IGNORED

Amy Duggar's Latest Post

princessjo1988

Has anyone seen Amy Duggar's latest wall post? :shock:

Heres an odd question... for those of you who have so much to say negatively about my family.. how come you still WATCH the show if you hate it so much?!? I will never understand it! but hey thanks for the high tv ratings:))ps: dont believe everything you read on google or fan sites or blogs! Just because cameras are around doesn't mean anything! it hasn't changed who we are, what we believe in at all!! so for all those loyal fans out there ... WE sincerely thankyou!!!

First - lovely grammar and spelling, Amy! :doh:

Second - how would you answer? And, will any of you reply to the facebook post itself? :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second - how would you answer? And, will any of you reply to the facebook post itself? :lol:

Well I won't post anything as it wouldn't take a horse to put 2 and 2 together of who I am.

I also wouldn't reply as Amy is one of those dumb girls who are as about as deep as a puddle in a desert. No fair in fight a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

Isn't she the one always snarking on the Duggars and basically laughing at them behind their backs? (If I remember correctly cuz I rarely watch that show.)

You have fans, lol? Don't kid yourself people are only interested in you because your related. No one would care about you otherwise.

I don't have her fame whoring ass on Facebook, so I will not leave her a message. Someone else could send my regards if they would like to.

Amy is such a dumb bimbo. Fans? Really? She honestly believes that she has fans? Wow. :lol:

That post is laughable. To start off, the show doesn't really get high ratings. The ratings have been decent enough to keep it on the air. The Duggars doesn't get the high ratings that Jersey Shore does which I believe is 8 to 9 million viewers. Several scripted TV shows get a lot more ratings than Amy's precious family does. More people in the U.S. probably know who Snooki and The Situation or Glee cast are and there are plenty of people who don't know about the Duggars or there are some they only know they have a large family but they probably couldn't tell you names of anyone. Also half of the reality shows that are on the air are watched by people as case studies in a way, there are other reality shows in which some of the viewers dislike the people on the shows but they watch out of curiosity or for laughs. Over the past couple of years, I have noticed that a good portion of the people who have watch the Duggar show, tend to watch it because they are simply fascinated or annoyed with the family's lifestyle that they can't stop watching and there are some viewers that grew up in fundie or QF like setting.

I bet Amy doesn't realize that Uncle Boob and his family aren't making a lot of additional profits off the show. I have heard that DVD sales have never been good and I do believe that. I rarely see DVD sets in physical retail locations and as I mentioned above not all the viewers actually like the family. I think most people who watch the show during the TLC airings and they get what they get out of the episodes the first time they air and after that people don't care to go out later on and buy DVD sets. The residuals from reruns are probably a decent profit. But residuals deappreciate in time. Once the show ends, Uncle Boob will only make additional profits for a year or two.

Also the book sales for the Duggars haven't been high either. I think this show has 2 seasons at most left.

Cousin Amy is a hypocrite she has been shown criticizing too and now she acts like she completely supports the family. The Duggars probably have always been phonies. I recall on here that Rachel333 said that before TLC came into the picture, that the Duggars were always finding ways to make onto news stations in Arkansas. She said that Boob was always taking the family to the capital or the state senate or somewhere to have the kids play violins. I read on a topix board or city data that the family has had haters for a long time now.

Also the book sales for the Duggars haven't been high either. I think this show has 2 seasons at most left.

I think their books sell reasonably well. Their newest has been in the top 100 on Amazon.com, and it's been on the New York Times Best Seller list. It's definitely not a blockbuster, though, and I don't know if it has long-term selling power. We'll have to see.

But yeah, I agree that they've probably got two years left on the show.

I think their books sell reasonably well. Their newest has been in the top 100 on Amazon.com, and it's been on the New York Times Best Seller list. It's definitely not a blockbuster, though, and I don't know if it has long-term selling power. We'll have to see.

But yeah, I agree that they've probably got two years left on the show.

I think the books do get decent sales but they aren't extremely high. The first book did make the NY Times Bestsellers list 4 or 5 times but the book was never in the top 20. The second book seems to be doing ok. The first book didn't have long term selling power and I think the same will happen for the second book. The Duggars will probably never make the money that popular non-fiction authors like Laura Hillenbrand, David McCullough or others make. Another thing the Duggars books aren't lucrative in the audiobook industry or foreign translations.

I'd tell her I watch because I quite like the horror genre.

I actually don't hate the show or the family. There are aspects to their faith and life with which I strongly disagree and I have no qualms about discussing those issues. The reason that I didn't watch the Grosselins is because I didn't like the parents. If I hated the Duggars, or disliked everything about them, I wouldn't watch. Actually, lately they've gotten boring so I don't watch that much.

If you are going to put your life in the public, no one will take you seriously for screaming that people who disagree with you aren't minding their business.

Does Amy have a job? She sure has time to post comments ike that online. She is almost 25 right? WOW

I actually don't hate the show or the family. There are aspects to their faith and life with which I strongly disagree and I have no qualms about discussing those issues. The reason that I didn't watch the Grosselins is because I didn't like the parents. If I hated the Duggars, or disliked everything about them, I wouldn't watch. Actually, lately they've gotten boring so I don't watch that much.

If you are going to put your life in the public, no one will take you seriously for screaming that people who disagree with you aren't minding their business.

