IGNORED

Gays Sank The Titanic, or Something...

Visionoyahweh

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/r ... ual-agenda

Staver warned that the “homosexual agenda is the moral iceberg that we need to steer clear of†and maintained that it is “the biggest threat I believe in our lifetime to religious freedom and the fundamental values we share here in America.â€

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/04/the-ev ... ay+news%29

People that were on board the deck of the Titanic at that time were individuals that grew up in a culture which was distinctively Christian in its perspective of the role of men and women and there’s an interesting contrast because in the year 1898 a French vessel called La Bourgogne sunk and when it sunk the sailors and the officers literally threw women and children into the water, beat them over the head, and the men lived and the women died. It sent shockwaves throughout the entire world, people said, ‘how could such a thing happen?’ And in trying to understand why that happened, the commentary was, they grew up in a culture that embraced evolution, it was the struggle of the survival of the fittest, they grew up in the culture of the French Revolution which had rejected biblical Christianity and embraced paganism and the consequences were that men treat women horrifically.

Now we flash forward to the year 2012 and this year our president has finally taken us over the abyss and we have full-fledged commitment to women in the frontlines of combat in overseas battles, we need to understand that that’s the first time in the history of the West that any nation has formally endorsed such a thing and it represents a radical departure from the values that were on board the ship in 1912.

… Evolution says the struggle of the survival of the fittest, there are no differences between men and women, there is no charity, there is no deference, and in an evolutionary world feminism reaches its height and we see no distinctions. The result is babies are killed en masse, women are treated like chattel and men no longer take on their masculine role as defenders.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/04/the-ev ... z1s1oaWgxi

What is with the fundies' obsession with the Titanic lately?

it is just handy. I love how all of the morals are and values are being lost. when those very things are hate and judgement and Self-righteousness crap sometime to be proud of? I mean we all know there were no gays in 1950 or a in jesus's time. This war on gays is going to cost religion far more then it would ever gain.

I do not need a man to protect me. I can do that myself. I don't need a man to provide for me. I can do that myself also. I'm not some weak, dainty person who can't handle life. I want my marriage to be about love, respect, and equality.

What is with the fundies' obsession with the Titanic lately?

100th anniversary of the sinking, so it's convenient and they need to outweigh each other in the crazy.

Major Archibald Butt, a military aide to President Taft and his partner, the painter Francis Davis Millett, were aboard the Titanic. According to some accounts, Major Butt helped women and children board the lifeboats. Both men perished. They are memorialized in the Butt-Millet Memorial Fountain on the Ellipse near the White House. The fountain was erected in 1913. That's pretty impressive when you think about it: a memorial to two gay men has stood in Washington DC for almost a century and I don't think the rightwing has had a fit and the country still stands.

Major Archibald Butt, a military aide to President Taft and his partner, the painter Francis Davis Millett, were aboard the Titanic. According to some accounts, Major Butt helped women and children board the lifeboats. Both men perished. They are memorialized in the Butt-Millet Memorial Fountain on the Ellipse near the White House. The fountain was erected in 1913. That's pretty impressive when you think about it: a memorial to two gay men has stood in Washington DC for almost a century and I don't think the rightwing has had a fit and the country still stands.

Don't give them any ideas now...

WHY?? Why do they have to take everything and make it about gay people being evil?

I am having the worst day and this is the icing on the cake. I am so tired of this shit. :angry-screaming: News flash, Republicans: I am not the cause of all the problems in the world! I feel like my head is going to explode if fundies and right wing politicians try to blame one more thing on the gays. :obscene-birdiered:

ETA: This probably has to do at little bit with the ludicrous amount of $$$ I'm paying this year on my quarterly taxes. That is painful to see when all you are hearing from the gov't is how evil you are.

Pics and info:

http://www.dcmemorials.com/index_indiv0000860.htm

I didn't know about this. Thanks for posting it. Gosh, It's great to be gay!

What a fucking mess. If his description of the men on the French boat is accurate in any way, it certainly wasn't evolutionary principles that made them kill the women. That would be monumentally stupid on a large scale since people cant reproduce without women.

Women also have the right to join the military and participate in combat if the want to, but men still outnumber women by a huge margin. If theyre worried about women taking over the military, its not happening anytime soon. the idea that feminism leads to women being treated like chattel means that they must be every bit as stupid as they sound here :roll:

Archived