IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't see anything about it being for at risk kids or a ministry.

On the T shirt there was a cross on the football.  I dont think it really had anything to do with "at risk" anything, unless you ask BIn.  All the flashbacks were about reaching out to "at risk."  He said it in his THs a few times... the girls praised him for having a "heart" blah blah blah.

He sucked on to an established organization and put on a typical Duggar show that had nothing to do with his stated purpose.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

On the T shirt there was a cross on the football.  I dont think it really had anything to do with "at risk" anything, unless you ask BIn.  All the flashbacks were about reaching out to "at risk."  He said it in his THs a few times... the girls praised him for having a "heart" blah blah blah.

He sucked on to an established organization and put on a typical Duggar show that had nothing to do with his stated purpose.

Yup. Sounds like a good old fashioned quid pro quo. The organization gets spotlighted, and Ben gets credit for showing up with cameras and some swag bags. 

eta: I just saw my new post count title. I'm JRod, bitches! LMAO

26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm really confused at what we just saw, moreso than usual.  Bin has a "heart" for at risk kids, so he invites a bunch of football players/coaches, who seem to already have a ministry of sorts, and NOT AT RISK kids to play and pray?

Did these parents know these kids would be shown on national teevee as "at risk?"  I wouldnt want my kid shown like that!

Other than crappy flame videos and the ability to play for free, exactly what did these kids get out of this?

Silly girl, they got Duggar "swag bags". These kids' lives are now complete. 

25 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

http://www.lifechamps.com/whoweare

Well, that wasnt hard.  "Hard work" Binjermin?  This is an established organization... you, sir, are full of shit.

sso he didn't invent it - or start it - big surprise - he is a hangeron and they hanged on to an already established thing 

he needs to be told off 

Yet another Duggar Lie that the leghumpers will accept as gospel.  Ben will be lauded as some kind of saint who got all these people and "at risk" kids together. 

They make me sick. 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Yet another Duggar Lie that the leghumpers will accept as gospel.  Ben will be lauded as some kind of saint who got all these people and "at risk" kids together. 

They make me sick. 

this and Jessa complaining she has a healthy child who is growing up normally - their comments were telling 

made me nuts and sick 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa and JInger dont really know what a field goal is

Jana doesnt know what a 2 point conversion is.  Jinger would know it if she saw it.

What the heck do these girls do at the football games they always attend and post pictures from? Stare in confusion? Knit? 

11 hours ago, nst said:

must have been in the background somewhere -but I don't remember seeing him.  The only time in concrete i remember seeing him was the baby shower.  But he was with Ben for a long time before that if you were up to watching Ben's "videos" 

There are pictures of him at the baby shower which would have been about a year ago.  There are pictures of him in Central America and I thought we had pictures of him at a gathering at the TTH.  In the background, not the main part of the picture.    In one of his talking heads he said he has known her for a year.  And that was probably filmed a couple of months ago at least.  So he has been around them for over a year, but I don't think he was at Ben's wedding.  I think he probably came to the scene after that.  Or at least became more of a regular fixture after the wedding. 

I just don't buy into the whole "I didn't understand about their courting rules" schtick.  I think it is just the 'spin' they are putting on jeremy.   But like I said,  I also think it is possible that Jeremy might not bow down to JB on everything, especially if they live away from the TTH

I caught part of the show tonight in between switching from the Cubs.  Pretty dull.  Seemed odd that they addressed that 'guest house".  They seemed to want to be very clear that Josh and Anna are not living there.  Given that they sold their Siloam Springs home,  I do wonder where they are living.  If they are being kept in that small guesthouse that is like a warehouse building that seems rather unfair.  I know JOsh is an idiot but I don't think his wife and their 4 kids should be crammed into a warehouse or having to live in the main house with everyone else,.  Seems odd that jill with one kid gets that big house and Jessa with 1+1 on the way, and Josh with 4 doesn't. 

