IGNORED

Missouri Now Has 'Don't Say Gay' Bill

Visionoyahweh

http://www.thevitalvoice.com/news/50-la ... 5-breaking

170.370. Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, no instruction, material, or extracurricular activity sponsored by a public school that discusses sexual orientation other than in scientific instruction concerning human reproduction shall be provided in any public school.

So does this me we can't talk about marriages of great historical figures, since it indicates sexual orientation? Like, Hey kids, George Washington may have been married to Martha Washing, or he may have been a poppered up homo cruising for guys at valley forge, we can't tell you because of the new law."

Oh for fuck sake. How the hell are they gonna explain Pierre and Marie Curie in science then? $50 says "sexual orientation" only refers to those orientations outside of the heterosexual, cisgender identities.

By the title I thought I was going to read that you literally were no longer allowed to say the word 'gay' and thought that was such a stupid law. The actual law is no better.

Aren't they digging their own graves with this law? I mean, now abstinance-only discussions can't even take place anymore because "waiting for sex until marriage" isn't scientific at all. That's a cultural/religious practice. But not scientific.

I'm not really a fan of forceful deportation but maybe these people need to go start Jesus Island somewhere..... Then they can use the bible (or their twisted version of it) to govern people. I'm getting really tired of the King James version of the Constitution.

... They don't want to know how dirty I can make "scientific" explanations. "Okay, class, lets talk about female arousal and the role it plays in making a non-hostile environment for sperm in the vagina. Who here knows the pH of vaginal secretions?"

I hope I do not die before we see a time where a person's sexual orientation is totally irrelevant. I would love to live long enough to see that.

Will talking about Bill and his husband count or is that okay? I've never heard of a high school actually talking about sexuality, though I think all of them should.

Barring gay-straight alliances is incredibly awful.

Don't say gay, say "Takei"!

dRkIWB3HIEs

George Takei, "Sulu" on the original Star Trek, volunteers his name in place of the word "gay," which was to be banned in Tennessee schools. (BTW, happy 75th birthday, George!)

dRkIWB3HIEs

George Takei, "Sulu" on the original Star Trek, volunteers his name in place of the word "gay," which was to be banned in Tennessee schools. (BTW, happy 75th birthday, George!)

That is really, really wonderful. :clap: :clap: :clap:

That law, on the other hand, is completely ridiculous.

I hope I do not die before we see a time where a person's sexual orientation is totally irrelevant. I would love to live long enough to see that.

Why? My sexual orientation doesn't define me but it's certainly not irrelevant. Non-heterosexual sexualities should be embraced, not silenced. For me as a queer person, it is incredibly important for me to have a space to talk about my sexuality because it gets silenced so often, especially since I pass as straight. It's even more important for high school students to have that space, because of pressures at home etc.

There's a difference between something not being a target for hatred and something being irrelevant - being gay should be the former but never the latter.

Why? My sexual orientation doesn't define me but it's certainly not irrelevant. Non-heterosexual sexualities should be embraced, not silenced. For me as a queer person, it is incredibly important for me to have a space to talk about my sexuality because it gets silenced so often, especially since I pass as straight. It's even more important for high school students to have that space, because of pressures at home etc.

There's a difference between something not being a target for hatred and something being irrelevant - being gay should be the former but never the latter.

I don't think curry means that non-hetero sexuality should be silenced any more than MLK Jr. wished for a day when his kids' skin color wouldn't matter. It's not about stamping out differences, but about people not using these differences to judge others. Your sexuality is irrelevant to anyone with good morals as far as who you are as a person. No good person would judge you one way or the other using your sexuality as any measure. It's irrelevant. A person who isn't white wouldn't be judged by a good person using skin color as a measure because skin color is irrelevant. Obviously it's GREAT to embrace differences, but as far as judging goes, this is where these things shouldn't matter.

I don't think curry means that non-hetero sexuality should be silenced any more than MLK Jr. wished for a day when his kids' skin color wouldn't matter. It's not about stamping out differences, but about people not using these differences to judge others. Your sexuality is irrelevant to anyone with good morals as far as who you are as a person. No good person would judge you one way or the other using your sexuality as any measure. It's irrelevant. A person who isn't white wouldn't be judged by a good person using skin color as a measure because skin color is irrelevant. Obviously it's GREAT to embrace differences, but as far as judging goes, this is where these things shouldn't matter.

To the bold, WTF are you saying? What the hell do you mean?

dRkIWB3HIEs

I love George Takei. All my Facebook friends seem to follow his page. I'm going to go take part in a Takei Pride Parade.

To the bold, WTF are you saying? What the hell do you mean?

Only an immoral person would use your sexuality to judge you as a person. Good people won't use your sexuality to measure how good of a person you are. Good people won't say, "Well, so-and-so is gay, so much be a nasty person," or, "So-and-so is gay, so must be a good person," nor, "So-and-so is straight, so must be..." A good person will judge you for your actions to others, not for who you love, something you can't choose.

Archived