IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

I apologise for my comment and I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Numerous folks on this thread have asked you to explain yourself. Why are you avoiding it?

Guest Anonymous

No ifs about it, you offended people. It would be better if you were sorry for your behavior instead of being sorry that people called you out on it.

Passive voice--don't do it in apologies.

"I'm sorry what I said was hateful" is different than saying "I'm sorry if you saw what I said as hateful". You just did option #2.

experiencedd, i can tick off 4 of those places. None were on public property though. I guess I just have a different view on sex than you. While not fundy sacred, I do think that there are some things that are better off done in a somewhat private area, and sex is one of them. I don't think other people should be subjected to other people's sex lives unwillingly.

experiencedd, i can tick off 4 of those places. None were on public property though. I guess I just have a different view on sex than you. While not fundy sacred, I do think that there are some things that are better off done in a somewhat private area, and sex is one of them. I don't think other people should be subjected to other people's sex lives unwillingly.

Read what you write Lindsay. You are all over the map with your responses. You are unwilling to explain your attitudes. You are unwilling to tell me why it is necessary for you to demean women.

First its location, then it's teh baybeez and disease now you're telling me that a classroom is a sacred space. Previously you were asked if you had seen these folks having sex in your 'sacred' classroom. Another question you never answered.

Tell ya what, take some time to compose your thoughts and explain your position and answer the questions of a few others here. I'm gonna go out to my garden, smoke some herb and pick my beans for dinner.

I've learned a few things on these forums from women a lot more smarter than me and a lot more experienced in life. One is to be dogged when it comes to getting answers sometimes. And I'm gonna pursue your explanation of your attitudes.

Edited to add: It's not a different attitude towards sex it's a different attitude toward women Lindsay, there is profound difference.

I do think that there are some things that are better off done in a somewhat private area, and sex is one of them. I don't think other people should be subjected to other people's sex lives unwillingly.

There's nothing wrong with that arguement, most people don't want to happen upon anyone else going at it. That doesn't make these girls or anyone else whores. Bragging about one's exploits doesn't make you a whore either.

Lindsay, you have turned this into whining about "time and place and health and omgthinkofthechildren". We are focused on the word "whore" applied to a large number of girls because you disagree with their choices.

You don't need to apologize, you need to understand that trashing someone's reputation based on rumor is wrong.

I never said a classroom is sacred. I never said anywhere was sacred. I never even said sex was sacred. You asked me how many sex partners a person needed to have to make them promiscuous and I said that was never an issue. I don't think public spaces, especially geared towards minors, especially while they inhabit the building, are appropriate. Not using protection would make you more promiscuous and reckless than a person who has 1,000 sex partners and does. You asked me to tell you what I thought while I was being bombarded with questions.

No, I never saw them having sex they didn't go to my school. They transferred to my school after being kicked out of theirs. I know they're true due to the fact that they would brag at parties. I didn't grow up in the bible belt. Being promiscuous didn't make you a social outcast. It actually did you some favors socially in most cases.

I never said a classroom is sacred. I never said anywhere was sacred. I never even said sex was sacred. You asked me how many sex partners a person needed to have to make them promiscuous and I said that was never an issue. I don't think public spaces, especially geared towards minors, especially while they inhabit the building, are appropriate. Not using protection would make you more promiscuous and reckless than a person who has 1,000 sex partners and does. You asked me to tell you what I thought while I was being bombarded with questions.

No, I never saw them having sex they didn't go to my school. They transferred to my school after being kicked out of theirs. I know they're true due to the fact that they would brag at parties. I didn't grow up in the bible belt. Being promiscuous didn't make you a social outcast. It actually did you some favors socially in most cases.

Again, read carefully:

Lindsay, you have turned this into whining about "time and place and health and omgthinkofthechildren". We are focused on the word "whore" applied to a large number of girls because you disagree with their choices.

...While not fundy sacred, I do think that there are some things that are better off done in a somewhat private area, and sex is one of them. I don't think other people should be subjected to other people's sex lives unwillingly.