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

There are pictures of him at the baby shower which would have been about a year ago.  There are pictures of him in Central America and I thought we had pictures of him at a gathering at the TTH.  In the background, not the main part of the picture.    In one of his talking heads he said he has known her for a year.  And that was probably filmed a couple of months ago at least.  So he has been around them for over a year, but I don't think he was at Ben's wedding.  I think he probably came to the scene after that.  Or at least became more of a regular fixture after the wedding. 

I just don't buy into the whole "I didn't understand about their courting rules" schtick.  I think it is just the 'spin' they are putting on jeremy.   But like I said,  I also think it is possible that Jeremy might not bow down to JB on everything, especially if they live away from the TTH

I caught part of the show tonight in between switching from the Cubs.  Pretty dull.  Seemed odd that they addressed that 'guest house".  They seemed to want to be very clear that Josh and Anna are not living there.  Given that they sold their Siloam Springs home,  I do wonder where they are living.  If they are being kept in that small guesthouse that is like a warehouse building that seems rather unfair.  I know JOsh is an idiot but I don't think his wife and their 4 kids should be crammed into a warehouse or having to live in the main house with everyone else,.  Seems odd that jill with one kid gets that big house and Jessa with 1+1 on the way, and Josh with 4 doesn't. 

see I don't care where Josh and his brood live - but that's me.  They could all be living in Ben's original room.  

we see his kids all the time in TTH so I doubt they are suffering more than they are with being the children of said duggar

I think that Josh and Anna are still stuck in the TTH. The Mkids are in the girls bedroom and Josh and Anna are using Grandma's room off the laundry. Boob will not give Josh a bit of freedom.

20 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

What the heck do these girls do at the football games they always attend and post pictures from? Stare in confusion? Knit? 

They're probably playing dumb in that ridiculous, "Us ladies don't know nothing 'bout that icky he-man football stuff, tee hee," way, even though there is copious evidence of them attending Razorback games. It's just feigned stupidity to make them seem more feminine (in their minds) and probably also to explain why none of them were involved with the football workshop.

1 hour ago, montyollie said:

ROFLMAO they are at risk of being defrauded, front hugging, using birth control, sinning... this is what Bin is trying to save them from!!!

Y'all!! They are at risk of not knowing Gothard Baby Jesus!!!  They may not know where they will go when they die!

Is it just me or do they all seem more annoying as they grow up.  Jessa seems crabby, yet insensitive, Ben seems out of it, the other TH"s with Joy, Jinge and Jana all are asked normal questions and appear stupid.   And it seems Jinge's courtship is shorter than Jill's if she truly got engaged less than a month into her courtship.  

Do they want to even do this show? 

I am again disgusted on how Jessa is reacting to Spud growing up. 

and the fact that she is not posting new pregnancy pics as well speaks volumes.  

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting On -  BABE and more balls - part 3

They all stand around and note that not many kids are there (fake drama - its before 10)

NONE OF THESE KIDS LOOK "AT RISK." THEY'RE THERE WITH PARENTS

Well, considering that Duggars ==fake drama, that's no surprise.

Those kids were at risk. They were at risk of being bored by dealing with Bin. They were at risk of being indoctrinated into the crazy Bin and Jessa Calvinist way of life. If I had children, I certainly would be concerned about them hanging out with these folks, even for a day. I guess kids in my area are lucky, there are so many good activities for kids...

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

http://www.lifechamps.com/whoweare

Well, that wasnt hard.  "Hard work" Binjermin?  This is an established organization... you, sir, are full of shit.

Um, it was hard work for Bin. He had to get out of bed, get dressed, speak semi-coherently to a group of people, and suck up to others. That's a full day for him.

It's depressing to think how many really great shows were cancelled prematurely or had relatively short runs, while these boring, worthless Duggar programs keep going on and on, despite absolutely nothing happening. We could only get two seasons of Twin Peaks, but the Duggars have been on the air more or less constantly for ten years? More proof of the absence of a just god.

46 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think that Josh and Anna are still stuck in the TTH. The Mkids are in the girls bedroom and Josh and Anna are using Grandma's room off the laundry. Boob will not give Josh a bit of freedom.

A part of me feels like this is true. Josh effed up, JB is going to make sure he really tows the line this time.

