IGNORED

Fundie Super Attractiveness

JesusFightClub

Female fundies seem to spend a massive amount of time worrying that they are defrauding men. Why is this?

Do they believe they are so attractive every bloke who sees them will be overwhelmed with lust? If so, why do they believe that? Exfundies here, and kinda-fundies, what were/are you taught about this?

I am not attractive and I never think about it at all. I'm a punk as well and I shave my head. My main concern is "are my genitals covered" or on, um, special occasions "do I have a dark hoodie and a mask available". Worrying about attracting inappropriate lustful feelings is not on my list of concerns and never has been.

So is it that all fundie girls are utter stunners so that a carelessly untucked or too tight shirt will cause all the men round about to die of prolonged boners, or what? Why this emphasis on tiny dress decisions or accidents?

I seem to get the gist that it's not necessarily being attractive that turns men on in fundie land, it is the very showing of any female flesh/body part that supposedly sets any male off.

I'm interested in how VF men describe there women....they like to use the word "sturdy" which makes me think of when Borat said he wanted a woman with plow skills lol. But then you look at day, Kelly BRADRICK and she is conventionally pretty...not really "sturdy.". I tend to think sturdy applies more to women who play rugby...I can tell from personal experience a woman needs to be sturdy to play that game!

fundy men are attracted to a "sweet countenance" which it think means hot ass or something.

Totally, p&c! I played rugby as a kid (I stand five foot tall now with weight to match so wouldn't be much good nowadays).

So it's basically sexual repression which causes the mad level of lust they seem to experience from men? Not being a bloke, I asked my brothers what they found attractive in women (my view on this being different). They said "If she's pretty" and "If she's interested in you" and "If you can talk about things with her". Not "If you can see that she has breasts" or "If she is wearing defrauding trousers" or "If she is wearing a tightly knitted sweater" or "If you can imagine X thing about her as her sleeve has rolled up slightly".

Dunno about fundie boys, but I'd be happy with a figure like that...

Fundie boys and men are so horny that the mere suggestion of a woman's sexuality (say, the exposure of skin or an attractive figure) sends them into an orgy of lust.

I would agree that it is the repression that makes anything female sexual. I always felt in high school that you could tell the couples who were having sex because they didn't have excessive PDA. It was the virgins who seemed to be making out in the halls.

By the time I had a boyfriend that I finally felt like I might want to have sex with, I think it consumed most of my thoughts until we finally did.

In my thirties, I went through a period of fundiness. When I became a Christian, I really wanted to follow my religion as close as possible so I made the mistake of reading online. Part of the problem is that the bible tells women to be modest but doesn't really say what modesty means. So, I looked toward sites like LAF to help me. No matter how hard you try not to, it becomes very difficult to say un obsessed with the topic once you enter the LAF mindset.

I never told people why I dressed modestly. It sounded very arrogant to say that I was protecting men from being turned on. As a very short, breastless female, I can't imagine that most men see me as more then a friend. And to make matters worse, I strongly suspect that despite my long skirts, one of my fellow church members did get a slight crush on me. :shock:

It seems silly for a me, a woman in her mid forties, to protect kids my son's age from lusting after me. I don't think that most young men are looking at me as a potential sexual partner. Even if I suddenly ran around naked, they would be more alarmed then excited.

Women are told that their clothing should prevent a man from lusting but they are also told to be pretty and feminine. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find a balance between these two conflicting rules. The female body IS feminine so hiding it away is the opposite of being feminine.

The expectations that women are responsbile for male sexual lust makes male fundies angry at women too.

It seems silly for a me, a woman in her mid forties, to protect kids my son's age from lusting after me. I don't think that most young men are looking at me as a potential sexual partner. Even if I suddenly ran around naked, they would be more alarmed then excited.

LOL, I had this experience the other day, in a one piece bathing suit at our municipal pool. My son's best friend was lifeguarding, and i can tell you that the look on his face at seeing me in all my lumpy, varicosed vein glory was the polar opposite of lustful. If they're concerned about men dissolving into puddles of lust they should have me pay them a visit in my swimming gear.

I used to read hijabi fashion blogs during the brief period where I covered my head out of quasi-religious sentiment. I seem to remember arguments about how covering the face- wearing niqab- could be taken as vanity as it was not necessarily mandated by the Qur'an, and was instead seen as worrying that you were too attractive and should cover everything out of desire not to cause men to stumble by revealing your face.

I don't think it was a widely held view, though.

Every time I hear about the whole modesty issue I can't help but think of something one of the televangelists my dad and stepmom love to watch so much said about it. He summed up my feelings perfectly by saying if you get turned on by seeing an elbow, armpit, or knee you're the one with issues. He made it pretty clear that he thought anyone that repressed and horny was some kind of a deviant.

Archived