Oh bless Cousin Amy's little heart.. :roll:

I agree with what debrand said. I don't dislike the Duggars, but I dislike their actions. If Cousin Amy (or the Duggars in general) can't handle any kind of criticism about the family or the show --whether it is constructive, snarking on them, or what have you-- then don't be in the public eye to where people can form an opinion and express it. I think if I were to post on her Facebook page regarding her post, I would probably post something along those lines like that.

Does Amy have a job? She sure has time to post comments ike that online. She is almost 25 right? WOW

I'd like to know that myself, unless she counts going on the show and riding the Duggars' gravy train as a job. ;)

I will not post a reply because Amy may unfriend me causing me to miss the next crazy thing she posts. I am entertained by the Duggars. And I don't hate the kids. Except maybe Josh.

I will not post a reply because Amy may unfriend me causing me to miss the next crazy thing she posts. I am entertained by the Duggars. And I don't hate the kids. Except maybe Josh.

You can read her wall even if you are not her friend

Is she actually using the excuse 'we have fans' as a justification? She does realize, that even serial killers have fans. And over the course of the show (only watch a few times a season, usually when I have a bout of insomnia) the family has very much changed. The show makes the changes obvious.

The Duggars supposedly make a good living off their real estate stuff, so I don't feel that contributing to their ratings/money made from their show will change how much money is given to Gothard-related activities. The show might have gotten them the house or a nicer van or more vacations, but I think they would have bought ATI without money from the show, since they were already into it when the show started. So I don't see that much benefit to refusing to give them more money. Besides, I can dislike what decisions the parents make but still want the kids to have as many resources as their parents would be willing to buy. So for the money/ratings: they're welcome.

it hasn't changed who we are, what we believe in at all

If it hasn't, that's a shame. I like to think I have changed in the past seven years. I know my family and friends have, too. Perhaps not in essentials, but when I hear about a topic that intriges me I read a lot about it, and discuss it with others - not neccessarily with those who share the exact same beliefs as I do - I can modify or even change my opinion.

I think the Duggars have changed since Michelle was pregnant with Jackson. They are still very conservative Christians, but they have been exposed to a different group of people than they would have pre-Jackson. We have discussed here that "reality" for a 12 year old Jana or Jill was different for a 12 year old Joy and will be different for 12 year old Jordyn. The Duggar family has changed and will continue to evolve. One hopes that some of those Duggars have changed a bit. Maybe Amy hasn't. It does seem like she has mentally plateaued at 16!

She has got her singing "career" but actually I don't think that she really earns money with that.

19 Kids and Counting is hardly a ratings juggernaut, even for a cable program. So far this season its ratings have hovered between 1 and 1.5 million viewers, similar to the ratings for Little Couple. Even the recent Very Special Episode featuring the birth of Michael James only netted 1.6 million viewers. For comparison, here's a sample of cable programs attracting more viewers on Tuesday night than 19K&C: Chopped; Gene Simmons Family Jewels; Storage Hunters; and How the States Got Their Shapes.

I didn't know the ratings were bad this season. I might be wrong but didn't the show get 3 million viewers in the past? In the past few years, I have noticed the Duggars have lost fans. On twop, dwop, NLQ, and other sites/forums I have seen tons of posts from people who said they initially liked the Duggars but in time they saw that certain things seemed off with the family in regards to the buddy system and some of the gender roles in the family. Some of these people likely didn't know much about fundie or quiverfull lifestyles until they started doing online research and once they did the research and they looked closely at the Duggars, they sometimes end up disliking the Duggars.

I wouldn't be surprised if half of the 1 to 1.5 million viewers actually disliked the family and they are only watching for snark or other types of entertainment purposes. I know a few mainstream Christians who dislike the family but watch the show because they like laughing at some of the family's extremist beliefs

Maybe to dim Amy 1.5 million viewers is a juggernaut to her. I heard about Family Jewels getting good ratings. Maybe Amy will someday wish that she was connected to a reality show family that was famous for other reasons.

I'd tell Amy that it's "Thank (space) you" and not "Thankyou!" For a girl who is about to turn 25, her writing is similar to a 13 year old.

As for her status, she needs to understand that just like any other show on television, you're going to have your own group of critics. When you decide to put your family on camera for the rest of us to watch, you're going to expect negativity from it whether you like it or not.

Whoever said that Amy is being a hypocrite, I can sort of agree with you on that. In the beginning when we first met her, you could tell she was trying to let the world know that although she's a Duggar, she's nothing like her aunt and uncle. I remember in episode when they went to some town which the guy claimed "It's like Vegas but without gambling"(which, made no sense, btw) and you could tell how bored she looked when JB was explaining how much fun Amy was having. Now, all of the sudden, she's siding with them with everything? What Rebekah, Anna's sister, said was right; she is doing all of this for attention. I love how she put her boyfriend on a recent episode and then we learn they broke up. Getting your 15 seconds of fame, aren't we now?

how come you still WATCH the show if you hate it so much?!?"

I'm sure Uncle J. Boob would love that his neice is telling people to stop watching the show. :roll: We all just might take her up on that advice and then where would they be? If she REALLY wants to get into the fame whore game like her uncle and not be a rookie her whole life she should learn that there's no such thing as bad publicity and get over it.

Hypocritical = yes

What she says doesn't fit with her actions ,fame whoring, at all. :naughty:

I don't think Amy understands how ratings are calculated. My watching the show has NO effect one way or the other on ratings. Plus, I only watch ever third episode now, since they're so repetitive. :roll:

Archived