Side note- I think it's ridiculous that Jill gets that guest house over Josh and his family (just because they are a bigger family and could probably use the space). 

Managed to watch the episode tonight. If you want to watch Ben mangle the words spaghetti, linguine and quesadilla in an obnoxious voice, then this is the show for you!

This week has been crazy for me. I started a new job/career on Monday. I work in the public relations department in a major company in Des Moines. We are also moving to a townhouse in West Des Moines on Saturday. I don't recommend starting a new job and moving all in the same week, but that's how the cookie crumbles. Slaving for seven years a general reporter then news editor is finally starting to pay off.

It makes me sad/mad for the Duggar girls that they are forbidden from these opportunities. You know, working hard and seeing independent success. The scene with Joy being asked her future plans of staying home to help her mom with the kids sticks out in my mind. Duggar misery at its finest. 

Oh, did I also mention my one year wedding anniversary was also on Monday? I celebrated by cleaning out the bathroom closet and packing, while my husband watched the presidential debates. And, we ate a piece of year old frozen cake. YUM!

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

They're probably playing dumb in that ridiculous, "Us ladies don't know nothing 'bout that icky he-man football stuff, tee hee," way, even though there is copious evidence of them attending Razorback games. It's just feigned stupidity to make them seem more feminine (in their minds) and probably also to explain why none of them were involved with the football workshop.

I remember Jesse bachelorette party being a football game, a poor excuse of a bachelorette party if I'd ever seen it even going to Chuck E cheese would have been more exciting for the girls because they actually would have gotten participate besides cheering on the men Folk, but I'm pretty sure that just wasn't able to play football had she not been stifled by wearing a skirt but I'm sure Joy would have worn her skirt out there and possibly Christian-tackled them and then all the things that are so ungodly for young prim and proper ladies. :roll:

Speaking of, isn't it utterly disgusting that even Jessa's Bachelorette party HAD to be revolving around all the guys versus her having a girl's day? 

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

If you want to watch Ben mangle the words spaghetti, linguine and quesadilla in an obnoxious voice, then this is the show for you!

I don't want to, however my nana was Spanish and she'd be turning in her grave!

Kay-sah-dee-ah NOT Kay-sah-dill-ah!!! 

Hint Ben, I & E sounds are switched in spanish!

Thank god he doesn't drink, I'd want to cry when he pronounced Estrella Beer wrong!

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

It's depressing to think how many really great shows were cancelled prematurely or had relatively short runs, while these boring, worthless Duggar programs keep going on and on, despite absolutely nothing happening. We could only get two seasons of Twin Peaks, but the Duggars have been on the air more or less constantly for ten years? More proof of the absence of a just god.

I would gladly trade the next 10 years of Counting On for one more season of Mad Men!

What was that little slip from Ben about playing football in HS. I thought he was homeschooled, too.

And what Tonitown parent in their right mind would send their kid to a camp run by the Duggars?

This ep. just highlighted all the ignorance this cult exemplifies. Even about pasta? I hope Jinger did some

homework before she met the Grandma. First thing granny's gonna say is, "Jeremy, couldn't you find a girl w/some meat on her bones?" and the second will be "Jeremy, she's as dumb as a stick."

13 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting On -  BABE and more balls - part 3

Bin/Jessa/Spurge arrive at Steve's house.  Bin meets more black people (see a theme?)  They eat beans, mac n cheese, and ribs.

Bin TH - We have a great squad of players and coaches for this event.

The "team" is introduced, some are actual FB players, that makes me sad... 

Bin TH - during our dinner the conversation was them telling their story, how they got there and to here today.  It was interested hearing the stories, they were honest about successes and set backs.

Pretty much, most of these guys got cut.

The wimmenz are at a different table with the kids.  Jessa says they werent into the "football lingo."

Another guy says that he got kicked off the team for anger issues.  He was invited to a ministry and was the "only black dude."  It changed his life.

Bin TH - He struggled with so much anger. It was an inspirational story.

Bin asks them for advice for mentoring kids because this is his first time.   They tell him that the kids dont care who you are or what you know, just be there for them.  

Bin is pumped they will help him out tomorrow.

