IGNORED

Josh Beasley's New Flame?

BlueChair

Engaged!!!???

I can't access the blog. Am I the only one?

Nope - she's gone private in the last hour or two.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

It was a very sweet post by a young woman who is 'crazy' in love, and very excited by the year they have spent dating each other.

Sadly, the photos on Emily's blog are eerily similar to photos of Josh with Alaina on his sister's blog, and the choice of Valentines Day for his proposal is frighteningly close to the Feb 1 anniversary of the day Josh shot Alaina.

Maybe Emily is making an informed decision on this and maybe Josh has changed, but for me it smacks of a fundie set-up to erase an entirely disposable former wife from their family history and start again with lookalike #2.

jbcollage.jpg

It looks like she was set up with him while he was in prison, or immediately on his release? :?

She says in that blog post (Feb 18 2013):

He was only released from prison in April 2011. sillypippi1.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/special-times.html

We know from Emily's sister - Hillary's blog - that mother Beasley has acted as a mother figure to the Hipps girls since their own mother left and lost custody of them (hhphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/mothers-day.html). And they all attended the same fundie church.

RIP Alaina. Be careful, Emily. :(

eta riffle

"Convinced" her to dress up? "Took her"... rooftop... when in context it sounds like the beginning sequence of a criminal minds episode...

Josh was in my homeschool graduating class. I didn't know him that well, seemed nice but a bit odd, but some of my friends were good friends with him and with Alaina's family, too. It wasn't until I found FreeJinger some years ago and realized exactly why some of the homeschoolers I knew were so odd.

I really fear for her.

As for guns, I can't remember what the court ordered--I think he was to have no contact with guns for a number of years because of his apparent irresponsibility.

Thanks for starting this thread--I hadn't thought about Josh in a while, and it's nice to keep up with what the people back home are doing.

Hah. As an aside, thinking about the Nebraska homeschoolers, it would be hilarious if my dad's website ever ended up on here. He's not fundie in the same way, except they hang out with a fair number of fundie catholic homeschoolers. Not much personal stories to snark on in that regard. And he doesn't post much probably because of privacy (including keeping me out of the loop regarding the little siblings), but the general bad writing and bad website design makes me laugh every time I visit it. It looks like he used every single clip art photograph he had access to.

So...it's ok for her to be hanging out with him " shirtless" OMG how defrauding & sexy at the same time! Then again, I don't think I have the guts to marry him. I'm sure she has a lot of people praying for her. Ha ha

Guest Anonymous
So...it's ok for her to be hanging out with him " shirtless" OMG how defrauding & sexy at the same time! Then again, I don't think I have the guts to marry him. I'm sure she has a lot of people praying for her. Ha ha

I think it is disturbing rather than funny.

Oops sorry. I think that " shirtless" pic is him & the first wife. It still amazes me how diverse fundies can be. The Duggars & Bates would never pose shirtless.

I think it is disturbing rather than funny.

Well I guess they are trying to show us how Christians are suppose to forgive. I sure wouldn't want my sister marrying him. But I'm absolutely certain people are praying. You know these people pray about EVERYTHING!

Guest Anonymous

It was just the 'ha ha' part of your comment I didn't get.

I don't think demonstrating forgiveness has ever been on their agenda because neither Josh Beasley nor his family ever thought Josh did anything wrong. From their perspective it was a tragic accident, which sent Alaina off to an early slot in heaven, and resulted in Josh being unjustly incarcerated. Entitled fucks.

It was just the 'ha ha' part of your comment I didn't get.

I don't think demonstrating forgiveness has ever been on their agenda because neither Josh Beasley nor his family ever thought Josh did anything wrong. From their perspective it was a tragic accident, which sent Alaina off to an early slot in heaven, and resulted in Josh being unjustly incarcerated. Entitled fucks.

Sorry...I just think it's funny that some pray about everything. Praying is a positive thing but when you start praying about your purity at the dinner table...something is wrong. Do u remember when Josh & Anna Duggar went out to dinner with JD & Jana? This was during their engagement. When it was time to bless the food Josh decided it was appropriate to pray for them remaining "pure". What does that have to do with blessing the FOOD?

Guest Anonymous

I don't follow the Duggars and don't personally consider prayer to be a positive thing, but I am familiar with the dynamic of long-winded blessings over food from my former Christian days.

The Beasleys belong to MAC church: millardalliance.com. They are family integrated and have evangelical/fundie beliefs but aren't strictly related to the Duggars, I don't think. Modesty standards seem to be applied more strictly to women than men, going by the bathing photos on various blogs. But, with Josh having shot his first wife dead, I doubt the Beasley family are going to quibble over what his new fiancee wears to the beach. Not till the wedding ring is on her finger, anyway.

As a newbie to this page, I just wanted to add that I am beyond disgusted with Josh and his lunatic family. I reached out to Emily to warn her about Josh and his past. She was offended, defended him, and immediately blocked me. To me it seems like they had a thing for each other while Josh was with Alaina. I could be wrong, but it's not like they would admit it anyway.

Emily was supposedly at Josh and Alaina's wedding and at Alaina's funeral... one too many things are making this look like it wasn't a coincidence that Alaina was out of the picture so fast and Emily had no problem filling in the spot of 'significant other' for Josh so quickly.

