IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

My mother dusted light bulbs. :lol:

I looked at a house once that was owned by a - you guessed it!- Polish grandma. The home inspector called me into the basement to show me something while he was there...she regularly opened and dusted the fuse box, took out and cleaned each individual fuse, and polished the little door for it when she was done. She had shown him her handiwork and he then had to show me.

Tell you what, though, those kinds of houses sell lickety split, no negotiating, seller's market or not. Someone who dusts lightbulbs and polishes fuseboxes isn't likely to let the big things go.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at a house once that was owned by a - you guessed it!- Polish grandma. The home inspector called me into the basement to show me something while he was there...she regularly opened and dusted the fuse box, took out and cleaned each individual fuse, and polished the little door for it when she was done. She had shown him her handiwork and he then had to show me.

Tell you what, though, those kinds of houses sell lickety split, no negotiating, seller's market or not. Someone who dusts lightbulbs and polishes fuseboxes isn't likely to let the big things go.

I'm not surprised by this. The Polish people I was visiting when I did public health were being seen because they were being treated for TB. They had a very hard time accepting that they had TB because they associated TB with dirty homes and they knew they did not have dirty homes. And they sure didn't, I've never seen cleaner homes.

Ahem... *whispers* I dust light bulbs...

Is it that weird? :?

I don't do it on a regular basis, but occasionally I'll be in cleaning mode and lightbulbs are one of the things that gets hit when it is time to clean all the things.

Otherwise, I have a strange combination of genes, and seem to have some of the Mennonite keep all the things that you might need, as well as the Northern European "too much stuff." So stuff gets squirreled away in corners and rooms where I can't see it. (I have Eastern European as my biggest genetic piece, but it's not Polish, and doesn't seem to be the obsessive clean stuff)

Now I feel lazy for not dusting my light bulbs. :lol:

I don't either, but I probably should. I need to clean my apartment. Sigh.

I don't know if I believe it. Like someone said on the previous Page, they had a maid coming in every week or two. Of course, it's MckMama, so anything is possible.

I don't know if I believe it. Like someone said on the previous Page, they had a maid coming in every week or two. Of course, it's MckMama, so anything is possible.

She was supposed to have a housekeeper in twice a week, per her lease agreement, to keep the house up to "showing" standards. When I was a housekeeper (not a maid mind you) if I had walked into that kind of mess I would have turned around, gone home and spent the rest of the day drinking beer!

M.

McKM has in the past shared her children's propensity for writing on anything and everything with permanent sharpies. This includes children, walls and pets. I would guess that the walls in the rental may bear evidence to this. Not once did she ever blog about replacing the sharpies with washable markers.

And children have access to Sharpies, WHY??? Oh, she is tiring.

But stop talking about her home! :::LOOK! SOMETHING SHINY WITH MCKHUBS::::

We don't do cleaning unless we have to ;) and I avoid my lightbulb because a previous resident put up a Rangers FC lightshade (Scots will get the reference). :lol:

But it sounds like she suffers a narcissistic personality disorder, totally. This is very unfortunate. TBH I feel very sorry for people with such afflictions. They can't fix themselves, indeed they cannot be fixed at all. And no one gets born begging to be a narcissist, a psychopath or suffering borderline personality disorder. It is how you are.

Doesn't mean those people aren't dangerous or troubled and you shouldn't steer clear. But it is sad nonetheless.

and I avoid my lightbulb because a previous resident put up a Rangers FC lightshade (Scots will get the reference). :lol:

Can't you just relegate it to a lower division?

A lot of people on hoarders have nice houses. Or they were at one time. You need to have money in order to fill your house up with stuff (unless you're one of the literal garbage hoarders... which is hard for me to understand). Being a hoarder isn't the same as having old, junkier furniture, tacky cupboards, and threadbare rugs.

A lot of people I know with modest homes and incomes are cleaner and take better care of their things. They can't replace them. They work hard for what they have, and they want to have pride in it and keep it looking nice as long as possible.

A lot of people on hoarders have nice houses. Or they were at one time. You need to have money in order to fill your house up with stuff (unless you're one of the literal garbage hoarders... which is hard for me to understand).

This is totally true. When I was an organizer I specialized in compulsive hoarding and chronic disorganization and many of my clients had far more money than they knew what to do with. They would buy new clothes instead of doing laundry, but then they wouldn't toss a plastic bag because they "might need it someday". One of my former clients lived in an apartment in DC and also owns a once-beautiful million dollar house in Georgetown that was filled to the brim with trash and debris. Another of my clients had a six figure salary, but had so much trash on his floor that I almost touched the ceiling when I walked on it and I'm just over 5'6" (pics in the spoiler for the morbidly curious).

The dining room.

Picture188.jpg

Yes, that is the front door.

Picture189.jpg

Mind you, it's not that the trash is important to them. ;) They often have severe depression that is coupled with anxiety about throwing things away, so many of them keep the trash (or modify it into something more acceptable to keep) to avoid having to cope with the feelings of loss. Think of it like this: "If I'm depressed, why bother picking up? It's not like anyone's going to come in, anyway. And, hey, don't throw away that yogurt container! I could use that to store something after I clean out the mold and bugs! Don't you know that someone could read my mail if I just throw it away? Oh, and if I shred it, they could piece it back together, so I'd better save it until I can take it to one of those professional document shredding places. When I get around to that, I'll finally be able to get rid of these old bags of trash--but the neighbors had better not see me doing it, or they'll think I'm a freak, so I'll just wait until nighttime and...."

edited to elaborate

That's a real possibility. She does enjoy floating on the river of denial, the BK is a good example.

