IGNORED

This makes my blood boil - Thinking Housewife is Racist

SpeakNow

I was referring to hitting the genetic jackpot. Think of it like a slot machine. You have to have all the recessive genes line up to get this result. Its a rare occurrence like winning the jackpot at the slot machine where all the high value symbols line up.

I in now way meant that it would make his life easier. It actually made his life harder. He kept having to defend himself and his parents.

It's an awkward phrase. When I first read your post, I thought you were implying that by having white skin and blond hair, he "won." That having white skin and blond hair was better than having darker skin or dark hair.

Did he by any chance have albinism?

I dont think so. I did not know the specifics of his situation. We did have a kid in our school who was did have albinism. His even had ocular albinism. Both were nice kids. We were the band misfits in the school. I have ichthyosis. We all knew how it felt to be picked on for looking different.

It's an awkward phrase. When I first read your post, I thought you were implying that by having white skin and blond hair, he "won." That having white skin and blond hair was better than having darker skin or dark hair.

I can see where others might think that is what I was implying. I am sorry if it offended people on this board.

I have family like this. We don't speak anymore.

I moved to Philadelphia at 17. Some of my family were concerned about my safety because of "all the blacks". I did end up living in a pretty bad, mostly black, neighborhood the last year of college and a while after. Once, I was walking from my car to my apartment one night after work. A WHITE crackhead grabbed my arm and started asking me for cash. The second his hand touched me I had a swarm of black teenagers surrounding him and scaring him off.

When I updated one of my older relatives on this, she insisted that it was because they expected a reward. :roll:

Her daughter, only in her thirties, told me not to bring anything valuble on my trip when she foudn out I was sharing the room with a black girl and two puerto ricans.

Archived