IGNORED

Lourdes & Nolan Manteufel - Doug Phillips lawsuit - Part 2

happy atheist

I have a question- where are Sippy Cup and Kelly Bradrick in all of this? He was so vocal, in the beginning, about the betrayal he felt and how he didn't see any real atonement and forgiveness seeking from Doug Phillips (is a tool). He was even getting in FB arguments with other VF royals. And now radio silence. I heard they went back to the Bradrick compound, but is that permanent? Did they sell their house? Has Kelly's family disowned her- since Scott Brown said/wrote that all of his married children were at some conference and clearly KB and Sippy weren't there, was that a misspeak/typo or meant to convey a certain message?

Is she really preggo with the 6th, do we have any real confirmation? I also wonder if Deborah- she who runs with the wolves- Brown, is on board with this whole thing? Cleary, Kelly was her pride and joy; can she just write her off for supporting her husband- which, ironically, is what she's been taught to do by mother for her entire life?

I think Lourdes should get in touch with Sippy- some of those earlier FB posts he did right after everything came out, were very anti doug, and supportive of the "weaker" female being abused. He might actually be a good witness to call on her behalf. It might not be for the exact right reasons- Sippy feels betrayed by Tool, in terms of himself, and that is probably the motivating factor in anything he might do. But very few VF biggies are supporting Lourdes, most are trying to cast her as a seductress and harlot.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it that Bradrick is on the outs with Scott Brown, but I don't think we have any proof other than his return to his family in Washington with Kelly and the kids and their absence from Scottie's last workshop on marriage.

I'm sure Bradrick is hunkered down in Washington awaiting subpoenas in the lawsuit. He's neck deep in this situation and one wonders which side is going to call him to testify.

If memory serves, one of the reasons Nolan is so angry with him and called him out for cowardice is that Bradrick was one of the first people who "knew" what was going on and failed to protect Lourdes. He was supposedly approached by Beall and Joshua -- and they asked him to talk to Doug in Paris. I forget when that was.

Bradrick then backed off for months until he found the courage to join (or perhaps convene) the Gang of Five for the big confrontation with Doug in October that lead to the public resignation from VF and the whole edifice falling down.

Speaking of Nolan and Bradrick, Doug Phillips and/or his lawyer made a huge unforced error in their official response to the lawsuit. Doug accused Nolan of profiting from selling the story online. In fact, the 11 page manuscript Nolan was jokingly selling for beer money was not about Doug at all. It was calling out Bradrick!

I didn't contribute to Nolan's beer fund so I don't know, but Nolan is smart and savvy enough to have been very cryptic and never mentioned Doug in that document by name or even alluded to the situation at all!

So that leaves Doug with egg on his face and a libelous statement re. Nolan on record. :)

If memory serves, one of the reasons Nolan is so angry with him and called him out for cowardice is that Bradrick was one of the first people who "knew" what was going on and failed to protect Lourdes. He was supposedly approached by Beall and Joshua -- and they asked him to talk to Doug in Paris. I forget when that was.

If this is true, it's just... I don't know what to say.

The wife (and mother of eight) of a pastor in the patriarchy - and her son - asks a close friend to talk to the husband / father about not hitting on the nanny. Wonder if Beall knew he was doing more than hitting on her. And in Paris of all places - I remember the photos from the tour where Beall and Doug posed together in the city of love and looked very happy.

Curious, my mind's happily reeling with what graphic you'll put at the top of the "Keep Calm" item, where the crown goes at the top of the original "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters.

A crown with a "no" slash through it?

An open book?

What icon says "leaving patriarchy" behind?

....think think think think think

I instantly thought about that Vietnam War-era poster: "War is not healthy for children and other living things." Substitute "patriarchy" for "war," make it "women and children," and maybe we've got something there...

(Yes, I am old!! :lol: )

Rumor has it that Bradrick is on the outs with Scott Brown, but I don't think we have any proof other than his return to his family in Washington with Kelly and the kids and their absence from Scottie's last workshop on marriage.

I'm sure Bradrick is hunkered down in Washington awaiting subpoenas in the lawsuit. He's neck deep in this situation and one wonders which side is going to call him to testify.