Guest Anonymous
As a newbie to this page, I just wanted to add that I am beyond disgusted with Josh and his lunatic family. I reached out to Emily to warn her about Josh and his past. She was offended, defended him, and immediately blocked me. To me it seems like they had a thing for each other while Josh was with Alaina. I could be wrong, but it's not like they would admit it anyway.

Emily was supposedly at Josh and Alaina's wedding and at Alaina's funeral... one too many things are making this look like it wasn't a coincidence that Alaina was out of the picture so fast and Emily had no problem filling in the spot of 'significant other' for Josh so quickly.

Emily has been a member of the MAC Church for a long time, and knew Josh while he was married to Alaina; she would have known all about his past, anyway, so there's no wonder she would have blocked you for that.

Looking at the timeline of events, while Emily may or may not have had a crush on Josh while he was married (there is no evidence for this?), she would have been just as likely to have been taken up in dealing with her family of origin at that time: mum Laura left the family; lots of younger siblings and an angry dad to deal with. I'm inclined to think Josh is way too selfish to have taken all that on, at a time when he was still living it up and apparently having a nice life with Alaina. I think Emily just became a convenient replacement, and a way to move him on from his 'difficult' situation once he was released from prison.

I feel bad for Emily more than anything. She's been sucked into a lie...

As for Josh, I find solace in knowing that he's going to have issues getting into 'heaven'. Two wives = polygamy through the church, right?

Thank you, and yes I am a friend of the Beasley family.

Does the family really how horrible it is that HE SHOT HIS WIFE POINT BLANK IN THE CHEST AND THEN WHINED ABOUT GOING TO PRISON!!!!! I'm screaming that part because what he did was so beyond words awful.

I feel bad for Emily more than anything. She's been sucked into a lie...

As for Josh, I find solace in knowing that he's going to have issues getting into 'heaven'. Two wives = polygamy through the church, right?

It's not polygamy it one wife dies before you marry the second wife.

It's not polygamy it one wife dies before you marry the second wife.

Yes, but once in heaven (if all three are there), wouldn't it be a polygamist relationship?

How does multiple marriages work in their religion or in any religion work? Anyone know? I would assume it's frowned upon regardless of how the initial marriage ended.

I don't know of anyone who frowns on remarriage after the first spouse dies. So I doubt that is raising any eyebrows. Only in this case, it's raising eyebrows b/c of the way she died.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, but once in heaven (if all three are there), wouldn't it be a polygamist relationship?

How does multiple marriages work in their religion or in any religion work? Anyone know? I would assume it's frowned upon regardless of how the initial marriage ended.

Many mainstream Christian groups have no problem with a person re-marrying following the death of a spouse.

Different religions and, within those, different groups, view the issue differently. You need to pick a religion and ask google really. It's fine to go off topic at FJ, but you are asking for a whole RE lesson here...

Guest Anonymous

Does the family really how horrible it is that HE SHOT HIS WIFE POINT BLANK IN THE CHEST AND THEN WHINED ABOUT GOING TO PRISON!!!!! I'm screaming that part because what he did was so beyond words awful.

Before you get carried away, FG, read the earlier post by Fundi1:

I came across some pictures that seem to confirm that Josh and Emily are indeed in a relationship. Here is the link to the album which is public.

http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... nd%20Emily

Who would turn in a friend's photo album to a snark board? Almost every self-professed fundie who drops by here lately seems to be on a mission to confirm that fundies really are the most horrible people to have as friends.

With friends like this, who needs enemies? It appears that being devoted to god, like most of these fundies and fundie friends claim doesn't make you a nice person. It makes you mean. I wonder what the Beasley family did to piss off fundi1?

Christians generally don't believe in marriage in heaven, Mormons being the obvious exception. "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." (Matthew 22:30) Multiple marriages are totally fine as long as they ended acceptably.

Christians generally don't believe in marriage in heaven, Mormons being the obvious exception. "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." (Matthew 22:30) Multiple marriages are totally fine as long as they ended acceptably.

For context, Jesus is saying that in response to the question "Who will a re-married widow be married to when they're all in heaven?" So it is rather explicitly laid out in the Bible. Some Christians, I would imagine, either aren't aware of the verse or don't quite feel comfortable with it, but even then, I think it's only a vague "I wonder what will happen...?" question, rather than a reason to think widows and widowers should ever remarry. I have never come across that view (frowning upon the remarriage) among Christians in general.

So as Rachel points out, only the Mormon view says anything against it -- because in Mormon theology, marriages explicitly continue in heaven and are, in fact, largely the point of it. Women can't have multiple husbands on earth OR in heaven, which means that a widow who remarries will only be able to have a marriage relationship with one of those husbands in the afterlife.

I've never heard of any other Christian denomination having any problem with people remarrying after a spouse's death.

FYI, the Hipps and Beasleys both attend the Millard Alliance Church, or at least the Hipps did for years. The Beasleys still do. Thus, the connection. The families have known each other for a decade or more.

I read that as "an alliance of mallards",as in ducks, :lol:

No marriage in heaven.....

Matthew 22:23-33

New International Version (NIV)

Marriage at the Resurrection

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,†they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?â€

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[a]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.â€

Archived