IGNORED

Josh Beasley's New Flame?

BlueChair

Guest Anonymous

*Shudder.*

Interestingly, according to Laura's story, Dale Hipps has gotten married and divorced again since their split. I didn't even know that was possible in fundieworld.

From what I can make out from NLQ, Laura and Dale Hipps owned a farm, and Dale Hipps also led a homechurch which met at the farm. Vyckie and her family also belonged to the same homechurch, which is how they knew each other before they started NLQ. I guess if Dale Hipps was the leader, or at least, a leader, then he could spin his divorce stories to the sheeple, in whichever way best suited him. It was the sort of mysoginistic church in which apparently, Vyckie's daughter Angel was shamed for wearing a sleeveless summer dress as a little girl,. If a church can blame a little girl for 'causing' boys to lust after her, then I am sure they can happily blame an ex-wife or two for causing a man to divorce them....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I have a fair bit of experience in the whole child custody battle arena, I am hoping maybe I can shed some light into how the custody of those poor kids likely played out.

First of all, the first thing a lawyer will tell you is don't leave the house and don't leave your kids. By leaving, her husband became the defacto custodial parent, and unless she could prove some significant abuse, was the parent most likely to maintain custody. She could have argued abuse, but without some sort of concrete proof, they can easily counter argue "You left the children there."

Second, the father was likely the most financially stable, and the mother had mental illnesses. Mental illness is a huge stigma in family court.

Third, leaving their religious belief system may have hurt her. In general, when it comes to religious disputes between parents, the courts tend to side with the belief system that existed prior to the divorce, for the sake of "stability." Another factor in custody is which parent is likely to be the most stable in allowing visitation. It could be argued because she disagreed with her husband's religious views and wanted to remove the children from those beliefs, she would cause significant damage to the relationship between the children and their father.

Going back and changing custody is hard. Either both parents have to agree, or there has to be egregious abuse. One thing people don't seem to understand is "significant change of circumstance" when it comes to child custody doesn't mean change for the non-custodial parent. It means a significant change in the child's situation. A non-custodial parent having a more stable life is not enough. It is reasonable she could have fought for more time with her children, however if you are paying support for 10 kids, it's very difficult to be able to afford the lawyer, court costs, time off work, ect.

Alecto, what are your thoughts on the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise custody battle over Suri? Katie, like Laura, left because of religion. Even though we aren't sure if Laura fought for sole or even joint custody, we do know she ended up without it. How do you see the proceedings playing out for Katie?

Alecto, what are your thoughts on the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise custody battle over Suri? Katie, like Laura, left because of religion. Even though we aren't sure if Laura fought for sole or even joint custody, we do know she ended up without it. How do you see the proceedings playing out for Katie?

I think Katie has 2 distinct advantages:

1. She has a divorce lawyer for a father.

2. She has money to fight.

She keenly took advantage of leaving AND taking Suri with her. I don't know that Scientology will come up, because that might involve the courts looking at the doctrines of Scientology.

Though to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if this divorce is NOT over Scientology, but over Tom having an affair.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Laura's second daughter Hillary just got engaged. She put a picture of the two of them on Facebook and wrote:

This picture = My Engagement ring that Mark gave me at a symbol of his love to me, and my purity ring (that daddy gave me) that I gave Mark as a symbol of my love for him and of the promise I made to uphold my chastity and purity for him.

Dear Mark, I give you this ring as a symbol of my hymen ... :(

It is a beautiful ring, but it is a band. I wonder if she'll wear two bands (engagement and wedding), and what that will look like together. I hope it doesn't detract from the beauty of her engagement ring.

• 5 months later...
It looks like Laura's second daughter Hillary just got engaged. She put a picture of the two of them on Facebook and wrote:

Dear Mark, I give you this ring as a symbol of my hymen ... :(

I may or may not have done a spit-take at this. I know it's sad, but hearing it phrased like that is HILARIOUS.

Well, they certainly don't look like your garden-variety fundies with all those shirtless pictures.

Nice bike, he seems to be doing well for an excon. Better than most.

Well you know how it goes, shoot your wife, complain about the 11 months you do in prison, then get a motorcycle and a new fundy virgin at no extra charge. All part of God's provision

Do we think the new lady knows about Josh's past? I have to say, I'd be very uneasy dating anyone who killed their last spouse, accidentally or otherwise.

Well you know how it goes, shoot your wife, complain about the 11 months you do in prison, then get a motorcycle and a new fundy virgin at no extra charge. All part of God's provision

Speshul snowflake.

• 1 month later...
Her old guest post on "God's view on Gun control" (wonky capitalizations hers, as apparently God and Guns both deserve an uppercase) is particularly awesome, since her sister appears to be dating a guy who shot and killed his wife while playing an "intruder game" with a loaded weapon.

hhphotography.blogspot.no/2010/03/guest-post-gods-view-on-gun-control.html

Oh, that must be from the long lost part of the bible that mentions God's view on gun control that I'm always hearing so much about.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/1375#.USL1xaWsiSo

Just digging up the history on this guy for our newer members

After release:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/6578#.USL2Q6WsiSo

The "prayer request page"

convictionpoint.blogspot.com/2009/02/beasley-prayer-update.html

The sister's page (with the relevant info deleted)

sillypippi1.blogspot.com/

A lot of it is quoted on the yuku page.

I seriously cannot believe he's marrying again. I can only hope there will be NO GUNS!

ETA - link from this forum (not yuku)

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2434

It's interesting to me how their engagement story doesn't mention the first wife in any way, shape, or form. I don't necessarily think she needs to be prominently featured, but it seems a small note might be in order. It's almost like he got a mulligan. I would be very hurt if my daughter had been the one who passed away.

Bringing "the letter" over from the other thread:

Anna Beasley's blog contains these letters from Josh, sent hile he was in prison. At best he comes across as an arrogant, entitled shit who has had his toys taken off him for a while:

Josh sent us a letter with this letter enclosed to be read at Church for Thanksgiving...I thought that you all might enjoy it too!

Of the things that I am thankful for this year, the first and foremost is Jesus Christ and His redemptive work. The fact that He has conquered death means that our souls never die; only the physical body passes away. Because He rose from the dead, death is only a temporary separation. He is the great healer and He is in the business of resurrection and renewal. I am thankful that He, and He alone, not time or anything else, holds the keys to healing. I can say first hand with the apostle Paul, “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, be it well few or hungry whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.†I am thankful for this strength, and for the fact that he is the comforter of the down trodden and broken hearted.

I am also thankful for all the support, the prayers, books and visits that you and others have given me. You have been an immense encouragement to me, thank you. I sit here writing this alone in my cell. I struggle on every front. My cellmate is a pagan witch, I am locked up with 500 drug dealers, rapists, and other felons. But as Paul wrote, “I am dying yet I live; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing yet possessing everything.†“I am hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.â€

In the last year I went from having everything I’d dreamed of and sharing it with the girl of my dreams to being in prison with nothing. And although my own strength failed long ago overwhelmed by unspeakable grief and unable to function, I am thankful for God’s strength and his love. Romans 8:38, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, not any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else at all, will be able to separate us from the love of God.†Enjoy all the good food for me, hopefully I will be able to join you two years from now.

Joshua Beasley

Also, an excerpt from a letter sent to our family:

I had a hard time sleeping last night, I was thinking of last Thanksgiving. There was seemingly so much to be thankful for then; celebrating it for the first time with my new wife. Now I'm just 70335 in a holding tank of felons. I am comforted by the fact that Alaina's soul didn't die just her body, that death is just a temporary separation. But life seems like too long a time to wait. Anyway, I miss you all and wish I could celebrate with you. Hopefully the next two years will go by fast. I feel that I should be entitled to 3 times as much food, or at least dessert, the next time around for Thanksgiving. :-) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

"And remember, that the love of God can not take us

where the grace of God can not keep us!"

This is revolting. I hope, at least, that he's prohibited from ever owning or being around firearms again, for the rest of his life.

Guest Anonymous

It looks like she was set up with him while he was in prison, or immediately on his release? :?

She says in that blog post (Feb 18 2013):

Then, right after Valentine's Day, one year and 2 days after they started dating....

He convinced her to dress up in fancy clothes, and took her to a fancy dinner. Where they got to do something crazy, like eat snails...

And then he took her to this special rooftop, where almost 2 years before she had first started to really fall for him. And when she was least expecting it, he asked her to marry him. She thought maybe she had for real gone crazy and had to ask if he was serious. Crazy thing? He was....

He was only released from prison in April 2011. sillypippi1.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/special-times.html

We know from Emily's sister - Hillary's blog - that mother Beasley has acted as a mother figure to the Hipps girls since their own mother left and lost custody of them (hhphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/mothers-day.html). And they all attended the same fundie church.

RIP Alaina. Be careful, Emily. :(

eta riffle

And now for the engagement announcement...

beeautifulthings.blogspot.com/2013/02/once-upon-time.html

Engaged!!!???

I can't access the blog. Am I the only one?

Archived