I realize it's all speculation at this point, but if Bradrick and Scott Brown are on the outs, what would be the reason why? I can't figure out if Scott Brown would be mad at Bradrick for not doing enough to stop Phillips' actions or for not doing enough to keep them quiet. Brown, for his part, seemed to not hesitate to throw Phillips under the bus as soon as he could. Or is the Brown/Bradrick disagreement about something entirely different?

I do feel for Kelly though. It had to be hard enough with all those kids, but now she doesn't even have her mother nearby (or possibly in touch with her) to help out. I hope her mother-in-law is helpful and not a PITA.

If this is true, it's just... I don't know what to say.

The wife (and mother of eight) of a pastor in the patriarchy - and her son - asks a close friend to talk to the husband / father about not hitting on the nanny. Wonder if Beall knew he was doing more than hitting on her. And in Paris of all places - I remember the photos from the tour where Beall and Doug posed together in the city of love and looked very happy.

Seriously! Beall must be nearly as good an actor as Doug.

I just double-checked. The sole source of this story about Beall and Joshua approaching Bradrick is Julie Anne at Spiritual Sounding Board and the Paris trip was in summer 2011. Julie Anne put it in her summary and timeline section (she's updated that since the last time I looked), but it is expanded upon in Part 3 of her "Insider" Story. (Sorry, I'm having problems posting links again.)

As a totally irrelevant aside: Julie Anne is getting on my nerves again with her snotty attitudes although I usually like her! The latest is her sanctimonious statement that David Gibbs III is not the same person as David Gibbs, Sr. and that "other sources" are getting this wrong!

Come on, Julie Anne, get off your high-horse! You and many of your commenters obviously read here at this evil "gossip" site and are mining us for information. We figured the Gibbs confusion out and clarified it through discussion days ago. This is not the first time we have posted something first and you picked up on it a few days later! :lol:

Seriously! Beall must be nearly as good an actor as Doug.

I just double-checked. The sole source of this story about Beall and Joshua approaching Bradrick is Julie Anne at Spiritual Sounding Board and the Paris trip was in summer 2011. Julie Anne put it in her summary and timeline section (she's updated that since the last time I looked), but it is expanded upon in Part 3 of her "Insider" Story. (Sorry, I'm having problems posting links again.)

As a totally irrelevant aside: Julie Anne is getting on my nerves again with her snotty attitudes although I usually like her! The latest is her sanctimonious statement that David Gibbs III is not the same person as David Gibbs, Sr. and that "other sources" are getting this wrong!

Come on, Julie Anne, get off your high-horse! You and many of your commenters obviously read here at this evil "gossip" site and are mining us for information. We figured the Gibbs confusion out and clarified it through discussion days ago. This is not the first time we have posted something first and you picked up on it a few days later! :lol:

I can confirm that that is true according to two first hand sources of mine. Allegedly the Tool acted like he was sick in front of Peter and wasn't forthright.

I realize it's all speculation at this point, but if Bradrick and Scott Brown are on the outs, what would be the reason why?

I can't figure out if Scott Brown would be mad at Bradrick for not doing enough to stop Phillips' actions or for not doing enough to keep them quiet.

Brown, for his part, seemed to not hesitate to throw Phillips under the bus as soon as he could. Or is the Brown/Bradrick disagreement about something entirely different?

I do feel for Kelly though. It had to be hard enough with all those kids, but now she doesn't even have her mother nearby (or possibly in touch with her) to help out. I hope her mother-in-law is helpful and not a PITA.

Think behind the scenes stuff related to VFM / NCFIC. Have you noticed how Nolan is unhappy with NCFIC? Nolan's upset with all of those guys.

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/663541043693402?stream_ref=10

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/663725450341628?stream_ref=10

I can confirm that that is true according to two first hand sources of mine. Allegedly the Tool acted like he was sick in front of Peter and wasn't forthright.

It's insane.

Found the photo of the happy couple in Paris - I am a bit disappointed that Doug is wearing a cap and not a beret. This is what a serial molester looks like, happy and smiling with his wife.

becky-gracenotes.blogspot.se/2012/02/new-beginnings-sweet-and-bittersweet.html?spref=fb

Curious, my mind's happily reeling with what graphic you'll put at the top of the "Keep Calm" item, where the crown goes at the top of the original "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters.

A crown with a "no" slash through it?

An open book?

What icon says "leaving patriarchy" behind?

....think think think think think

A fish on a bicycle, of course!

