jill will be Jana's if that ever happens. I could see her choosing Jill as Matron and Carlin Bates as Maid of Honor.

Or since it looks like Carlin is courting, maybe they'll just have a double wedding and call it a day.

10 hours ago, unicorncastle said:

They probably would have had to break her jaw to correct it. We see how well that's working out with Derrick.

Yeah. They tried to fix my underbite with orthodontics as a kid and young teen, but it only worked part of the way... now I have a lovely cross-bite. ;) At some point they told me that the only way to fix it all the way would be to have the surgery (i.e. break my jaw), and that I would have to be at least 20 before they would do that (since the jaw can still grow before then). So even if Joy were to want that surgery, she would be too young for it at this point. I personally have not done it so far (almost 27 now) as I don't mind it nearly as much as I would mind a broken jaw. It's only a cosmetic issue at this point, and that is really only visible if you know it or in pictures from certain angles. Not nearly reason enough to have my jaw broken intentionally. If I ever do end up with health problems, I'll obviously re-evaluate. For Joy, I don't think her underbite is even that bad since I never noticed it before this picture. And who knows if it'll ever cause her any problems. I certainly would not just assume that her braces were poorly done.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived