IGNORED

Amy Duggar's Latest Post

princessjo1988

If you watch on a DVR theres a chance that your viewing habits are still monitored. If you wait past the magic 7 days then they dont count it as a "watch." This is especially true is you have a directv DVR. They most definitely are "counted."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote]We have discussed here that "reality" for a 12 year old Jana or Jill was different for a 12 year old Joy and will be different for 12 year old Jordyn.[

I actually don't hate the show or the family. There are aspects to their faith and life with which I strongly disagree and I have no qualms about discussing those issues. The reason that I didn't watch the Grosselins is because I didn't like the parents. If I hated the Duggars, or disliked everything about them, I wouldn't watch. Actually, lately they've gotten boring so I don't watch that much.

If you are going to put your life in the public, no one will take you seriously for screaming that people who disagree with you aren't minding their business.

:text-bravo:

Agreed on the Gosselins. I much preferred Table of 12 (Hayes fam) b/c I actually liked the parents!

I watch because I like big families, I have a bit of big family envy. If I had the emotional/financial resources I would adopt lots (like maybe 5) kids. But I don't so I'm a voyeur. Also, I like most of the kids, and those I don't I just feel sorry for...

I've never watched. Well, never is probably a stretch, I am pretty sure I watched the first special. But, I've never watched the series. And still, I know more about the Duggars than anyone should. They are a brand; a product. They market themselves and it is kind of hard to not know who they are whether you watch them or not or whether you like them or not. Same with the Gosselins. Them, I know I never watched but I can probably ell you more about their lives and their divorce than I could about my own cousin's divorce.

I watch very little television and stay away from anything that supposed reality, or even scripted reality. My one admission is that I watched the first few years of Real Housewives of Orange County. I got hooked quickly and easily on that one. But, it was also short lived and the novelty wore after after the second season or so.

I was going to reply "because it's like watching a train wreck. You want to turn away but can't"

but then she'd unfriend me!

I was going to reply "because it's like watching a train wreck. You want to turn away but can't"

but then she'd unfriend me!

Ditto. I was considering posting that just because people disagree with their values (which we know she doesn't share, so what's her problem?) doesn't mean they hate her. There's a difference. Though, apparently not in her limited little mind.

Ok is no one posting any negative replies or is she deleting them? The few times I've read things on her wall there have been some dissenters so it's weird seeing only completely positive reactions.

Sorry to post again so quickly but have you guys seen the pictures of her in a cookie monster head/costume thing?! LMAO! I will never be able to look at her with a shred of seriousness again.

Ok is no one posting any negative replies or is she deleting them? The few times I've read things on her wall there have been some dissenters so it's weird seeing only completely positive reactions.

Because most are tools that don't want to be un-friended. Sane ones just role their eyes and move on in life.

Well, anyone who has their Wall public is kind of ridiculous... or really wants the attention! Seriously, does she not know how Facebook works, or does she just not care? I'm guessing she wants to talk to her FANZ without having to friend them all. Loser.

Her mannerisms on-screen are exaggerated. She seems disingenuous around her cousins, and comes across the same way online. SHE doesn't have a show, her uncle and his family do. SHE doesn't have fans per-se, yet all these odd people are posting on her FB page asking her to tell JB to come to their podunk towns.

This is from a girl who posts on her wall frequently:

"ok i would like them to come to michigan before or on or after july 24th because that is my birthday and where i live i have a water fountion"

Then 2 hours later:

"thnks ok have you talked to your aunt michelle and uncle jim-bob or cousin lately ask if they are coming michigan any time soon ask if they can come before or on or after july 24th tell them there is a water fountion where i live"

"do they have any more book tour schedule and whats on their schedule i would like to meet you in person i want to talk to them in person maybe you can came i dont know its to far maybe next year or if they can come at the end of the month or in august ask them when you can"

I mean, really??

Because most are tools that don't want to be un-friended. Sane ones just role their eyes and move on in life.

I don't give a shit if she "un-friends" me, but since she's playing the martyr to her band of idiots, it's not worth replying to her there. May as well move it here or TWOP, where the people she's actually addressing congregate on a regular basis and can honestly answer her questions.

