IGNORED

Jana going to Gothard hq?

NJMom

Television without pity. It's a forum site and they are very picky about what you post.

Actually, since TWiT Howard stopped moderating the board, the new mod is blissfully absent. It's been pretty much a free-for all; a lot of info cross-posting between here and there.

No child genuinely agrees with their parents on every last little thing.
Well, as the Duggars would no doubt tell you, that's just because their parents didn't raise them correctly. If you beat/shame/brainwash convince your children to confess every thought and deed share their hearts, they will surely be submissive, guilt-ridden acolytes follow the paths of righteousness. :roll:

:clap: Brilliant. Will you get a Cinna to make clothes for the both of you?

Yes! But I get to wear the flames. It's only fair.

Well, as the Duggars would no doubt tell you, that's just because their parents didn't raise them correctly. If you beat/shame/brainwash convince your children to confess every thought and deed share their hearts, they will surely be submissive, guilt-ridden acolytes follow the paths of righteousness. :roll:

This.

As some have already said, not a perfect solution. But let's hope the best comes of it for Jana, in any case.

The upside to Jana working at Gothard HQ is that if she should actually decide leave the movement, she will have something to put on her resume. She may be doing what we would consider BS work but a good career counselor can take anything and make it look desirable on a resume. It isn't much but its better than having no way to explain to a potential employer why you are an adult with no work experience or post high school education.

okay so its not perfect... but at least she is getting away from her family and working?

Yeah, but I read on a blog of former ATI people that you basically work 14-19 hours a day for no pay while at HQ. I don't think she'll likely be getting any 'break' from what she's used to at home and quite probably headed for some severe emotional/spiritual abuse.

Yeah, but I read on a blog of former ATI people that you basically work 14-19 hours a day for no pay while at HQ. I don't think she'll likely be getting any 'break' from what she's used to at home and quite probably headed for some severe emotional/spiritual abuse.

They are not paid?? At all?!?! Or, is their money sent home to Daddy?

I can't find the blog I read about it so I don't remember if they got paid and that particular blogger just wasn't allowed to keep any or if they didn't get paid. I'm still trying to find it. Here's another account of working there though: http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2011/08/ ... stability/

hummm, maybe Sarah Maxwell should "work" there for a while.... :!:

That's what I thought too. JB is a patriarchal douche, but at least this kinda shows he may actually be okay with one of his daughters marrying, whereas Stevie wants to keep his at home FOREVAR.

That's what I thought too. JB is a patriarchal douche, but at least this kinda shows he may actually be okay with one of his daughters marrying, whereas Stevie wants to keep his at home FOREVAR.

This. I don't like Steve or JB that much. I do think Steve is the bigger douche.

This. I don't like Steve or JB that much. I do think Steve is the bigger douche.

To me, Steve out-douches pretty much all the men we snark on here, apart from perhaps the PP. In terms of the Duggars, I loathe Michelle more than JB, anyway. JB just kinda seems like a big dumb guy who derives his self-worth from his clearly functional penis and who doesn't do too much thinking about anything else. Steve is scary.

If they're not paid then it sounds very much like SeaOrg.

Archived