I was in error, you think sex is sacred.

You called a 'bunch of girls' from a school 'easy whores'

All the back tracking and words do not change that.

emmidahl is being particularly patient and trying to get you to 'see'. Maybe you should think about that?

*snip*

Uh, no, really you don't 'know they're true'.

you realize someone bragging at a party about their actions doesn't make it true, right?

Because teenagers (and many adults) aren't exactly known for absolute honesty in regards to their sexual exploits, especially when padding what you have done is something that 'did you some favors socially'.

Like I said, I shouldn't have ever said it. I typed it flippantly and I feel bad. No, I didn't agree with their choices, I still don't and I never will. But I don't have to call other people names just because I don't like the things that they do.

experiencedd, I was trying to save time. By fundy sacred, I meant "I don't think sex is sacred like fundies do, but..." As in I don't think its sacred, but its still important on some level. I sometimes create shorthand that only I understand. Especially when I'm not proofreading.

And I was in the wrong for calling them whores. I didn't even use the right term for what I was trying to convey. I typed it quickly, without thinking, it was insensitive and it was wrong. I was being a bigot.

I know I shouldn't have called them anything to begin with. I was pointing out that even my choice of word was incorrect, which was the very first thing pointed out to me. Even within my own judgemental statement I used the wrong damn word anyways. So not only was what I said mean and judgemental, it didn't even make any sense.

I know I shouldn't have called them anything to begin with. I was pointing out that even my choice of word was incorrect, which was the very first thing pointed out to me. Even within my own judgemental statement I used the wrong damn word anyways. So not only was what I said mean and judgemental, it didn't even make any sense.

That's fine. We all make mistakes. I am sensitive to this because I think way too much of the sexual judgment goes on with younger women. And it wrecks lives at that age, to go to school and have people whispering about what a whore you are because they heard such-and-such happened. I participated in a fair amount of this when I was a teen and I am glad girls are more aware of it now.

I was googling Jennifer to see if she had an Encyclopedia Dramatica page (and frankly, I'm shocked she doesn't) when I came upon this article in a blog dedicated to exposing internet hoaxers: articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-06-12/news/0906111114_1_hoax-anti-abortion-miracle-baby

Imagine my surprise when I was reading this article about a woman who pretended to be pregnant with a terminally ill child - who she later 'gave birth' to, only for the baby to die a few hours later - and found a quote about the woman's treachery from none other than MckMama herself. The quote is here:

"I feel emotionally exploited," said Jennifer McKinney, a Minnesota mom who runs the widely read Christian parenting blog mycharmingkids.net and nearly lost her fourth child during pregnancy. She said Beushausen sought her out to help promote her site.

In retrospect, McKinney said, Beushausen pursued her support "more aggressively than anyone else ever has," adding that Beushausen seemed more interested in attracting viewers than in her unborn child.

"I have 11,000 Twitter followers, and I drove most of the traffic to her blog," McKinney said.

"My readers were praying for her, and I feel guilty about that," she said. "But I have to admit her stuff was beautifully written."

Trust MckMama to find something she liked about an internet scammer's blog and take credit for its popularity. Also, I hope she has good insurance because she's throwing an awful lot of stones in her (morgaged to the rafters) glass house.

I believe MckMama actually appeared on the Today show to talk about the April Rose saga as well.

How could her credit possibly allow that?

I didn't read her blog post. The folks at MWOP are surmising that it's in someone else's name, perhaps her father's.

Surely, surely, SURELY this woman did not buy a house. What else could she mean by

I wanted our own place, where I could “nest†with the kids, not having to worry about our lease being up and hopefully (of course, one never knows these days!) be able to build up some equity. So after much prayer, looking around, talking, thinking and more prayer, I nailed down a place. The kids are excited. I am excited. They won’t be switching schools or churches or friends.

What the...? You don't build up equity in rentals. No bank in their right minds would give this woman a loan. Right?

Archived