IGNORED

Happy Rapture Day!

Alecto

One year. My what a year it has been. Thanks to everyone who keeps the site up and going. Apparently, not everyone is as happy. Dougie has put in a help-desk ticket.

29mvy8j.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twin2, I am currently, drunkenly warbling "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings" to you, with slightly naughtier lyrics. You're hawt.

Happy Rapture Day!! Many thanks to Alecto, treemom and Austin and all the mods. You do a super job!

:banana-dreads: :banana-dance: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock:

Happy Rapture Day from another mostly-lurker. I've learned so much from visiting both boards and am so excited about the upcoming Wiki. Big, big thanks to Alecto, Austin, treemom and all mods who make FJ possible! :clap:

One year. My what a year it has been. Thanks to everyone who keeps the site up and going. Apparently, not everyone is as happy. Dougie has put in a help-desk ticket.

29mvy8j.png

Tell me you clicked submit!

A belated, but nonetheless heartfelt, Happy Rapture Day. And thanks to the mods for all the work you do.

I love you all (well, mostly) and have been honored to serve as an FJ admin. I have been away for the last few weeks living it up with my man, eating indulgently, and drinking copious amounts of tequila but FJ is never too far from my mind.

I am thankful for all our mods and everyone from whom I learn so much - happy (belated) Rapture Day to all FJers!

I love you all (well, mostly) and have been honored to serve as an FJ admin. I have been away for the last few weeks living it up with my man, eating indulgently, and drinking copious amounts of tequila but FJ is never too far from my mind.

I am thankful for all our mods and everyone from whom I learn so much - happy (belated) Rapture Day to all FJers!

I'd be happy for you if I wasn't so damn jealous. ;) :lol:

I actually do have a friend that lives near Quebec that makes vagina cupcakes. If I lived closer, I'd order a bunch for the Hive!

Lol, where? I need to see these myself! :lol:

Happy rapture! I feel like a newbie after all these months posting here. Thanks to all for making this place fun!

Ronald Weinland, the head of a Herbert W. Armstrong (Worldwide Church of God) offshoot called "The Church of God-Preparing for the Kingdom of God" was found guilty last week of tax evasion for the years 2004-2008. He is currently out on $300K bail with an ankle monitor, awaiting his sentencing in late September. (More details here: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2012 ... nav%7Chead )

Weinland is the most recent loser of the Rapture sweepstakes. He'd preached that Jesus was going to return on May 27, 2012, which has obviously passed. He's since revised that to next year due to some jiggery figuring. However, it appears likely he will be a guest of the US federal government at that time (and I rather doubt Jesus will be returning next year at Pentecost either).

The "Don't Drink the Flavor-Aid" blog has been following Weinland's shenanigans for years and a couple of the jurors from the trial showed up and gave their opinions at this blog post (not broken, don't think Mike would mind): http://ronaldweinland.info/falseprophet ... ands-jury/

If you want to see what the IRS is looking for when prosecuting someone for tax evasion, this is as good a look as any from a layperson's perspective. Lot of interesting information about the way Weinland was spending his money promoting his theory of Jesus' return, including heavy investments in Google Ad Words.

The COG-PKG isn't like the usual fundies we snark on here, but they are different. They're end of the world types who worship on Saturday and think everyone else is going to hell when Jesus is coming back. They also think Herbert W. Armstrong was the greatest. :barf:

Happy Belated Rapture day, and thank you always to Alecto, Treemom and Austin. My life would be so much less interesting and fun without this site.

Archived