IGNORED

Happy 23rd Birthday, Anna Maxwell! (MERGE)

Justme

And regarding health, I'll be honest (and I am not diagnosing anyone with anything) if her hair were colored and over processed that could account for it's condition but I think it look particularly unhealthy for someone who doesn't bleach her hair.  There are nutritional and some easily corrected medical issues that can cause that kind of damage and if it were my daughter I'd want her to get checked out.  I'd expect a 23 year old in good health who doesn't chemically process her hair to have glossy, healthy looking hair no matter the style or whether it was brushed or not.  

I've found that when I restrict calories to diet, my hair start to look thin and, well, a lot like Anna's.  My hair is naturally thin to begin with, and if I don't take flax oil, iron, and vitamin D supplements, my hair starts to go to hell and then fall out.  We know that the Maxwell's live on a pretty strict caloric intake and exercise religiously, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something nutritional going on there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Maxwells have quite a healthy diet, if a bit boring and strict.  The green smoothies for breakfast probably contain more nutrition than many people have all day long!

Every time I see those wedding pics I think Steve looks blazed out of his mind. 

Anna and, to a lesser extent, Sarah look like Teri. The others all have Steve's crazy eyes to some extent. There are glimmers of those eyes in Bethany and Christina too (though of course they are beautiful children). Anyway, I spend way too much time looking at these people's pictures.

Last thing, I don't think I've ever seen Teri look fully relaxed in a photo. Even in her wedding photo she seems tense and I always imagine every muscle in her body straining. 

I think from that picture, yes it really does appear Anna has Teri's face, but I'm having a hard time telling for sure as I keep getting distracted by the 'stash.

I think the Maxwells have quite a healthy diet, if a bit boring and strict.  The green smoothies for breakfast probably contain more nutrition than many people have all day long!

Personally, it didn't matter what I ate, if I didn't have the necessary number of calories, it was hello thinning, hay-like hair.

She looks terrible, in that picture. It may well be the worst picture we have seen of her this year, and yet they choose it as her special birthday spotlight photo.  It's not really about snarking on Anna's looks.  It's just another example of the fact that non of the Maxwell's have a good eye or good taste.  Someone saw that picture of Anna and thought, yeah, that's the one! 

Maybe someone who is feeling a twinge of jealousy because Anna has a suitor?

Oh my gosh, I say this all the time too. Someday I can't wait to have white hair so I can dye it Rose Nylund blonde!  :pb_lol:

I am a 100% Blanche Devereaux. Always have been

That's my opinion as well.  She looks fine and we ALL have moments where our hair is behaving in an unauthorized manner but neither of my sisters would have posted that particular pic.  That's a "yikes!  Would have been a great pic if your hair had behaved - let's do it again."  This isn't an indictment for anything about Anna...just whomever chose the shot.

And regarding health, I'll be honest (and I am not diagnosing anyone with anything) if her hair were colored and over processed that could account for it's condition but I think it look particularly unhealthy for someone who doesn't bleach her hair.  There are nutritional and some easily corrected medical issues that can cause that kind of damage and if it were my daughter I'd want her to get checked out.  I'd expect a 23 year old in good health who doesn't chemically process her hair to have glossy, healthy looking hair no matter the style or whether it was brushed or not.  

Maybe she overuses a flat iron without heat protection - who knows - but I'm not snarking on her style or even that it's not brushed...I do think it looks quite unhealthy though (although her skin and eyes are glowing and she looks very healthy in that sense.)

You know, she simply might need a decent hair cut. My hair is red and blonde and naturally spirally curly, thin but plentiful. When I need a haircut (which is often) my hair looks weak and bedraggled.

Archived