:cracking-up: :dance: :cracking-up: :dance: :cracking-up:

I instantly thought about that Vietnam War-era poster: "War is not healthy for children and other living things." Substitute "patriarchy" for "war," make it "women and children," and maybe we've got something there...

(Yes, I am old!! :lol: )

I've always loved that poster and I like this idea!

I hope N & L aren't mad at Peter for not confronting DP alone. It would have not been safe to confront a narcissistic person alone. Hopefully there is much more to the story. Hopefully someone writes that tell all book one day- hopefully N & L! I am hoping for a lot. Lol They the only ones that woukd tell the the full truth and not likely to sugarcoat anything to spare someone's feelings. They will have to wait till after the lawsuit, if they are even interested at all in writing a book.

Wow. Glad that Nolan called Scott out for that crappy article Brown wrote

Because wives, through the weakness of their sex (for they are the weaker vessels) are much prone to provoke their husbands. So if love is not ruling in the husband, there is likely to be but little peace between husband and wife. Love covers a multitude of imperfections.†p181

Gouge is very bold here. He is implying that a wife's weakness may be in the area of her emotions which may drive her to provoke her husband. Yes, Gouge said what you thought he said: one of the marks of a wife's weakness is that she is "prone" to "provoke" her husband.

How does Scott's wife remain married to him? I can't imagine daily interactions between the two.I'm taking for granted that the article is discussing the verse in Peter that basically says if a man doesn't honor his wife, his prayers won't be heard. Scott and Gouge omitted that part of the passage and somehow interpreted the verse to mean that women can't help aggravating men because that is part of the female nature. Men need to just understand and not expect too much from the weaker sex.

I hope N & L aren't mad at Peter for not confronting DP alone. It would have not been safe to confront a narcissistic person alone. Hopefully there is much more to the story. Hopefully someone writes that tell all book one day- hopefully N & L! I am hoping for a lot. Lol They the only ones that woukd tell the the full truth and not likely to sugarcoat anything to spare someone's feelings. They will have to wait till after the lawsuit, if they are even interested at all in writing a book.

I don't think it has to do with Bradrick not confronting Doug, his buddy and mentor, alone. If Julie Anne and CnD's sources are correct - and they probably are :) - he did try to talk to Doug in Paris. Doug successfully dodged the questions and Bradrick caved.

What Nolan and Lourdes may be well justified in feeling angry about is that Bradrick was informed by reliable sources (Beall and Joshua) that Doug was pursuing Lourdes in summer 2011. Bradrick allowed himself to be snowed, and then kept quiet, sat on his butt and did absolutely nothing about Doug's shenanigans for two years!

Yes, Bradrick finally confronted Doug with the help of the rest of the gang. He then turned into a quivering little jelly bleating more about his own hurt little feelings than apologizing for his failure to intervene properly earlier. The he wiped his FB and ran away to lick his wounds in private because he was afraid of people asking questions!

I don't feel very sorry for the self-aggrandizing Bradrick. He did finally find his balls, but he's hardly conducted himself as a Manly Man of Courage and Defender of Women and Children!

Think behind the scenes stuff related to VFM / NCFIC. Have you noticed how Nolan is unhappy with NCFIC? Nolan's upset with all of those guys.

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/663541043693402?stream_ref=10

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/663725450341628?stream_ref=10

Yes, Nolan has been studying cult behaviors and he's calling out individuals and cults right, left, and center! Including BCA, VFM, Scott Brown and NCFIC.

I have to love Nolan! :)

I think the question has more to do with where Bradrick stands in this. I guess we will find out if the case goes to trial but I'm intrigued. Has Bradrick fallen out with his father-in-law about having confronted Doug and being a catalyst for the collapse of Vision Forum? Is Bradrick, like Nolan, seeing NCFIC as a cult and as having similar patterns as VFM and BCA?

We know that RC Sproul, Jr. is still buddies with Doug the Tool, people like the repulsive Nate Darnell are still openly swigging the Koolaid, but I do wonder where Bradrick stands today.

I've always loved that poster and I like this idea!

I'm really old too!

