IGNORED

The Botkins are pimping the Revolutionary War (biblically)

meda

Having exhausted the Civil War, Egypt, and the Academy Awards, they now attempt to pander to their "The South will rise again! " Constituency by delving into the Revolutionary War. Basic premise: New England started it, but the South finished it! :roll:

http://historytour2012.com/

"As Americans, we must know and understand our nation’s history and appreciate the men who sacrificed their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to give us the freedom and prosperity that we still enjoy. More importantly, the issues that they addressed in the founding of our nation are issues that remain relevant to us today.

While the militias and founding fathers of New England saw the start of the war for American independence, it is often forgotten how instrumental the statesmen and soldiers of the southern colonies were in finishing the war and winning our freedom. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the battles of King's Mountain, Sullivan’s Island, and of course, the decisive victory at Cowpens which marked the turning point in the fight against tyranny.

As the tour retraces the footsteps of legendary southern patriots like the “Swamp Fox,†online subscribers will be able to follow along with nine weekly videos and participate in live Q&A sessions with historians Bill Potter and Marshall Foster. From the moss-covered oak trees and cypress swamps of Savannah to the rolling foothills of the Appalachians, we will explore the crucial role that the outnumbered and outmatched patriots played in the formation of our country.

Discover how the South’s participation in the Revolutionary War demonstrate timely lessons for Christians in our day and age, with lectures that address these specific points:

A Biblical Perspective on History

The Reformation/Christian Heritage of Our Nation

God’s Providential Hand in History

Why we Fought the War for Independence

The Importance of the War in the South

The Key Players in the Southern Theater

The Impact that Dedicated Minorities can have on History

The Character Qualities of Great Leaders and the Faults of Bad Leaders

What These Lessons Mean to Us Today

Starting Thursday, May 3rd, a new video episode will be released every week. Subscribers will receive a password to access each video as well as additional footage and talks. If you miss a session or sign up after the online tour has already begun, don't worry; all sessions will be available to registrants after their release dates.

In addition to the video and audio content, the organizers are also supplying a downloadable exam, essay forms, and a customizable certificate of course completion, making it even easier to use this tour as part of your family’s educational curriculum.

For only $49, you can travel with expert Christian historians to the awe-inspiring landmarks of our liberty, and examine the lessons of our nation’s founding through a wholeheartedly Christian worldview. Sign up today, and give your family a broader and deeper understanding of our heritage."

"... and appreciate the men who sacrificed their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to give us the freedom and prosperity that we still enjoy."

You mean the men who favored the legal owing of other human being to beat and sell like animals?

Is this an admission of racism? Blacks had no rights at all, just the one very general rule to not separate black babies form their mothers until they were old enough to survive without their mothers and to be worth enough to sell (older childhood, but long before the teens years). White MEN enjoyed freedom, and white women still fared far better than blacks, though were still more or less property of men and could be beaten. But let's overlook the issue of sex. The Confederacy favored slavery. So what freedom and prosperity is she talking about the south defending, unless she's not counting blacks as human beings?

I'd show this to my dad, who taught middle school American history for several decades, but I'm scared that it will give him a heart attack.

You mean the men who favored the legal owing of other human being to beat and sell like animals?

Those dedicated minorities had an impact on history! :angry-cussingblack:

I suppose I should be grateful that fundies have yet to co-opt the English Civil Wars (one of my particular favourite areas of study). Yet.

I suppose I should be grateful that fundies have yet to co-opt the English Civil Wars (one of my particular favourite areas of study). Yet.

Doesn't Peter Bradrick have a son named Cromwell? Although in VF world, it isn't a fabulous historical event unlessyou can make it into a costume party. Perhaps the codpieces and dour clothing give even Dougie pause? :think:

Why are they supporting the Revolutionary War? Shouldn't America have been submitting to England? If only the colonists had prayed more, maybe God would have laid it on King George's heart to free them without having to rebel.

Why are they supporting the Revolutionary War? Shouldn't America have been submitting to England? If only the colonists had prayed more, maybe God would have laid it on King George's heart to free them without having to rebel.

No, no, no... Amurrika is the GREATEST. COUNTRY. EVARRR. We have never done anything wrong. We are the bestest, and don't you forget it.

Doesn't Peter Bradrick have a son named Cromwell? Although in VF world, it isn't a fabulous historical event unlessyou can make it into a costume party. Perhaps the codpieces and dour clothing give even Dougie pause? :think:

Damn, I dimly remember Kim at LiaS giving Chicken Poop Deck Baby 'Cromwell' as a middle name.

Also codpieces weren't around by the time the English Civil Wars rolled around - and don't forget the Cavaliers! Although they were the losers....

King George was an ebil Anglican though, only one step away from ebil Catholicism!

Guest Anonymous

Damn, I dimly remember Kim at LiaS giving Chicken Poop Deck Baby 'Cromwell' as a middle name.

Also codpieces weren't around by the time the English Civil Wars rolled around - and don't forget the Cavaliers! Although they were the losers....

Yeah, but they did have great hair, and lace collars, and thigh boots. That should be enough to start.

And the website was designed by Serven Design? THE Servens? Oh and it's an "online" tour....lame.

The Botkin men need to give it up already....

Wow, they really want to push the South, don't they? (of course, I'm Canadian and have several "Loyalists" who fled to (the free land in) Canada in my background).

Yeah, but they did have great hair, and lace collars, and thigh boots. That should be enough to start.

Thigh boots, Dougie -- THIGH BOOTS!

C'mon, you know you want to . . .

I'm confused. Are we talking about the Revolutionary war or the American Civil war? The Revolutionary war wasn't a north/south thing.

I'm confused. Are we talking about the Revolutionary war or the American Civil war? The Revolutionary war wasn't a north/south thing.

Well, that's one perspective. Apparently there are others.

*thinks*

I suppose if you consider Canada "the North" and the USA "the South" it IS a North/South thing in that loyalists often fled up North to be safe. But that's beside the point.

You seem to think these people every get anything correct. They'd never side with the parts of American that went on to be the Union in the Civil War. I do not think they're referring to Canada being the North and the US being the South. I don't think those idiots realize Canada has the same queen as the UK (or king and England in those days). I think in the Botflies' heads these events were so close together (a general "long time ago") that the US North and South had already firmly divided, and their "brave boys" saved the day and are the reason America managed to separate once and for all from England.

I'd pay to see the Botkins debate with an actual historian (provided the funds go towards promoting actual history).

Thigh boots, Dougie -- THIGH BOOTS!

C'mon, you know you want to . . .

:lol: :lol:

I'd pay to see the Botkins debate with an actual historian (provided the funds go towards promoting actual history).

I'd donate to that cause.

The American Revolution is one of my favorite eras of history. I wish fundies would stop co-opting all the cool stuff that I like. :(

King George was an ebil Anglican though, only one step away from ebil Catholicism!

:lol: Both of you gave me a chuckle.

Archived