IGNORED

Wives, be like ducklings

dairyfreelife

we should be like ducks-in-a-row lined up behind our husbands (metaphorically speaking), following the way he leads and having our family be a visible expression of his heart and purpose before the Lord.

teachingwhatisgood.com/post-from-the-past-friday-where-we-went-wrong/

Yeah I'm not going to tread in my husband's shit, no matter what the bible says.

If I tried that, my husband would be asking what was wrong with me. He married an equal partner, not a child.

If I tried that, my husband would be asking what was wrong with me. He married an equal partner, not a child.

My fiancee would wonder what was wrong with me if I tried that, and convince me into getting therapy because my ex-husband was abusive because I wasn't submissive enough.

I'm such a nerd that I thought of the show House. Fans refer to the doctors working under him as "ducklings."

I'm my own person, not an appendage. I have my own thoughts, feelings, wants, needs, and ideals. Some of them I share with my husband. Others are the exact opposite. I refuse to change who I am just because I got married. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not a prison.

This view of marriage that fundamentalists have is unhealthy. No wonder these women seem so sad and hostile.

What if he thought he was marrying an actual duck though? ;)

My husband's pet name for me is actually "Duck". And even I don't follow behind. Well, unless we're going down stairs and that way he can break my fall. (I'm pretty uncoordinated.)

I'm my own person, not an appendage. I have my own thoughts, feelings, wants, needs, and ideals. Some of them I share with my husband. Others are the exact opposite. I refuse to change who I am just because I got married. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not a prison.

This view of marriage that fundamentalists have is unhealthy. No wonder these women seem so sad and hostile.

It's a vicious cycle. They can't admit they are unhappy. To admit they are unhappy, or that maybe their husbands aren't all that. They not only believe that happiness (which they seem to tout left to right) isn't that important. But, if you're unhappy, or if things aren't working out, it means you're not 'submitting enough' or being a good enough Christian. It's a horrible vicious trap these women find themselves in where, no matter what, they get the blame.

meanwhile, what a completely intolerable level of responsibility, to be the Headship.

Not even factoring in a SOTDRT-level edumacation, that's just a really crazy-for-no-reason level of responsibility for anyone.

Ducklings grow up to be ducks. If they're domesticated ducks, they get eaten.

A fate similar to that which awaits any woman idiot enough to follow her husband uncritically.

I'm disappointed that she had to explain that she was using figurative language. I had this great image of fundie women eating bread crusts, fighting off giant eels and pooping in the park by the pond.

I'm disappointed that she had to explain that she was using figurative language. I had this great image of fundie women eating bread crusts, fighting off giant eels and pooping in the park by the pond.
I would so pay to see that.

Ironically it's the Mama duck little ducklings follow behind, not Daddy. Kate might have to come up with a different metaphor.

Why would I want to be like a baby animal? I am not a baby animal, I am capable of making a baby animal, but I'm not one.

I am happy to be small and fuzzy, but I will not follow anyone around.

What if he thought he was marrying an actual duck though? ;)

My husband's pet name for me is actually "Duck". And even I don't follow behind. Well, unless we're going down stairs and that way he can break my fall. (I'm pretty uncoordinated.)

If these womwn keep blindly following their husband, they're going to follow him off a cliff and not see it coming. What animal is said to do that? I dont think that animal actually does that but thats what this made me think of. You'd think people who talk about following God's will so much would assume God gave them the ability to think for themselves for a reason

Uh...did you see Kate's picture on that blog? She's not only a duckling, she's an ugly duckling!

Guest Anonymous
If these womwn keep blindly following their husband, they're going to follow him off a cliff and not see it coming. What animal is said to do that? I dont think that animal actually does that but thats what this made me think of. You'd think people who talk about following God's will so much would assume God gave them the ability to think for themselves for a reason

Are they sure they mean ducklings, and not lemmings?

Archived