IGNORED

End To 'Sodomy-Based Marriage

doggie

How do you figure?

I'm not being snarky, just honestly, asking, the benefits beyond those for the couple usually get drowned out in the fray.

I know studies have found that gay couples tend to be better parents. Also, there is an argument (used often by the right) that married people are more settled and productive. In countries where there is a huge difference between male and female numbers, increased crime is a concern because of all those unmarried men. The conservative assumption that married people are more stable and less of a liability should be extended to gay couples, if we are going to assume it is truth.

I know studies have found that gay couples tend to be better parents. Also, there is an argument (used often by the right) that married people are more settled and productive. In countries where there is a huge difference between male and female numbers, increased crime is a concern because of all those unmarried men. The conservative assumption that married people are more stable and less of a liability should be extended to gay couples, if we are going to assume it is truth.

I meant more of making a more tolerant society in general, which would be a good thing. Like my sister doesn't remember a time before gay marriage was legal here, so for her and her friends, no matter what their parents teach them her friends are like ya gay people can get married, no big deal nothing strange. My observation has been once gay marriage is legal, it's no big deal for people anymore. I was also thinking of the argument put forth by the right the marriage is more stable, so why not for the gays too? Marriage is also a big industry that makes a lot of money, so it'd be certainly good for that industry.,And even though a lot would benefit the couple getting married, it would be good if their relationship was viewed as legally as legitimate it would be beneficial to their families.

Just some random thoughts I have that I probably didn't explain well...but even more than that it would do absolutely nothing bad for society so I don't get the objections

Wow, these guys really know how to hit every tired, outdated, disproven anti-gay argument in existence.

-sodomy can occur in straight relationships too

-no decent marriage is based primarily on sex, regardless of preference or position

-there is nothing illogical or absurd about the term "same sex marriage" for anyone whose logic skills have surpassed elementary school level

-gay marriage is not linked to AIDS; gay sex has been linked to higher rates of HIV, but that's better dealt with by focusing on better education and safe sex practices for everyone

-infertile couples and post-menopausal women cannot "bring forth life" either, but it's stupid to suggest that their marriages are invalid because of it; having children should also not be the only reason for getting married

Why are we still having this argument in the US? :doh:

Funny. I'm a woman married to a man and our relationship doesn't "bring forth life" either (thanks, birth control!). And there's definitely some sodomy involved. Just sayin'.

Ha!

Interesting that this is coming from a group who has titled themselves "No Special Rights", since I don't think gay or lesbian couples deserve any "special" rights either. They just deserve the same rights that every other person in America gets.

Archived