IGNORED

Texas GOP Party-Eyerolls highlighted for your enjoyment

mystweaver

Let's not fight. I have Grey Goose and 500 acres in Oklahoma. We'll take the good Texans, kick out the bad Oklahomans and start our own state based on feminism, snark and cake!

Let's save the fighting for the Cotton Bowl and get to kickin'. Just be careful we don't end up with all the bad Texans in Oklahoma and all the bad Oakies in Texas.

Gizmola wrote:

Fuck you too.

Sorry, that was my genes speaking there...

Let's not fight. I have Grey Goose and 500 acres in Oklahoma. We'll take the good Texans, kick out the bad Oklahomans and start our own state based on feminism, snark and cake!

Let's save the fighting for the Cotton Bowl and get to kickin'. Just be careful we don't end up with all the bad Texans in Oklahoma and all the bad Oakies in Texas.

Forgive the bad quoting - I gave up 'cause I'm tipsy.

That's a deal!! :)

Forgive the bad quoting - I gave up 'cause I'm tipsy.

That's a deal!! :)

See you at Fair Park!! Let's :obscene-birdiered: and :obscene-buttsway: and :teasing-neener: and then :greetings-wavegreen:!

"U.S. Department of Energy – We support the elimination of the Department of Energy. " Extraordinary ignorance... 90% of DOE's budget is for stabilization of the country's nuclear arsenal. This is a huge technical challenge because, fortunately, there's a international nuclear test-ban treaty in place and we can't just fire off a couple nukes each fourth of July to see how the stockpile's holding up. One state away, New Mexico, are two large DOE labs, Los Alamos and Sandia, that have as their primary mission, the stabilization of nukes.

And, as an aside, there's 5% of the DOE budget to discover and develop clean energy to the point where private industry can bring it to market. We can ignore this, of course, but then we're screwed when irreversible climate change happens, half of Manhattan goes underwater, and the climate for food production migrates from Nebraska, Illinois, and Iowa, to Saskatchewan and Alberta. Sorry for the geeky post, but studied ignorance ought to be forbidden for people who want to set state and national policy.

"U.S. Department of Energy – We support the elimination of the Department of Energy. " Extraordinary ignorance... 90% of DOE's budget is for stabilization of the country's nuclear arsenal. This is a huge technical challenge because, fortunately, there's a international nuclear test-ban treaty in place and we can't just fire off a couple nukes each fourth of July to see how the stockpile's holding up. One state away, New Mexico, are two large DOE labs, Los Alamos and Sandia, that have as their primary mission, the stabilization of nukes.

And, as an aside, there's 5% of the DOE budget to discover and develop clean energy to the point where private industry can bring it to market. We can ignore this, of course, but then we're screwed when irreversible climate change happens, half of Manhattan goes underwater, and the climate for food production migrates from Nebraska, Illinois, and Iowa, to Saskatchewan and Alberta. Sorry for the geeky post, but studied ignorance ought to be forbidden for people who want to set state and national policy.

Very insightful but I'm sure it has more to do with a natural gas boom here and the companies not wanting to be regulated.

My mom is from Oklahoma. Oklahomans hate Texans; it's in our genes. I knew I came from good stock. Fuck them.

(if you're a liberal, feminist in Texas, then you're off my list. We invite you to emigrate to Oklahoma. At least to our tiny town of Democrats.)

You know why the speed limit on the Turnpike is 75? Cause people want to get the hell outta Oklahoma as quickly as possible! :P

Molly Ivins kicked all kinds of ass too. I will give Texas this -- they produce the occasional woman who just won't take shit from anybody in the best sense.

Did you ever see TV Nation? It was a series by Michael Moore that was on in the mid 90s. In one of the episodes, Moore went to all 50 states in order to shake the governors' hands. When he got to Texas, he walked up to Ann Richards and asked if he could shake her hand. She said, "No, I'm not the governor any more. I don't even have to be nice to you!"

Did you ever see TV Nation? It was a series by Michael Moore that was on in the mid 90s. In one of the episodes, Moore went to all 50 states in order to shake the governors' hands. When he got to Texas, he walked up to Ann Richards and asked if he could shake her hand. She said, "No, I'm not the governor any more. I don't even have to be nice to you!"
Excellent show! Miss Crackers, the Crime-Fighting Chicken!

Oh, don't forget the opposition to critical thinking skills! Cause teaching kids how to think might undermine what their parents are teaching at home...

Goodness. Texas really wants me to not move back after college.

I think about when Ann Richards was our governor and I wonder how we got so far from then to here with Gov. Goodhair.

I do think there remains lots of deep-seated hatred toward Gov. Richards, and much of the hostility from the Republican legislators towards Planned Parenthood comes from that hatred and bitterness--since Gov. Richards' daughter Cecile is the president of PP.

Just my opinion though.

Archived