IGNORED

Even More Bateses! (Part the 19th)

Destiny

4 hours ago, JoyfulSel said:

Erin told Warden in the episode that he could be a chef one day like Bobby Flay because some of the "best chefs are boys"; Warden said he didn't know who that was.

Disappointed that she didn't mention Gordon Ramsay though...

I was shocked at the Bobby Flay reference. Apparently, Erin hasn't checked out Flay's faulty history as a serial adulterer. Ramsey would have been hilarious, but Ming Tsai is probably the safest choice. Except he might be too educated for them; don't forget, Flay dropped out of high school to wash dishes before heading ot culinary school. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, marmalade said:

I was shocked at the Bobby Flay reference. Apparently, Erin hasn't checked out Flay's faulty history as a serial adulterer. Ramsey would have been hilarious, but Ming Tsai is probably the safest choice. Except he might be too educated for them; don't forget, Flay dropped out of high school to wash dishes before heading ot culinary school. 

I've seen his program a couple of times, but didn't know any gossip of him, nor details of his educational background. I imagine Erin and I have something in common in this respect. In my case, it's probably my age; to me, TV people are just TV people. (With a clear exception for gigundous odd families.)  In hers, it's probably that she still self-limits web usage pretty strictly.

On 1/13/2017 at 9:11 PM, JoyfulSel said:

Erin told Warden in the episode that he could be a chef one day like Bobby Flay because some of the "best chefs are boys"; Warden said he didn't know who that was.

Disappointed that she didn't mention Gordon Ramsay though...

If Warden wants to become a chef, he'd better go to the Culinary Institute of America or Johnson Wales or some place like that.  One can't hope to succeed as a chef if you don't have the culinary education.  From what I've read, there is actually a shortage of chefs leading to some good restaurants having to close.  They just can't get the well-trained staff they need.

Honestly, I think most people watch lots of shows, not just cooking shows, and don't know or care to know about the backgrounds of the talent. I used to watch Tyler Florence's cooking show every Sunday and I know nothing about his background and yet, I love to Google random stuff. 

And TFDW provides evidence that the Gil and Kelly took Carlin to Australia with them.

IMG_1139.PNG

No sign on the Bates Instagram that they have gone to an IBLP conference. The Bates have traveled out of the country for conferences before and UP has never shown it, so I doubt they will show this. Another big sign that their social media, blog and show are carefully edited to not be reality. 

Quite a few people turned up to listen to Gill preach. From TFDW of course, The Bates aren't really in Australia. :P 

When it was announced the Bates' would be coming to Australia, and my theory of UP filming them here -I didn't mean that they'd film or mention the conferences, but rather skirt around the fact. Maybe mention they were there on 'business' and lead unsuspecting viewers to their own ideas. Win for Bates for keeping their dirty laundry private, and win for viewers getting to see them out of the country.

Australia is the furthest the family have traveled, right? It is a  beautiful country which would make for some beautiful footage, so I would be very surprised if there isn't any mention on the show that Gil, Kelly & Carlin have gone to Australia, even if they insert pictures of them doing some sight seeing.

5 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

When it was announced the Bates' would be coming to Australia, and my theory of UP filming them here -I didn't mean that they'd film or mention the conferences, but rather skirt around the fact. Maybe mention they were there on 'business' and lead unsuspecting viewers to their own ideas. Win for Bates for keeping their dirty laundry private, and win for viewers getting to see them out of the country.

Australia is the furthest the family have traveled, right? It is a  beautiful country which would make for some beautiful footage, so I would be very surprised if there isn't any mention on the show that Gil, Kelly & Carlin have gone to Australia, even if they insert pictures of them doing some sight seeing.

I think that the issue would be if their viewers decided to look up why Gill and Kelly were in Australia. They don't want the IBLP ties known. So I think they will just ignore it. Film around it and pretend that it never happened. 

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Quite a few people turned up to listen to Gill preach. From TFDW of course, The Bates aren't really in Australia.  

Only thing Pecan Thief is good for is outing what the Bateses are actually up to.

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that the issue would be if their viewers decided to look up why Gill and Kelly were in Australia. They don't want the IBLP ties known. So I think they will just ignore it. Film around it and pretend that it never happened. 

