IGNORED

BandP blog reviews Large Family Logistics

dairyfreelife

Barefoot and Pregnant reviews the book Large Family Logistics and has a few things to say about it.

1) If anyone ever calls me a helpmeet again, I will punch them in the face.

4) People who use the phrase "tomato-staked" freak me out and make me think of the Pearls. Tying a child to myself as punishment for continual disobedience is not a punishment for them; it's a punishment for me. Also, who does that?

I will not, however, upon pain of death, get dressed in nice clothes before spending a day homeschooling and cleaning. Not now, not ever. Neither will I spend ten minutes "freshening up" before my husband's return from work so that he can come home to "a picture of loveliness."

Yoga pants or die, yo.

Considering her crazy shirt and claiming she got soooo much attention because of it, I found this post interesting. If she wasn't so against women's rights and anti-choice, she'd probably fit in here.

ETA: Forget to give link. My bad.

barefootandpregnantblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/3-12-time-outs-tuesday.html

I used to use LFL when it was a free program available on the owner's website. It was kinda like Flylady but geared toward a homeschooling mom with a large family (which I was). It was a great system and really worked for me. I am naturally pretty clean and organized, but I was having problems with fitting in everything.

The lady who runs it became more and more religious as the years went by, from a Christian homeschooling farm wife to a fundie with skirts-only, submission, etc. It made her less palatable to me. She had a preemie and shut down the site, which is fine because I had gone back to school and work and no longer was a good fit for her system.

She links to Suri's Burn Book??? I'm so totally confused.

http://Surisburnbook.tumblr.com , for those who don't want to give LFL another hit. Not only is it good satire but I let myself believe that Suri Cruise really writes it and really is going to be able to get away from her family's cra-zazy with inheritance and sanity intact, someday.

http://Surisburnbook.tumblr.com , for those who don't want to give LFL another hit. Not only is it good satire but I let myself believe that Suri Cruise really writes it and really is going to be able to get away from her family's cra-zazy with inheritance and sanity intact, someday.

It's my favorite website. Ever.

I didn't click on the link. Weird. :shock:

Archived