FWIW, I started watching for the freak show nature, but never really liked Boob or Michelle. I felt for the kids and feel even worse for them now. Let Amy sit on her high horse now; once the show's canceled, so will her "career" as a country music singer, although she's got "professional famewhore" down pat. Rebekah was right on and we saw what happens when someone who actually knows Amy calls her out on her BS. Abort thread! Abort thread! Amy is all about Amy, and if that means faking the Christian (I was an expert as a teen, n good enough to write an essay that got me accepted into an exclusive camp program), she will fake the Christian while dressing like a pole dancer for as long as she can get away with not being questioned about the ambiguity of her persona. Or abort the thread, whichever works better for the situation at hand.

Who says Amy isn't pro-choice?

have you all read the comments latly? Someone said the Duggars are better educated than public school kids

Did I miss something? When did Anna's sister Rebekah call Amy out? Was it on the show? I stopped watching like 2 seasons ago.

have you all read the comments latly? Someone said the Duggars are better educated than public school kids

LOL.

Right... I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't act as though they're struggling through an advanced physics class just trying to pronounce "Bontrager".

LOL.

Right... I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't act as though they're struggling through an advanced physics class just trying to pronounce "Bontrager".

This, this, and this.

"ok i would like them to come to michigan before or on or after july 24th because that is my birthday and where i live i have a water fountion"

Isn't that pretty much the entire rest of the year? :lol:

Who wants to bet that in 5 years time we see Amy on Celebrity Fit Club?

Doesn't one actually have to be a Z list celebrity first? Amy's only "celebrity" is in her deluded mind.

Did I miss something? When did Anna's sister Rebekah call Amy out? Was it on the show? I stopped watching like 2 seasons ago.

Rebekah called Amy out on a facebook thread a couple of weeks ago. I forgot the original topic, but while Amy basked in the adulation of her adoring fans, whose collective IQ appears to be about 12, Rebekah (or possibly Suze using Rebekah's account) posted that Amy would never change and that she would always be, essentially, a famewhore. It was so awesome and because Amy can't take the heat, the thread was deleted not very long after Rebekah's remarks were posted.

Shocker, I know. *eyeroll*

Rebekah called Amy out on a facebook thread a couple of weeks ago. I forgot the original topic, but while Amy basked in the adulation of her adoring fans, whose collective IQ appears to be about 12, Rebekah (or possibly Suze using Rebekah's account) posted that Amy would never change and that she would always be, essentially, a famewhore. It was so awesome and because Amy can't take the heat, the thread was deleted not very long after Rebekah's remarks were posted.

Shocker, I know. *eyeroll*

how could I miss that?? WTF! Somebody please tell me that there is a screenshot or anything, so I can "see" what "happened"

I hope someone got a screenshot and sent it to TLC before Amy deleted it. Rebekah nailed Amy to a tee and Amy replied to Rebekah (wish I could remember what she said, but it was a veiled snide remark about her family), then zapped the entire thread.

Of course, a reader had to know who Rebekah was for this to totally make sense. I doubt 5% of Amy's readers know that particular Rebekah is Anna's sister.

Definitely Team Rebekah!

how could I miss that?? WTF! Somebody please tell me that there is a screenshot or anything, so I can "see" what "happened"

What she said! ^

I don't think Amy understands how ratings are calculated. My watching the show has NO effect one way or the other on ratings. Plus, I only watch ever third episode now, since they're so repetitive. :roll:

She probably doesn't understanding ratings systems or what is considered good ratings. She thinks the show gets high ratings :lol:

If the Duggars were on network TV they would have been canceled by now. Cable networks had different views of what are ratings successes. But the show at 1.5 millon viewers isn't a success. The Jersey Shore gets 8 million viewers and shows like Teen Mom, Real World, 16&Pregnant get around 3-4 million viewers.

I hope someone got a screenshot and sent it to TLC before Amy deleted it. Rebekah nailed Amy to a tee and Amy replied to Rebekah (wish I could remember what she said, but it was a veiled snide remark about her family), then zapped the entire thread.

Of course, a reader had to know who Rebekah was for this to totally make sense. I doubt 5% of Amy's readers know that particular Rebekah is Anna's sister.

Definitely Team Rebekah!

I'm glad Rebekah called her out on it. I bet Suze also saw the thread. I hope Rebekah, Suze and Daniel start talking more online about their issues with the Duggars and TLC. I recently saw the thing Rebekah's husband posted on Duggars Without Pity.

Archived