This is what I'm thinking too. It would be awkward trying to explain it when the average fan only knows that Gil has a tree business. Why would he, his wife, and daughter be traveling to Australia for work? It's definitely possible, but I don't think it would be really believable and could spark questions from some fans.

I could be giving their fans too much credit though. :pb_lol:

I'm finally catching up on this season.  Who is that young woman that keeps popping up in the background? I assume she's friends of Josie or Carlin that also goes to Crown. She was at the big family dinner where Alyssa announced her pregnancy and was there when Lawson was practicing with the band.  

I think the fact that the Bateses are once again not mentioning a word of going to Australia on their Instagram is a pretty good indicator that they won't film it for the show either. Otherwise, why would they keep it a secret on IG?

@JMO I don't watch the show, but are you maybe talking about Courtney? Brown hair, about Tori's age? She's been hanging around the Bates house for ages, though I don't think anybody actually knows what she does there. Maybe she's the Bates family's very own Tabitha Paine?

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Would a casual viewer do this? Probably not.

The people who like the Bates family enough to google the when/where's/why would have likely come across the IBLP ties before now.

2 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Would a casual viewer do this? Probably not.

The people who like the Bates family enough to google the when/where's/why would have likely come across the IBLP ties before now.

No a casual viewer probably wouldn't but would they risk it? Definitely not! The Bates have no problem hiding what they are. That is a fact. 

Gil and Kelly travel a good bit with IBLP, and there is never a sign of it on their show or social media. I just think that they plan on keeping that part of their life completely out of their show. 

On 1/13/2017 at 6:41 AM, justmy2cents said:

@JMOI watched.  Can't remember anything too significant. Last week was Alyssa's pregnancy announcement.

I saw Alyssa's pregnancy announcement, and thought it was pretty hilarious. She made some other woman tell her family she was pregnant so that they all screamed while she was waiting in a car. No plugging her ears on television this time!

3 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

I saw Alyssa's pregnancy announcement, and thought it was pretty hilarious. She made some other woman tell her family she was pregnant so that they all screamed while she was waiting in a car. No plugging her ears on television this time!

But poor Allie Jane was traumatized. :my_cry:

I feel like Allie is going to be a serious different child compared to the beaten children of the cult. I'm not saying her beliefs will change but that she'll push the boundaries starting with their loudness. Like quiet down y'all. Boundary pushing is very good in cults in my opinion. 

20 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

That's really how she did it? If they're that bad, I mighta just texted ... 

Can someone recount Alyssa's pregnancy announcement for those of us who haven't seen it, pretty please?

Yes, please! I only saw a preview where the lady walks in with the flowers and basket, but then it ended.

It's a shame that their show isn't widely available like the Duggars show is. I like the Bates kids a lot.

The family was planning a dinner to get all of the kids together (except Michael and Alyssa) and someone knocked on the door. Nathan answered and it was the lady that usually delivers flowers.  

She came in and said that she had flowers for Kelly and a game for everyone to play.  She handed out little boxes to everyone and said they couldn't open it until she said so.  She counted down and they opened it and found two pictures, one of Allie wuth the chalkboard sign and one of Alyssa's stomach.  They're was also a package of m &ms with lexis name on it but most of the family didn't realize it.  Everyone was screaming and ran out of the house to see Alyssa outside. She exited the car with Allie and Allie starred crying. 

On 1/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, marmalade said:

Honestly, adulterer or not, I'd eat anything Bobby Flay makes. That man is a food genius. It's all up my alley too. Spicy, home-style, comfort food. Erin probably didn't google him. Just saw his show on TV.

On 1/15/2017 at 4:47 AM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

And TFDW provides evidence that the Gil and Kelly took Carlin to Australia with them.

IMG_1139.PNG

I actually just came back from Australia. There's so many bugs and insects, I'm grossed out that the kids are eating fish and chips without a tray or towel under it. It's so gross. 

I'm fascinated that Kelly is eating on the grass (considering her reaction to the fleas on the dog that Erin had gotten) I would think she didn't like bugs.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived