IGNORED

Ladies Against Feminism On The Slut Walk

debrand

Because I don't have Burris' ability to tear apart an article analyze it, I am going to just provide some quotes

The author is discussing Doug WIlson's response to an article that she wrote about the slut walks. She is quoting him

One of the most striking things about these flesh parades is how unattractive it all is. As in, gekkk. … There are clearly numerous young ladies who have no one in their lives willing to speak to them truthfully. And when women don’t have someone who loves them like they ought to, they become susceptible to any number of fads, so long as someone — most likely a peer with the same emotional problems — is willing to tell them it is “cute.â€

Apparently, he misses the point of the slut walks. The women aren't trying to be cute. They are trying to bring attention to the fact that the victim's clothing should not be considered a factor by the authorities.

Further, his ego must be the size of a small continent if he thinks that his opinion on the women's attractiveness matters.

This quote is from the writer of the article:

If Douglas Wilson is right, a woman who is secure in herself and in her sexuality does not need to take off all her clothes to feel empowered. Indeed, when women think it is empowering to undress in front of men, that is often evidence that our society in general, and fathers in particular, are not giving them the respect and dignity they deserve. Lacking an inherent sense of their own worth, they feel compelled to prove themselves by parading their flesh. Sadly, this often gives women a false empowering that acts as a substitute to genuine female dignity.

Not only does the writer miss the entire point of the slut walk but she(or maybe he) feels that the women's stated opinion on the matter does not matter. If a woman says that she feels enpowered, why wouldn't you take her word for it?

ladiesagainstfeminism.com/feminism-related-issues/flesh-parades-doug-wilson-and-cinematic-nudity/#more-3884

Whoops. :doh: I just noticed that Robin Philips is a man. I wasn't sure of the author's sex when I wrote the post.

The internet ate my response so here's an abridged version (this seems to be happening a lot lately):

This person is an idiot and doesn't realize that many of the women taking part were taught to take control of their sexuality instead of letting it be used against them.

Pop quiz - A "slutwalk" is:

a) a gathering of women of loose morals.

b) a protest against the belief that women put themselves at greater risk for rape when dressing a certain way.

c) a protest against sexual mores.

If you answered a or c, please slap yourself upside the head and maybe knock some sense in. You'll come off better looking than a blogger on the internet making judgements on an event based on the event's title alone.

Pop quiz - A "slutwalk" is:

a) a gathering of women of loose morals.

b) a protest against the belief that women put themselves at greater risk for rape when dressing a certain way.

c) a protest against sexual mores.

If you answered a or c, please slap yourself upside the head and maybe knock some sense in. You'll come off better looking than a blogger on the internet making judgements on an event based on the event's title alone.

Or if you aren't willing to slap your self, one of us will be willing to do it for you. Just ask, kay?

I'm going to read it now. If I don't come back you'll know my head exploded. :angry-extinguishflame:

You haven't come back. I hope that you were able to put the pieces of your head back together

They really can not grasp the concept . . .

Slut Walk is a response to using a woman's clothing as justification to rape her. The thing is, I can not imagine ANY christian woman or man being OK with blaming the victim, but this is a different breed. I mean, they expect men to control everything for them, but don't understand that a man should be able to control himself??? UGHHHH!!!!!!

I mean, they expect men to control everything for them, but don't understand that a man should be able to control himself??? UGHHHH!!!!!!

Maybe he is supposed to be too busy controlling his woman in his manliest man way to control his manly urges towards women and not so manly men.

Archived