IGNORED

Josh Beasley's New Flame?

BlueChair

Before you get carried away, FG, read the earlier post by Fundi1:

Who would turn in a friend's photo album to a snark board? Almost every self-professed fundie who drops by here lately seems to be on a mission to confirm that fundies really are the most horrible people to have as friends.

As you've figured out the word "friend" might be too strong, "ex-friend" or "person with first hand knowledge of Josh" might be better. As to the question about his family I think they are mostly aware of how terrible his actions, they were sad to see him get locked up but I don't remember any of them ever saying it was unjust. They just can't seem to see Josh as the criminal he is. Of course I haven't heard everything they've said either. Even he readily admits that no amount of prison time could ever pay for a human life, I mean I don't like the guy but but if you heard any of the court proceedings, or read any of his statements at his parole hearings, I don't think his views are quite what they are made out to be here.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a newbie to this page, I just wanted to add that I am beyond disgusted with Josh and his lunatic family. I reached out to Emily to warn her about Josh and his past. She was offended, defended him, and immediately blocked me. To me it seems like they had a thing for each other while Josh was with Alaina. I could be wrong, but it's not like they would admit it anyway.

Emily was supposedly at Josh and Alaina's wedding and at Alaina's funeral... one too many things are making this look like it wasn't a coincidence that Alaina was out of the picture so fast and Emily had no problem filling in the spot of 'significant other' for Josh so quickly.

Emily was at Josh's wedding and Alaina's funeral, he's been friends with her older brother for 10 years or so. Emily's older brother was an usher at Josh's wedding. Did you ever see Josh and Alaina together? Or talk to Josh about Alaina, or Alaina about Josh? If you did I can't imagine that you could think he had a thing for Emily at that time. Josh is a moron but let's be realistic here.

Guest Anonymous

As you've figured out the word "friend" might be too strong, "ex-friend" or "person with first hand knowledge of Josh" might be better. As to the question about his family I think they are mostly aware of how terrible his actions, they were sad to see him get locked up but I don't remember any of them ever saying it was unjust. They just can't seem to see Josh as the criminal he is. Of course I haven't heard everything they've said either. Even he readily admits that no amount of prison time could ever pay for a human life, I mean I don't like the guy but but if you heard any of the court proceedings, or read any of his statements at his parole hearings, I don't think his views are quite what they are made out to be here.

Reports from the news, including: http://www.ketv.com/r/21106267/detail.html

His brother Caleb can't believe it. "He's not a threat to society. He's not going to do anything like that again. Now he's trying to rebuild his life and 'Bam!' three years are going to be gone. He was going to go back to school. Now it's all for naught. He's going to have to pick himself back up, get a job and who knows what he'll be like when he gets out of prison."

"He's definitely very sorry," says Caleb Beasley. "It just kills him. He's thinking about her constantly. He's very sad and remorseful. But do you want him to go cry in a corner for the next year? He's got to do something with his life."

"Please pray:

For comfort for Josh in the loss of his perfect helpmeet."

Letter to Beasley Family from Josh in Prison:

I had a hard time sleeping last night, I was thinking of last Thanksgiving. There was seemingly so much to be thankful for then; celebrating it for the first time with my new wife. Now I'm just 70335 in a holding tank of felons. I am comforted by the fact that Alaina's soul didn't die just her body, that death is just a temporary separation. But life seems like too long a time to wait. Anyway, I miss you all and wish I could celebrate with you. Hopefully the next two years will go by fast. I feel that I should be entitled to 3 times as much food, or at least dessert, the next time around for Thanksgiving. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Sorry FundifriendofJosh, which bits did I get wrong? :?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. From a guy who pointed a gun at his wife and pulled the trigger. :doh:

Was he the one where the accounts of what happened changed or have their been two fundies who shot their wives? For some reason I thought he originally said that he was cleaning his gun and it went off and then it ended up that he thought it would be fun to pretend to shoot his wife, but didn't care enought to check to see if the gun was unloaded.

I hope their family has at least learned not to play with guns. I would be scared to be around people like that after seeing how little they knew about proper gun safety. Screw that, I think they knew about gun safety they just didn't give a shit so a woman died because of their selfishness.

Christians generally don't believe in marriage in heaven, Mormons being the obvious exception. "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." (Matthew 22:30) Multiple marriages are totally fine as long as they ended acceptably.

i heard a super fundie pastor's wife state that she believes that a man who remarries after his wife's death probably was looking at other women while she was alive so therefore remarrying = lustful.

:shock:

Guest Anonymous
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. From a guy who pointed a gun at his wife and pulled the trigger. :doh:

Was he the one where the accounts of what happened changed or have their been two fundies who shot their wives? For some reason I thought he originally said that he was cleaning his gun and it went off and then it ended up that he thought it would be fun to pretend to shoot his wife, but didn't care enought to check to see if the gun was unloaded.

I hope their family has at least learned not to play with guns. I would be scared to be around people like that after seeing how little they knew about proper gun safety. Screw that, I think they knew about gun safety they just didn't give a shit so a woman died because of their selfishness.

There are two families. The other guy staged a 'crime scene' to make it look like a burglary/shooting, IIRC. This one was not suspicious in that way. The Beasleys are the ones who just didn't think gun ownership rules applied to them. There are photos of them all in a group pointing the gun at a camera, a little while before Josh killed Alaina. To paraphrase Alaina's Dad, her killing may not have been intentional but it was by no means an accident.

I googled and saw all those horrible gun pictures again. He had just taken a gun safety class so he knew better, he just thought he was above it all. He loaded the gun with three bullets, walked into the room, pointed it at her and pulled the trigger. That is not an accident.

Archived