IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also this is just me being annoying but for some reason I just was not a fan of how her hair was styled (Michael I mean), something about the random front strains weirdly bother me.

Me too. I like long flowy hair, and would probably even wear the type of veil she wore. But somehow I just didn't like that combo on her. The loose strands in front looked messy and didn't suit her face. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have looked much better if they had not had the strands loose in front of her face. I thought her veil was nice, but it looked like it was meant to be placed higher on her head. It looked like she was hiding behind her hair. 

I did like the wedding overall and I think UP did a better job editing, than TLC has done. Michael and Brandon seemed really excited and it felt pretty genuine for a TV wedding. 

1 minute ago, Thorns said:

Cute picture of Erin and Chad on her instagram, and NIKE! Knees!

Well, Erin is under thirty, so I guess she can go about showing her knees, unlike other wizened trollops like me, her Grandmother, the First Lady, and Beyonce. :pb_rollseyes:

On 2/7/2016 at 5:13 AM, Diana said:

Its the wedding episode posted anywhere? i wasnt able to find it.

Yep: [redacted]

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Well, Erin is under thirty, so I guess she can go about showing her knees, unlike other wizened trollops like me, her Grandmother, the First Lady, and Beyonce. :pb_rollseyes:

I am showing my knees today, 13 years past their max ripeness.  

30 minutes ago, lynn0810 said:

It would have looked much better if they had not had the strands loose in front of her face. I thought her veil was nice, but it looked like it was meant to be placed higher on her head. It looked like she was hiding behind her hair. 

I did like the wedding overall and I think UP did a better job editing, than TLC has done. Michael and Brandon seemed really excited and it felt pretty genuine for a TV wedding. 

I couldn't get past her slouching and the hair. She looked like she wanted to hide. As ugly as I think the dress was, putting a lot of hair in front of it just made her seem huge and slouchy.

11 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I couldn't get past her slouching and the hair. She looked like she wanted to hide. As ugly as I think the dress was, putting a lot of hair in front of it just made her seem huge and slouchy.

She also has a very low hairline, which, when coupled with the hair around her face like that, just adds to the "hiding' effect.

1 hour ago, Thorns said:

Cute picture of Erin and Chad on her instagram, and NIKE! Knees!

Is it just me or does Chad always look tired? I know they have a baby but even before Carson came along I've thought he could do with a good nights sleep.

On 2/7/2016 at 10:30 AM, OnceUponATime said:

I think if the churches are fine with it (some even let your own person do the ceremony) then who cares? I know that not all churches allow it. My church-going friends are ones who believe the 'church' is the people and not the building so really it doesn't matter to them where the location is.

I have trouble with church's that have theatre seating, and look like performance venues. There is something more leveling about squeezing into a pew together. But I was raised high church, liberal, heretical Episcopalian. Traditional Anglican music, where everyone sings 4-part harmony. Couples (straight and gay) can choose marriage in the church, or anywhere else. As they say, wherever two or more are gathered...there's a fifth!

And, yes, at best, church is a community, as an extended family.

17 minutes ago, Alye said:

Is it just me or does Chad always look tired? I know they have a baby but even before Carson came along I've thought he could do with a good nights sleep.

Chad looks like he suffers from whatever shitty gene I have that makes you look tired no matter how much sleep you get, even consistently. My under eyes are always dark and puffy like that. But I'm sure he is actually tired just from working and taking care of a baby. I don't have kids so I don't have that excuse lol. 

I'm an atheist but I would consider getting married in the church my parents had me baptized in, only because I am related to the Pastor and a lot of my family has been married, baptized and buried there. If my partner were religious but didn't attend church regularly and for what ever reason that church didn't accept us I don't know if I would want to church shop for a venue. I am ridiculously sentimental and it would make a random church too important in my mind's eye. That said I don't really have a problem with people who do church shop, if the church allows it then go for it.

I had a friend have to beg a church to allow her to marry in it though. That seemed a bit trashy to me. 

23 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

Chad looks like he suffers from whatever shitty gene I have that makes you look tired no matter how much sleep you get, even consistently. My under eyes are always dark and puffy like that. But I'm sure he is actually tired just from working and taking care of a baby. I don't have kids so I don't have that excuse lol. 

I have that too, my eyes are set deep into my sockets and I have very thin skin under my eyes so whatever I do I have dark patches under my eyes. They are even hard to to cover with makeup (not that I wear makeup of any kind anyway) because even if the dark skin is gone the sockets cast a shadow so the tired expression is only dampened, not gone. 

1 hour ago, lynn0810 said:

I agree about the better editing, but thought it seemed better to the point of hiding most of the wedding.  Where were the cult essentials?  We saw the hall, preparations, and some guests (but not Josh Duggar or anyone especially "interesting").  We saw parents standing by the happy couple, candles being lit, final vows being made, and Michael getting kissed by Daddy and Brandon.  We didn't hear lectures about the wife's obedience to the husband or the transfer of authority from father to husband, though I'm sure they were covered in some detail.  We didn't, far as I can tell, see IBLP top brass - though they must have been around since Gil is on the Board.  Gothard?  Not a glimpse.  Spreading their version of Christianity throughout the world?  Didn't hear about it.

