IGNORED

I appreciated this from Anna T

salsa

Now, chores and the running of a home are the primary responsibility of the parents, and no more than is appropriate should be heaped on the shoulders of a child. No child, no matter the age, should be turned into a housework drudge to the point of neglecting all other pursuits, even if it is a 20-year-old daughter with a houseful of little brothers and sisters. A child can do much, but the childhood years, and even the adult years lived at home, are supposed to be a time of training, not an opportunity for the parents to pile adult responsibilities on a child.

I thought that was interesting from this LAF point of view. I wonder how some of these moms of many feel about that? I thought it might be a somewhat amusing snark game to respond in the voice of some of our favorite fundies.

from OfJimBob, "It's not possible for anyone with as many blessings as I have to personally manage all those blessings. Besides, my J Slaves need to be prepared for their many blessings and to train their daughters to do all the work so they, too, can pop out a bazillion babies and have their own reality show."

anyone want to take Zsu???

(... and this isn't intended to be snarky, just curious as to why the theme of making things peaceful and slow and leisurely feature so prominently in Anna's blog. I'm wondering if she has something like an anxiety disorder or ocd or something that makes her crave it.)

Anna T has mellowed somewhat in the past year or so, as she encountered reality. She made some reference to birth control a few months back, and it looks like she have some sort of health issues and genuinely be unable to handle any more on her plate right now.

Yeah, I'm kind of liking Anna T these days (gasp!). I'm glad she is revisiting some of her previous assumptions, although I still think she has a long way to go on issues such as the presence of females in the workplace.

I've been critical of Anna T. in the past, but she was always more intelligent than your average fundie. We've talked about her possible OCD/social anxiety issues, and I'm glad to see she seems a little less rigid with her rules as of late.

Zsu: we must instill biblical training from day one. Our daughters need to learn to be helpmeets and our sons need to learn to be men, and if we don't model that for them at home and train them in it the government will turn them into useless liberal fags who can't take care of themselves or their future husbands. plus, I have constant morning sickness and I'm so tired, and I have mounds of organic produce to process and butter to churn and organic con dogs to make From scratchand it's all too much....... If god hadn't given me these blessings to help, how could I bear the rest of the blessings he has waiting for me?

Guest Anonymous

I think Anna T is simply very much a Pick n Mix type of Jew/faux Christian. I would have been very surprised if she had approved of adult daughters being loaded up with house work, because she spent her own young adulthood being supported financially by her mother, as she reluctantly pursued part time education and generally pissed around learning to crochet and bake, and claiming that she was needed in the home to keep Grandma company. (I don't believe either Mom or Grandma have featured greatly in her life since her marriage and she has hinted on several occasions that she has felt the need to 'cut back' on phone calls and visits from extended family, in order to have the time she needs for rests and naps :roll: ).

Frankly, I'm not at all sorry that she is having a hard time now. She has dished out spite and condescension to others by the bucketload (especially when she thought noone was reading her comments on Marky Marks's Misogyny Blog), and now her high and mighty ways are coming back to bite her on the bum. If she made an explicit turnaround, I'd admire her for it, but I don't see that happening here.

I worry for her children as they grow towards the age when they will need more formal, structured education. I know that homeschooling, when done well, can be very time efficient, but I fear that Anna's lack of energy may get in the way of her living out her hopes for her children when it actually comes to the crunch time.

I think she's trying to redefine her image. Her "New Here" sidebar no longer contains links to the dangers of feminism either, but is all about homemaking.

I thought it might be a somewhat amusing snark game to respond in the voice of some of our favorite fundies.

Steve Maxwell:

"Older daughters must be kept busy at all times. If there aren't genuine household chores or child care to be done, or cleaning up after a brother who is remodeling a home for his future bride, one must invent chores.

Otherwise, they might have, you know . . . f*n."

Archived