However, whenever I think of that poster I remember a little boy whose mother worked for Campaign Against the Arms Trade. She put that poster up on the wall of his bedroom and wouldn't let him play with or own toy tanks and toy guns. Whenever he visited other kids houses he played with military toys almost exclusively and people kept his secret. Yes, little A grew up and joined the Marines. :lol:

Speaking of Nolan and Bradrick, Doug Phillips and/or his lawyer made a huge unforced error in their official response to the lawsuit. Doug accused Nolan of profiting from selling the story online. In fact, the 11 page manuscript Nolan was jokingly selling for beer money was not about Doug at all. It was calling out Bradrick!

Forgive me if this has been covered, but do you have a link to Doug Phillips' official response? I've been away from FJ for quite a while (mostly posted way back on Yuku) and I come back to find all this delectable sinning going on, which is genuinely thrilling, I must say! :popcorn2:

Forgive me if this has been covered, but do you have a link to Doug Phillips' official response? I've been away from FJ for quite a while (mostly posted way back on Yuku) and I come back to find all this delectable sinning going on, which is genuinely thrilling, I must say! :popcorn2:

The link to DP's attorney's official response (and a whole lot of other useful links) can be found at Julie Anne's resource page.

Here you go: http://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/ ... urce-page/

Found the photo of the happy couple in Paris - I am a bit disappointed that Doug is wearing a cap and not a beret. This is what a serial molester looks like, happy and smiling with his wife.

Well, isn't that a romantic little photo. :roll:

S6xP97c.jpg

And, with apologies to Edith Piaf, I can only imagine Beall is thinking:

So here we stand beside the Seine

Now that I know he’s such a douche

I’d like to give him one hard “pooshâ€

The bum would sink, a relief.

Lord, this man has got some brass,

I now know he’s an ass,

This ain’t “la vie en rose.â€

I thought he was just a bore,

But now I know there’s more,

He is rotten to the core,

But I fear being poor,

And so I stand and smile.

How can I leave, leave and still get the dough?

I only wish I’d the courage to go!

He’s a sneaky narcissist,

Don’t think I can resist,

I guess I’m stuck!

kFzViYkZAz4

Looks like all the a Vision Forum Facebook comments have been removed. I'm guessing that at least a few of them might have described Doug Phillips as a tool, or whatever the Biblical equivalent would be. Pity--I was looking forward to a good laugh.

Doug Phillips is a tool, by the way.

This makes me laugh. The only lawsuit I was ever involved in was a wrongful termination suit a professor of mine brought against the college after being let go for an inappropriate relationship with a student (it was against their morality clause.) I got subpoenaed because I had approached the dean about their relationship after he started letting her (my peer) grade my work in classes we were in together - he apparently thought I knew more than I did.

Sorry, too much background. Anyway, guy was a crazy narcissist and said a lot of untrue things that got him into trouble during the trial. Told people I and another student had keyed his car, insinuated that I was the one having an affair with another professor in the department, said I was lying because I was mad about my grades (straight A's, thank you kindly.)

Here's to Dougie talking his tool-self into a corner and choking on it.

Well, isn't that a romantic little photo. :roll:

S6xP97c.jpg

And, with apologies to Edith Piaf, I can only imagine Beall is thinking:

So here we stand beside the Seine

Now that I know he’s such a douche

I’d like to give him one hard “pooshâ€

The bum would sink, a relief.

Lord, this man has got some brass,

I now know he’s an ass,

I thought he was just a bore,

But now I know there’s more,

He is rotten to the core,

But I fear being poor,

And so I stand and smile.

How can I leave, leave and still get the dough?

I only wish I’d the courage to go!

He’s a sneaky narcissist,

Don’t think I can resist,

I guess I’m stuck!

kFzViYkZAz4

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Bravo!

Whoa! Jen Fishburne on FB: “I just got served with another lawsuit today. I'm in the middle of another lawsuit. I just broke off a very toxic relationship yesterday. After working so hard to get my daughter off meth, she's back on it again and I can do nothing to help her in her problems this time. I haven't seen my youngest severely disabled daughter in 8 months because her father pulls stupid stunts.â€

facebook.com/Jensgems/posts/10203803326750801?stream_ref=10

Oh, my - a child on meth, anyone on meth, is a sad thing indeed.

(Moment of reflection....)

OK. Came here to mention that Nolan has two LOLDougs on his FB - one compares the tool to Hitler, the other to Captain Morgan. The resemblances between The Tool the other characters are stunning.

Seriously, worth a look.

Archived