A bit OT, I've let my Polish genes over ride my innate sloth and am now defucking the hovel. :lol:

I know. Reading this made me want to go home and clean my own hovel. But I didn't. Maybe this weekend.

I have little doubt that MckMama suffers from some sort of depression and/or other psychiatric disorder. She's a very troubled person and unfortunately has been allowed by her husband and leghumpers to get into a deep hole that she cannot possibly escape from. Her "supporters" are hurting her with their undying love and support for her choices. She needs to help, not someone to condone her actions.

I have little doubt that MckMama suffers from some sort of depression and/or other psychiatric disorder. She's a very troubled person and unfortunately has been allowed by her husband and leghumpers to get into a deep hole that she cannot possibly escape from. Her "supporters" are hurting her with their undying love and support for her choices. She needs to help, not someone to condone her actions.

I hate doing an 'internet diagnosis' as it's unprofessional and inaccurate. But, I suspect that she has a personality disorder, not depression or a psychiatric disorder. There are plenty of red flags for PD.

I hate doing an 'internet diagnosis' as it's unprofessional and inaccurate. But, I suspect that she has a personality disorder, not depression or a psychiatric disorder. There are plenty of red flags for PD.

Oh, I agree. We can't diagnose her just via what we see online. But, she definately is off-kilter and she could be helped via therapy and medication. But, people who are told that they are fine the way they are and applauded for it (in the way the leghumpers do) just do her a disservice... especially when they perpetuate the idea that anyone who opposes her is jealous or plotting or whatever.

Oh, I agree. We can't diagnose her just via what we see online. But, she definately is off-kilter and she could be helped via therapy and medication. But, people who are told that they are fine the way they are and applauded for it (in the way the leghumpers do) just do her a disservice... especially when they perpetuate the idea that anyone who opposes her is jealous or plotting or whatever.

While I don't like to internet diagnose either, she certainly spends enough time online to get an idea of who she is. She posts multiple times a day at times. We also have seen other documents and whatnot on her. I think the audio of her bankruptcy trial was really telling. She totally thought she could bullshit her way out of that and try to hide her assets. I think up until the people at the bankruptcy hearing kinda called her on her bullshit ("we can be here a very long time if we have to be", something like that) she thought she was doing a good job too. There is definitely something wrong with her. This isn't your regular 2-3x/week blogger. Her shit's all over the internets.

I am more than delighted to arm chair analyze Mr and Mrs: Entitled assholes who are finally getting their comeuppance.

I feel sorry for the pets (both current and discarded), and the children, who will likely need therapy well into their 30s. ETA: Possibly longer if the parents go to jail. As a law abiding citizen, if they walk away unscathed to perpetrate similar crimes in the future, my faith in equal punishment for equal crimes will be forever tarnished.

I remember a family I used to babysit when I was a student nurse. The girls went to the Convent of the Sacred Heart, a very expensive private school. The boys went to an equally expensive boys' school. They had a beautiful home but it was trashed inside. I think the Mom probably had depression, and the Dad was a workaholic. Money was not an issue for them. they were very wealthy. Mom just couldn't cope with the number of kids, I don't remember how many, I think 6 but all very close together. Dishes were piled up all over the kitchen. No pets, fortunately. It was hard for me to find a place to sit on the couch while I babysat. The kids were usually in bed, sometimes they weren't and I read to them or helped with homework. My main memory is just how much money they had but their house was so filthy dirty.

When I did public health in Buffalo, NY (same city where I babysat) I'd go into poor Polish homes and you could eat off the floor. They were the cleanest homes I ever saw. It was quite the contrast to that home above.

Nurse Nell, when did you graduate from nursing school? My mom went to D'Youville. She got her degree a little later, after we were born, in 1989 or 1990. However, she took classes there off and on in between pregnancies and part time, so she was probably there for a 7 to 8 year span.

Academy of the Sacred Heart may be an expensive school, but that doesn't stop the girls from being a bunch of easy whores. ;) Just saying.

Academy of the Sacred Heart may be an expensive school, but that doesn't stop the girls from being a bunch of easy whores. ;) Just saying.

Slut shaming? :roll:

Slut shaming? :roll:

I seriously doubt that some young girls from wealthy parents are prostitutes.

A bunch of girls got kicked out and sent to my evil public school for (somehow) sneaking guys into an all girls school to fool around. There are tons of private schools in this area. If that kind of thing happened in other schools, they were the only ones running around to brag about it. It was like some weird badge of honor. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but the fact that the school was mentioned by name brought back the memories and I almost choked on my sandwich from laughing.

A bunch of girls got kicked out and sent to my evil public school for (somehow) sneaking guys into an all girls school to fool around. There are tons of private schools in this area. If that kind of thing happened in other schools, they were the only ones running around to brag about it. It was like some weird badge of honor. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but the fact that the school was mentioned by name brought back the memories and I almost choked on my sandwich from laughing.

So were they sex workers? Or young women who engaged in sex? There is a difference.

young women who engaged in sex.

I found it hilarious because the girl from an apparently well off family and had a filthy home, also went to a wealthy school which, while I was in school and those kids were my peers, had a dirty reputation.

young women who engaged in sex

And it was necessary for you to call them whores because?....

edited to add

SXH2K7OC37s

I edited above, and I used the wrong word. Highly promiscuous

Archived