IGNORED

MGTOW....dot com...?

Imrlgoddess

I did a search and only saw a couple of posts on other threads regarding this particular sect of folks.  I saw the acronym on the Biblical Gender Roles blog (checking to see if he approved and responded to my comment).  

I can't understand the level of animosity and anger. Yeah I know some women who have worked over men...my husbands ex is one of them.  She was the nightmare, the one who gives the rest of us a bad name but he's ok.  There are trust issues that are being worked out but he didn't turn into a raging misogynist over it.  

Is it the shitty attitude that is supplemented by repeated rejection?  I see a lot of divorcees on websites like this, wife got the dog the house and the car and he's a ball of hate.

Wrapping my head around it is difficult to say the least.

https://www.mgtow.com/forums/

20 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I did a search and only saw a couple of posts on other threads regarding this particular sect of folks.  I saw the acronym on the Biblical Gender Roles blog (checking to see if he approved and responded to my comment).  

I can't understand the level of animosity and anger. Yeah I know some women who have worked over men...my husbands ex is one of them.  She was the nightmare, the one who gives the rest of us a bad name but he's ok.  There are trust issues that are being worked out but he didn't turn into a raging misogynist over it.  

Is it the shitty attitude that is supplemented by repeated rejection?  I see a lot of divorcees on websites like this, wife got the dog the house and the car and he's a ball of hate.

Wrapping my head around it is difficult to say the least.

https://www.mgtow.com/forums/

I tend to subscribe to the notion that if everyone around you seems to have a problem ... then YOU may be the problem (common denominator and all that). I've known women with the "all men are scum" mindset. And when it comes down to it -- they basically just have crap taste in men. These "MGTOWs" (and geez, men going their own way -- could they NOT think of something snazzier, like Man Solo? Because MGTOW just sounds stupid) go for the flashy, emotionally unstable women, who are probably just as fun as the bad boys are but who are also just as crap at relationships as the bad boys are. Or just keep on going your own way. Hell, I don't think anyone is going to care in the long run.

If you repeatedly hook up with people who are bad relationship material, then you need to look at YOU and stop blaming all men or ALL women for your shit taste (NAWALT, NAMALT, whatever, keep your stupid MRA acronyms to yourself). 

A couple friends of mine have gone through years of bad relationships because their mom adheres to the "all men are scum" notion.  At 60+ she's still casually throwing out how men only want one thing.  

Repeated bad choices end up in well...bad experiences!  And there are 3 sides to every story, his-hers-and the truth.  :my_biggrin:  

Oh boy is this timely for me. I was doing a search for something random a week ago and stumbled upon that site. I started reading the comments and could not believe the level of anger. Still cannot believe it. And have you seen any interactions between the few women (excuse me NAWALTs :roll:) and the administrator? I don't know if I've ever seen a man so angry before in my life. And his disbelief that someone who disagrees with him (however respectfully) would go on his site. Um, dude, it's a public internet site. If you only want to circle jerk with your MGTOW friends, how about you have a private Facebook page?

I totally agree with @polecat that most of these guys are either 1) socially inept and are unsuccessful with women and so blame them, or 2) are attracted to crazy women because the sex is good and/or some part of them is attracted to it and likes having their sexist theories validated. I have my own theory that straight people typically marry what their conception of the opposite sex is. If you think all women are gold diggers, you marry a gold digger. If you think are men are cheating dirt bags, you date cheating dirt bags. 

And the shitty science "proof" of why women are biologically incapable of handling responsibility or power. Delightful. 

@nausicaa25  :boom:

In some of the posts...right when you start to see a glimmer of common sense coming from one....SLAM.  Back down the rabbit hole.  The references to how women look physically I think are what get me the most.  It's akin to when some of my girl friends talk about men they've dated being soooo good looking but end up losers.  It seems like the bar is set so high...they want this perfect 10 woman (scuse me:  female), yet they want her to be meek, and ultra feminine and almost...worshippy?  Maybe if they'd lower their golden standard, find the thick gal that can cook and has a great personality they might be a little happier. 

58 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@nausicaa25  :boom:

In some of the posts...right when you start to see a glimmer of common sense coming from one....SLAM.  Back down the rabbit hole.  The references to how women look physically I think are what get me the most.  It's akin to when some of my girl friends talk about men they've dated being soooo good looking but end up losers.  It seems like the bar is set so high...they want this perfect 10 woman (scuse me:  female), yet they want her to be meek, and ultra feminine and almost...worshippy?  Maybe if they'd lower their golden standard, find the thick gal that can cook and has a great personality they might be a little happier. 

I was with you until you had to shit on the girls (like me) who can't cook and aren't "thick" WTF does that even mean? And why is that better or worse than ultrafeminine? 

I'm not OK with that. 

3 hours ago, nausicaa25 said:

@polecat

And the shitty science "proof" of why women are biologically incapable of handling responsibility or power. Delightful. 

Try telling that to Queen Elizabeth I, Catherine the Great, Golda Meir, Maggie Thatcher, and that's just for starters!:my_angry:

3 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

Try telling that to Queen Elizabeth I, Catherine the Great, Golda Meir, Maggie Thatcher, and that's just for starters!:my_angry:

Oh you NAWALT! You Marxist Gynocentric Feminist! Why do you even bother posting? The science is there, you just can't see it! (Cue several others chiming in with apocryphal anecdotes but no actual scientific data.)

@Maggie Mae   I'm sorry wasn't trying to throw off on anyone.  The way they define the rating for women is any woman who isn't slim and stacked is ultimately unworthy....in their words:  fat n ugly.  There is no chance for a woman who is a little heavier to be seen as valid in their world.  I have no personal issues with anyone who is of any body type or ability...they have problems with it.  Many of the posts talk about how hot, hygienic, or masculine she is or should be...basically searching for an unattainable perfection.  Women with even a slight masculine vibe are touted as evil feminists who are out to destroy men.  We all have flaws or weird bits or things that make us unique, they don't want those things, they want a stereotype.   

Albeit, it was badly worded, I simply meant they need to stop searching for the perfect and accept a woman for what she has and has not.  

19 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I was with you until you had to shit on the girls (like me) who can't cook and aren't "thick" WTF does that even mean? And why is that better or worse than ultrafeminine? 

I'm not OK with that. 

I took it more as Imrlgoddess addressing the typical "gold standard" of these men. Which is overwhelmingly very thin (there's ridiculous amounts of fat shaming on these sites), very young, and always decked out in full makeup, heels, and hair done. There's nothing wrong with being any of those things, but I suspect some of these men are perhaps not, ahem, equally physically diligent shall we say? So maybe if they would focus less on nitpicking everything about a woman's appearance and look more at personality and compatibility, they might find themselves in happier relationships. 

And I say this as someone who is girly and thin and likes to wear makeup and heels.

I totally understand that. I'm sorry for my overreaction. 

I've poked around a little on that site and they all seem to be bitter and angry, and taking out that attitude on all women. 

I totally get being screwed by our court system. I even understand that some people (men and women) change after the wedding. One day you come home and your spouse has quit trying to improve his/herself. And that sucks. But it's not all women and it's not all men. 

Archived