THe next day

Bin/jessa/spurge arrive. Jessa is wearing a matching shirt, but its pink.

Bin TH - my role is overseeing a drill station.  Steve told me some drills i can run the kids through.  They demonstrate.

The duggar kids arrive IN SHORTS - legit sports shorts.

Jed - I was directing traffic (sitting in a chair holding a sign).  "I'm the entrance to fun."  Somebody has to do this job...

Jinger answers what an interception is.  

Jessa and JInger dont really know what a field goal is

Jana doesnt know what a 2 point conversion is.  Jinger would know it if she saw it.

BIn TH - We tried to get the word out, but we dont know how many will come. If the camp doesnt go well Im going to feel bad. Reggie drove several hours and steve put so much work in.

They all stand around andnote that not many kids are there (fake drama - its before 10)

Joy is also wearing a pink matching shirt... 

Bin - I'd love to see 60, 70, 80 kids... 

Kids come and get wrist bands.  A lot of kids show up... 

Bin - its an answer to prayer and abig relief.  

NONE OF THESE KIDS LOOK "AT RISK." THEY'RE THERE WITH PARENTS

Bin TH - we had close to 70 kids.  

Coaches introduce themselves and make the kids clap for bin.  He played a little football in high school.... 

The kids do drills.  

Bin TH - steve put together spelling out live "champs." It gets the kids hyped up.

More drills... 

Parents sit in the back and watch.

Parent - its a big deal to come out and let my son play with real players. He looks up to these guys. He'll get a lot out of it.

Kid - Its great to be here with some real players

Joy TH - we didnt play organized sports because we were homeskooled

Jinger - We played unorganized sports

Shots of broomball in the older episodes - jana in a skirt.

Jessa TH - I loved broomball and when i was 15 I lost interest in sports.

More drills... 

Kids - These guys probably did this withtheir practices and they can show us is pretty cool

kid - Its good to learn how to get better at yhings.

Joy TH - I was impressed by Bin's heart... to serve, so sweet.

Jinger TH - Bin has a compassionate heart and always has ministry ideas.

Bin TH - throughout the day we're giving kids water breaks and having the coaches share persobnal testimony.  

The guy tells him that his feet were fractured but god had a plan.  The kids are looking around... 

Bin TH - after drills its time to eat lunch and then flag football!

So the 60 minutes at stood in line at WalGreens to get my prescription wasn't a waste of time after all. 

Those talking heads were clearly fake.  I don't believe for a second that those adult girls were that clueless about football.  Even for someone who isn't into football, you would pick up a few terms just being around when the tv is on or when people are talking about it.  And since they appear to be heavily into Razorback sports (despite the fact that none of them actually value education or have attended that particular school or any real university), I would think that they are around when it's discussed.  And the definition of some of those terms could be easily guessed - such as the quarterback sneak.

As for the pastas - again, being ridiculous.  Even a simple "it's a shape/form of pasta" would have been sufficient.  I don't know every shape and which is good for what type of sauce, but I can still figure some things out or make a generic guess that's technically accurate so I wouldn't look like a fool on tv.  Since they are reared to be homemakers, I can't imagine that they don't know anything about pastas.

The house renovation has to be a staged plot.  It looked to be in good shape to me - if Jill was just going to visit, then having it well-cleaned and making sure it was well-stocked would be more than adequate.  Displaying a Welcome Back sign would be nice.  If Jill is actually going to live there, then I would allow her to decorate it herself instead of Jana, since their tastes are different.  

As for Jessa stating that she stopped liking sports after age 15 or so - that was probably when the parents finally sucked the life out of her, and she had to start acting like a proper Gothard female.  I can't imagine anyone into Gothard believing that it is acceptable and feminine to like sports.  This is probably why they had to pretend that they didn't know anything about football during the talking heads.  Such a shame.

I don't believe for a second Jana has the power to make any structural or design changes to any house JB owns 
It's a plot line - If anything why not a new fridge 

And I did hear Ben mumble about playing football in high school 

Lie #5555

I think Jessa was obviously pregnant hence the sitting on the couch looking queezy 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived