IGNORED

Happy Rapture Day!

Alecto

It doesn't feel like it's been a year since we abandoned the sinking Yuku ship and struck out on our own for new and adventurous waters. However, today, June 15, marks the day we closed down Yuku FJ and officially were raptured to our new home - Freejinger.org!

In this past year, we've had a lot of changes - we've had some growing pains trying to figure out how to best manage having our own place. I know there have been decisions made not everyone has agreed with, but we have tried very hard to keep with the mission of Free Jinger while also balancing the need to keep the community manageable.

I want to give my most humble thanks to two people that have been paramount to FJ's success - Austin and Treemom. I feel lucky that I can call them not only my admins, but also my friends. Also, I want to thank the mod team who has put so much time, effort and hard work into making sure that FJ runs like a well oiled machine.

I have a very exciting development for FJ coming up! After batting around a few new ventures for FJ, we ultimately decided that a blog just didn't fit our style, but what we really need is a repository for FJ information. So, soon we will be launching the Free Jinger Wiki! Details on this will be coming early next week.

Also, one final bit of news - as some of your know, freejinger.com was owned by spammers when we first tried to find domains for this site. Their domain expired, and I am pleased to announce I found out today that we now own freejinger.com! We are in the process of having the site transferred over. This was very important to us because personally, I didn't like the idea someone else might be able to direct traffic away from us, and possibly give misleading information. So as of right now, we own all the major top level domains of Freejinger! (.org, .net, .com, and .co)

I hope this next year is as amazing as this one has been! Thank you to ALL of your for making FJ the thriving, fierce and kick ass community it is!

With love,

Alecto

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thee (million) cheers for Alecto! You're an amazing site owner and I'm also proud to call you and many other here my good friends.

:romance-grouphug:

An information wiki? That is a great idea! Seriously - it would allow people looking for helpful information about some of our fundies to find it, and perhaps a few of those seekers may avoid falling into a cult.

Thank you all for your hard work,and patience. I'm getting all tingly thinking about the Wiki. :pray: the BB may get a mention. :lol:

Thankyou so much for this community. I am a relative newcomer (I'm still the sin in the camp), but I love this space and this cOmmunity. Thankyou.

Congratulations on getting the .com. A very apt rapture anniversary present!

I lurk a lot more than i post but I want to say thank you to all the admins who have made this a wonderful corner on the internet! Congrats on a successful year out on our own!

Have some cake in the image of one of my childhood heros!

sheracake.png

Thanks Alecto and other mods for your hard work! FJ is an amazing place. I'm excited about this new wiki! :dance:

ETA: My cake is unworthy, but my aim is true. Love you FJ.

Congrats to Alecto, the admins, and my sister mods, as well as all you stunning creatures who make this a really decent part of the internet. Great first year!

Angri-la, because I love you, and today is a special day at FJ I'm gonna humor your excuse about the cake icing. My theory is, the icing got smeared by Cibby's ass while you were both in the prayer closet forking. :o But in the interest of sisterhood and community I'll play along with your little charade just this one time. :lol:

Angri-la, because I love you, and today is a special day at FJ I'm gonna humor your excuse about the cake icing. My theory is, the icing got smeared by Cibby's ass while you were both in the prayer closet forking. :o But in the interest of sisterhood and community I'll play along with your little charade just this one time. :lol:

Yeah, I saw the shame. I failed on our special day. There was FJ nudity involved, but, because I pretend to be a lady on the internet, I will not name names, but I am going to need my headdress from Rapa Nui back when you get the candied rose petals out. Thanks!

Yeah, I saw the shame. I failed on our special day. There was FJ nudity involved, but, because I pretend to be a lady on the internet, I will not name names, but I am going to need my headdress from Rapa Nui back when you get the candied rose petals out. Thanks!

Bitch

IMG_3791.jpg

Happy Rapturversary, and thanks for all the entertainment AND education, from one who mostly lurks.

All hail the Hive!

Happy Anniversary all! The new home is much more comfy, and what you've done to the place is amazing.

Damn I love cake. Angri-la's cake looks fine to me...nice decor is, well nice, but it's the taste that matters.

Edited due to freakin' autocorrect!

Happy Rapture Day to all! :animals-chimp: :animals-gerbil: :animals-ginger: :animals-mouse: :animals-panda: :animals-penguin: :animals-pig: :animals-fishblue: :animals-shaun: :animals-frog: :banana-rainbow:

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Mods! May we enjoy many more years of snark!

More importantly, I hope we can help more people see the darkness of patriarchy and be an inspiration for those that want to find a way out.

YAY!!! Thanks to Alecto and the mods. and we are slowly taking over the world. All the wonerful cakes too, its had to decide.(leaning towards the vagina cupcakes because you know, they are vagina cupcakes)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know what? This is the only Rapture Day that has ever come true!!!

I can think of at least two false Rapture Days in the last year (one by Harold Camping for October 21, 2011 and one by Ronald Weinland for May 27, 2012). But ours came true!

Archived