IGNORED

Jana going to Gothard hq?

NJMom

I read either on here or on TWOP that Jana is going to Gothard HQ to be a Journey of the Heart leader? Does this mean that she will be living in Chicago and working for Gothard, as Anna Keller did for 2 years before she married David? I don't know if this is true or a rumor- thanks for any information. Also, was it ever confirmed publically that Anna is pregnant? Last photo I saw of her,compared to her family reunion pictures on Susanna Keller's picasa ,she looks so pregnant that I wonder if she is having twins :shock:

I guess she might be living in Chicago. I don't think she will be living on her own though, I bet she will live with a host family.

So far it hasn't been confirmed if Anna is pregnant.

I agree; I don't think Jana will be completely independent..she's going to be working for Gothard so she definitely won't be left alone. If anything, she'll still be chaperoned and following the same rules she did at home minus raising her children younger siblings. I think because Jana is going to be leader for one of those cult journeys, JB and Michelle feel okay with her "living independently" than if she left to work for some evil secular company.

Nope, it still hasn't been confirmed. Aren't the Duggars suppose to be on sometime this week for something? Who knows, maybe they'll announce it then. From the looks of it, the girl definitely looks like she's carrying a bun in the oven and not due to following Smug's diet plan.

Anybody else think that Jana's being sent to HQ in order to find a suitable husband? She's not going to find one whilst running around after the howlers at home so maybe Boob and J'chelle realized that she needs to get out and the only suitable place is Gothard HQ.

Like I said in the other thread...she may be going to work for the cult, which sucks, but at least she's getting OUT of the Tinker Toy House and won't have to worry about making dinner for 20 and raising her own siblings!

I think Jana will be husband hunting while she works for Gothard. Maybe she'll find one there and we can watch the wedding over the internet.

I think Jana will be husband hunting while she works for Gothard. Maybe she'll find one there and we can watch the wedding over the internet.

I shall stock up on booze and lollies in anticipation! :D

Woah wait up guys; I haven't been here in a couple days! Why is Jana suspected of going to work at the IBLP HQ in Oakbrook, IL?

A poster at TWOP spoke to her personally last weekend and Jana said she would be in Chicago for a while "working on Journey to the Heart things." Kind of vague, but there IS a girls' Journey coming up starting this weekend. If she's counseling, they probably left her at HQ on their way back from Wisconsin. Even if she's just going as a indoctrinee (3rd time a charm?), they probably left her with a host family until she has to report to HQ on Saturday.

I guess she might be living in Chicago. I don't think she will be living on her own though, I bet she will live with a host family.

So far it hasn't been confirmed if Anna is pregnant.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that ATI has an old hotel where the Journey to the Heart leaders live in dorm style accommodation.

And while it will be fully chaperoned she will get to mix with the cream of the ATI young men who are working at HQ. I do think part of her motivation is to find a husband, and part of JimBob's reason for letting her go is so she will be exposed to possible suitors who are true believers.

After all, it worked for Priscilla, and probably countless other young ATI couples. It's a way for JimBob to be sure that all potential suitors share their "personal convictions" which of course they don't force on their kids, and every one of their children has chosen to adopt as their very own, oh so personal, convictions.

And while it will be fully chaperoned she will get to mix with the cream of the ATI young men who are working at HQ. I do think part of her motivation is to find a husband, and part of JimBob's reason for letting her go is so she will be exposed to possible suitors who are true believers.

After all, it worked for Priscilla, and probably countless other young ATI couples.

I agree. I think they saw how it worked out for Priscilla, and are now hoping for something similar with Jana.

It's a way for JimBob to be sure that all potential suitors share their "personal convictions" which of course they don't force on their kids, and every one of their children has chosen to adopt as their very own, oh so personal, convictions.

I don't understand why this doesn't raise enormous flags for their non-fundie fans. No child genuinely agrees with their parents on every last little thing.

I am happy for her. It's not a perfect idea but maybe there will be a slightly rebellious man working there for her and she can escape!

What does TWOP stand for? (which site, please)

Television without pity. It's a forum site and they are very picky about what you post.

She needs a host in Chicago? *Katniss pushing past Peacekeepers* I volunteer!

*sigh* and just in time for Passover, too. She's going to learn all kinds of things . . .

Oh, you know we won't have to bother with the internet. A J'slave getting married? Jana's courtship/engagement/marriage could make for an entire snooze-filled season!

I drive past BLP headquarters on my way to and from physical therapy, I'll be sure to check the parking lot for an oversized Santorum bus.

She needs a host in Chicago? *Katniss pushing past Peacekeepers* I volunteer!

:clap: Brilliant. Will you get a Cinna to make clothes for the both of you?

Ooh! I'll take a new wardrobe from Cinna while we're at it! :)

If Jana really is staying at headquarters, I hope she comes across other people who desperately want out of Gothardism. From reading I've done over at Recovering Grace, the HQ sounds like an even more hellish place then what she's getting at home and yet I hope that becomes her impetus to completley rebel and throw off the reigns of Gothard inspired tyranny.

I realize I'm hoping for a miracle and sadly she may well end up landing an MRS degree while there. However, part of me thinks as soon as one of the j'slaves leaves many more will follow in short order and I think it'd be awesome if this were the beginning of the end of Duggar-dom, and the beginning of genuine freedom.

Thanks everybody. Even it if it's not perfect, I really hope Jana is going to Chicago for awhile and getting to experience a different life than home with her parents, toddler siblings, and endless chores. Another benefit she'll probably appreciate, wherever she is staying, is not having to share her bed and bedroom with 8 younger sisters, 2 of whom are still in diapers. She seems to be the unhappiest of all of the girls, and I do remember that when she went on the mission trip last year to Southeast Asia, the Duggars told us it was her idea..maybe she truly does want to get away in whatever capacity she's allowed to, outside of marriage.

Archived