Do we even know if Josh Duggar attended the wedding?  Perhaps he opted was told to stay in hiding due to the scandals, so I can see at the Duggars brought 18 kids instead of 19 (not sure if Anna and the M kids attended either).  The only summer wedding I know Anna/kids atttended was Amy's.

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I agree about the better editing, but thought it seemed better to the point of hiding most of the wedding.  Where were the cult essentials?  We saw the hall, preparations, and some guests (but not Josh Duggar or anyone especially "interesting").  We saw parents standing by the happy couple, candles being lit, final vows being made, and Michael getting kissed by Daddy and Brandon.  We didn't hear lectures about the wife's obedience to the husband or the transfer of authority from father to husband, though I'm sure they were covered in some detail.  We didn't, far as I can tell, see IBLP top brass - though they must have been around since Gil is on the Board.  Gothard?  Not a glimpse.  Spreading their version of Christianity throughout the world?  Didn't hear about it.

I'm sure they were all there. The producers learned a lesson from the Duggars not to show that stuff on TV. They are trying to image the Bates as a big happy conservative family who go to church.

I have always wondered why Gil would be on the board. Is he a figurehead? Sort of showing the poorer families that they too can rise to the top in the organization. I say this because I cannot understand why Gil would be put on a board of anything. He isn't savvy and he isn't even as good a grifter has Jim Bob.  Who would entrust him with any real power? 

For the record, I am not absolving him of anything he has done in relation to the abuse allegations. I just wonder how he even obtained his position. I suppose they could want someone who would be easy to manipulate. 

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I have always wondered why Gil would be on the board. Is he a figurehead? Sort of showing the poorer families that they too can rise to the top in the organization. I say this because I cannot understand why Gil would be put on a board of anything. He isn't savvy and he isn't even as good a grifter has Jim Bob.  Who would entrust him with any real power? 

For the record, I am not absolving him of anything he has done in relation to the abuse allegations. I just wonder how he even obtained his position. I suppose they could want someone who would be easy to manipulate. 

I've also kind of assumed he is on the board to fill an every man sort of role. 'Look, you or your son could make it on the board too!' He doesn't seem to add much else too the board, but I am also not super familiar with too many of the other board members so who knows, maybe he does the budgets sense we are always hearing about how frugal he is. 

49 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Do we even know if Josh Duggar attended the wedding?  Perhaps he opted was told to stay in hiding due to the scandals, so I can see at the Duggars brought 18 kids instead of 19 (not sure if Anna and the M kids attended either).  The only summer wedding I know Anna/kids atttended was Amy's.

Yes, Josh, Anna and the Ms all attended Brandon and Girl Michael's wedding.  They married August 15th and I believe the Joshley Madison story broke a week or so later.  So at the time he wasn't hated in their community because touching your little sisters as a 14/15 year old = A-OKAY!  Being an adult, cheating on your adult wife, with another consenting adult = BAD HELLFIRE SIN!!!!!!11!

joshleyatbateschurch.jpg.ec7c180590f6b20

This pic is from the Bateseseses' church services the day after the wedding and you can see Josh on the right.  Can't seem to find any pictures of him at the actual wedding and I doubt any will be posted now but if he was in Tennessee the day after I'm sure he attended the wedding itself.

Whether he'll be invited to the next Bates wedding (or hell, even the next Duggar wedding lawls) remains to be seen....

I think Gil is much savvier than he seems, and part of that savvy is his caring, "aw shucks" persona.  He also has Kelly in his corner - and she's no slacker as far as getting things done for her family.  He's self-employed, is feeding and clothing most of his nineteen children (the ones who aren't married), has a huge addition to his house, gets his kids in braces, and has travelled around the continental US and to Hawaii on vacation.  Their show is successful, and is promoting IBLP's values while hiding the underside.  What's not for IBLP to like?

17 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Gil and Kelly are actually really intelligent people. Gil puts on a good show of being a simple, bumbling, good old country boy, but he is an educated, cunning man who knows exactly how to get what he wants. He was also, according to Gothard, chosen because of his loyalty. He was a man with a large family who could be paraded across the stage to show that Gothard's principles work and you really can support a huge family with no steady income. It was apparently also pretty clear that he and Kelly were not the kind of folks who would be bothered by abuse. 

And in the end, he wasn't too loyal to Gothard, he was loyal to the money and he helped manipulate the situation to get Gothard out of the BoD's hair and also try to protect money. I don't think he is easily manipulated at all, I think he is a master manipulator. 

On 2/7/2016 at 2:49 PM, fraurosena said:

Yep: [redacted]

This page just brought up a bunch of splash pages - one wanted me to update flash, another to some different site, then another to a login page. More than 30 popup pages in all. WTF??

Anyone have a direct link?

On February 8, 2016 at 0:13 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I have also picked up on Michael's sanctimonious attitude at times and thought it was over compensating for insecurities. Couple that that with her mannerisms and things she has said when dress shopping that make me think Michael is fairly self-conscious. Her sisters' personalities and attention to beauty/fashion can overshadow her at times and I just get the feeling that even though Michael doesn't seem as interested in those things as they might be, she lacks self-confidence in that area. I could be misinterpreting, but that hair hiding and slouchy posture she has looks like insecurity to me. I hope Brandon makes her feel perfect exactly as she is and that she blossoms in marriage.

I hope she is happy with him. I did feel sorry for her in a way because she wanted a small wedding & they ended up with 800 people at the wedding. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived