IGNORED

Josh Beasley's New Flame?

BlueChair

I don't see anything wrong with her not taking the kids initially, simply because when it comes to the basic necessities of life (shelter, food, etc), her ex-husband was able to provide those at the time while she was not. However, I still find it odd that once she was stable, she appears to have left the situation as-is. And I find it really odd that (before she took her story down fron NLQ and stepped back from it), she was advocating strongly against a dangerous lifestyle that she basically left her kids (particularly her daughters) in.

If she left the children, she might have had not legal ability to get them back. I don't understand leaving your children in such a bad situation either but I haven't had any type of mental breakdown.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Thanks Valsa. The only post I ever saw on NLQ was her 'goodbye' post which said, I think that she was happy in a new relationship but missing her kids. Wow. Whatever the cause of the abandonment it leaves massive issues for the kids left behind. Whatever kinds of crazy the Beasleys represent, They are clearly a very close family and maybe that is a big enough attraction for laura's daughter that it overrides any red flags about them. :(

If she left the children, she might have had not legal ability to get them back. I don't understand leaving your children in such a bad situation either but I haven't had any type of mental breakdown.

I believe you can petition the court for a change in a custody agreement but you do have to be able to prove a major change in cirumstance (I personally think "I was suffering a mental breakdown and fleeing from an abusive marriage then, but I'm stable and mentally healthy now" should count as a major change) I guess I just think it's hinky because I don't remember reading about her even trying, or thinking about trying, to get the situation changed.

Though this whole thing makes me want to thank my mother, who also suffered a mental breakdown (including having to be hospitalized) when my dad first kicked us out of the house, but who kept me away from the abusive asshole.

Emily apparently has her own blog:

beeautifulthings.blogspot.com

Why do all these people have blgos?? I know very few people who blogs and not with that much effort.

She doesn't seem that fundie. Sleeveless shirts, trousers, unchaperoned road trip with Josh. Or are they married already?

The page views show another Aussie was on the site a while ago - I assume most visits are from here - own up, who's the other Aussie? :D

valsa - from what I can remember, Laura's story was still unfinished when she stopped contributing. She may have tried later but we never reached that point. (Or she may not have tried, obviously. I have no idea.)

Wow, this didn't take long at all. How long has he been out of prison? I would love to have heard their conversations about his first wife's death. I wonder how her family feels about him moving on.

This is off topic, a bit, but whatever became of the fundy girl who is accused of child molestation or something? I can't remember her name to look her up, but I was so fascinated by her story. The last I read, there were some thoughts on FJ that she was possibly being set up or something. It broke my heart for her!

Wow, this didn't take long at all. How long has he been out of prison? I would love to have heard their conversations about his first wife's death. I wonder how her family feels about him moving on.

This is off topic, a bit, but whatever became of the fundy girl who is accused of child molestation or something? I can't remember her name to look her up, but I was so fascinated by her story. The last I read, there were some thoughts on FJ that she was possibly being set up or something. It broke my heart for her!

Priscilla something

FYI, the Hipps and Beasleys both attend the Millard Alliance Church, or at least the Hipps did for years. The Beasleys still do. Thus, the connection. The families have known each other for a decade or more.

Guest Anonymous
valsa - from what I can remember, Laura's story was still unfinished when she stopped contributing. She may have tried later but we never reached that point. (Or she may not have tried, obviously. I have no idea.)

She made an anniversary post after her first year out of her marriage, and apparently had a 'wonderful' time finding out who she was and what she liked:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerqu ... ary-laura/

Another later post tells a more harrowing story, but suggests all is well with the kids by then?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerqu ... /by-laura/

I guess there was more going on behind the scenes, but she put that out there for everyone, including her kids, to see. I could see why the kids might struggle with all that.

Edit to add extra link.

Guest Anonymous
FYI, the Hipps and Beasleys both attend the Millard Alliance Church, or at least the Hipps did for years. The Beasleys still do. Thus, the connection. The families have known each other for a decade or more.

Here is an interesting post, where Hillary describes Mrs Beasley as having been like a Mom to her, written around the time Laura had abandoned the children, and while Josh was in prison. Was Mrs Beasley possibly beginning a process that would groom Hillary to be a replacement wife for Josh.....? :(

Thanks for introducing me to this family. I never read Laura's story and I find her kid's blogs (well, Hillary's) very interesting. The Christmas thing just breaks my heart and makes ME angry at Dale.

It seems like some of them are growing away from fundie-ness. Hillary moved out of her father's house and has a real job.

I keep coming back to this thread, thinking I want to say something. (This is very inadequate, I know) This whole thing just makes me sad. I just think that, while somewhat understandable considering the history, Hillary is jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Guest Anonymous

On Anna Beasley's blog there is a post dedicated to Josh on his 25th birthday:

His chosen bible verse is Micah 7:8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise!. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

It is a chapter where the prophet Micah laments the way in which the righteous were being persecuted in an ungodly nation, in times so bad that friends will betray each other and judges will accept bribes from the rich, to corrupt the law.

Hmm, I wonder what was on his mind when he chose that verse.... :think:

Josh and his family seem to be such arrogant, insensitive, self-centred fucks it is hard to imagine any sane girl going within a mile of him, and impossible to imagine the sane family of a young girl allowing a courtship to develop. Enter stage-left a young girl whose father has been a lifelong controlling dick, and whose mother, to whom she was previously close, abandoned her and spewed the family's dirty linen all over the internet because, in her own words, she felt that the healing benefits to herself were more important than the pain her writing at NLQ caused to her children. (patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2010/03/nlq-anniversary-post-by-laura/)

Poor lonely Hillary was comforted by poor, hurting mom of the desperately wronged Josh Beasley and the path was laid for a new relationship. Two young people with dark stories in their past..... except poor Hillary was not the victim, not the perpetrator in her own dark story. :(

On Anna Beasley's blog there is a post dedicated to Josh on his 25th birthday:

His chosen bible verse is Micah 7:8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise!. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

It is a chapter where the prophet Micah laments the way in which the righteous were being persecuted in an ungodly nation, in times so bad that friends will betray each other and judges will accept bribes from the rich, to corrupt the law.

Hmm, I wonder what was on his mind when he chose that verse.... :think:

Josh and his family seem to be such arrogant, insensitive, self-centred fucks it is hard to imagine any sane girl going within a mile of him, and impossible to imagine the sane family of a young girl allowing a courtship to develop. Enter stage-left a young girl whose father has been a lifelong controlling dick, and whose mother, to whom she was previously close, abandoned her and spewed the family's dirty linen all over the internet because, in her own words, she felt that the healing benefits to herself were more important than the pain her writing at NLQ caused to her children. (patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2010/03/nlq-anniversary-post-by-laura/)

Poor lonely Hillary was comforted by poor, hurting mom of the desperately wronged Josh Beasley and the path was laid for a new relationship. Two young people with dark stories in their past..... except poor Hillary was not the victim, not the perpetrator in her own dark story. :(

Just one small correction. It's Emily, the oldest daughter, that appears to be with Josh. Hillary is daughter number two.

...Josh and his family seem to be such arrogant, insensitive, self-centred fucks it is hard to imagine any sane girl going within a mile of him, and impossible to imagine the sane family of a young girl allowing a courtship to develop. Enter stage-left a young girl whose father has been a lifelong controlling dick, and whose mother, to whom she was previously close, abandoned her and spewed the family's dirty linen all over the internet because, in her own words, she felt that the healing benefits to herself were more important than the pain her writing at NLQ caused to her children. (patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2010/03/nlq-anniversary-post-by-laura/)

You said it better than I did.

Guest Anonymous

Just one small correction. It's Emily, the oldest daughter, that appears to be with Josh. Hillary is daughter number two.

Thank you for the correction. That is an important point! :)

Still, it looks as though Mrs Beasley's behaviour in comforting the girls took place with an ulterior motive in mind....

Back onto Laura's story, which I see now is still up on NLQ in full, as far as she posted it: how many children does she have and is she reconciled to all of them? I couldn't tell if the names she listed in the final part of the story made up the full complement of children, or if she was using weasel words to give the appearance that all was forgiven there.

If he had done the evil thing of divorce, re-marriage probably would be looked down on. But since he just shot and killed her, he is good to go find a new woman to take care of him.

Guest Anonymous
If he had done the evil thing of divorce, re-marriage probably would be looked down on. But since he just shot and killed her, he is good to go find a new woman to take care of him.

Looking at his sister's blog, I am seeing even more detail of the horror that I missed last time round.

He shot his wife dead on 1 Feb 2009 and by 8 April of the same year, he had moved out of their shared apartment and made plans to move in with a friend, so he could study at University and play basketball with his friends and brother that Fall. Unfortunately, the court intervened and he was made to spend Thanksgiving locked up with sinners and felons instead. Poor lad.

He even posed for photographs, as he moved his dead wife's possessions out of the marital home that they had only shared for 3 months before he shot her dead.

Apparently, according to Josh's sister Anna, Alaina was a 'stubborn redhead' and Josh was 'sneaky'.

Run, Emily Hipps, please run. :(

*Shudder.*

Interestingly, according to Laura's story, Dale Hipps has gotten married and divorced again since their split. I didn't even know that was possible in fundieworld.

He shot his wife dead on 1 Feb 2009 and by 8 April of the same year, he had moved out of their shared apartment and made plans to move in with a friend, so he could study at University and play basketball with his friends and brother that Fall. Unfortunately, the court intervened and he was made to spend Thanksgiving locked up with sinners and felons instead. Poor lad.

He even posed for photographs, as he moved his dead wife's possessions out of the marital home that they had only shared for 3 months before he shot her dead.

Seriously? That's awful! There was some speculation he felt too trapped, and the trying to move out early would seem to support that. But there was also evidence that the couple was allowed to spend time together alone and grow into their relationship comparatively slowly for fundies, so who knows.

I find Anna's blog incredibly creepy. They basically don't see how Josh could have done anything bad or negligent...I know they are related to him but gee, I would at least be quiet about the situation, they are seriously nuts, with the comments they made to the medial too. I don't know why people want to marry them. Also it's funny how all the boys are getting married but not the girls. They have...interesting faces

Seriously? That's awful! There was some speculation he felt too trapped, and the trying to move out early would seem to support that. But there was also evidence that the couple was allowed to spend time together alone and grow into their relationship comparatively slowly for fundies, so who knows.

I find Anna's blog incredibly creepy. They basically don't see how Josh could have done anything bad or negligent...I know they are related to him but gee, I would at least be quiet about the situation, they are seriously nuts, with the comments they made to the medial too. I don't know why people want to marry them. Also it's funny how all the boys are getting married but not the girls. They have...interesting faces

The Beasley seem to have liberal courting rules. Joe and Rachel have been together four(?) years I think. Maybe Josh regretted marrying Alaina.

Guest Anonymous

Even if the shooting was unintended, which it very well may have been, the red flags for me are all in josh and his family's attitude to the incident. He comes across as a completely over-indulged and super-entitled dick who thinks only of his own comfort. His family are self-indulgent gun-toting idiots who can't even keep their feet out of their mouths when speaking or writing about themselves in public. How can that lead to happy relationships for the poor sods who marry into the family?

Even if the shooting was unintended, which it very well may have been, the red flags for me are all in josh and his family's attitude to the incident. He comes across as a completely over-indulged and super-entitled dick who thinks only of his own comfort. His family are self-indulgent gun-toting idiots who can't even keep their feet out of their mouths when speaking or writing about themselves in public. How can that lead to happy relationships for the poor sods who marry into the family?

I agree completely, there was no admission of guilt (accidental or otherwise) or repentence or upset that her life was over (they thought that was a good thing). And their dangerous use of guns before (and probably since) was well-documented.

Archived