IGNORED

Some Quotes From Shalom

debrand

Here are some random quotes from the site, Preparing to be a Helpmeet. Most of the quotes are from the Pearls' daughter, Shalom. These are sort of random but I think that they are interesting.

Shalom I read a lot when I was young so I went on a one year fast from reading nothing but the Bible or related books. I still love reading, just don't have the time, oh well.

Shalom You are right Bekah they do not like to share their feelings, but I think that could go with all three types of guys, if we do not as wives and daughters give them the respect they want. It is great that you get to be learning how to be quiet and have patience right now while you are still at home. I am sure your hubby-to-be will be happy you did.

Shalom I posted this under another post on this sight but thought I would put it up here for you girls to read too, it is good info. I want to share with you something that a lot of girls ask. {What is God’s will for my life.} This is mostly coming out of chapter 6 of Preparing so if you want read that chapter again it would help you understand what I am saying better. God made Adam; he got lonely, so God made a woman for HIM. To be His helper. A woman reflects the man from which she was derived. She was made for him. God created us so that we could meet his needs, body, soul, mind and emotions. We were created to be a blessing and help to him. We know we were CREATED to marry and serve our husbands, to be his helper

Shalom A king! We all know a few of these types, but would you want to be married to one? They are the young men that we girls notice at church get-togethers, they make things happen, get the games going. They seem to be the handsome ones too, is not that strange, at least the ones I know. We have more than our share of king type men in our neck of the woods. Laugh. So the wife of a king must learn to serve/submit to him with honor and a cheerful heart. So from what you read in the book and the word study, how do you submit with joy?

Shalom Thank you so much for all the insight Caralee that was a great list. Hannah that was so true that submitting is an honor, and the blessing that comes when one submits their own will, is amazing indeed.

Shalom If someone had ask me this when I was single I would have said older. I always thought I would marry somone a lot older then myself, but then God sent me a younger man to marry, only by six months. He enjoys calling me his old lady for those months though, I just laugh at him. Just as a funny insight, my mom wanted us to be the same age when we married, so we set the wedding date before my birthday. I turned 21 on my honeymoon though, so in his mind I was his old lady right away, oh well.

I included that last quote because I can't imagine why her mom would care if they were the same age when they married.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/blogs/preparing ... testimony/

More quotes.

This is still a Shalom comment but she is quoting another woman

True Love Happens in the ER

By: Lisa Joyner

I was thinking about a friend of mine who left a marriage of 25 years and 5 children behind in order to find “fulfillment†for herself in running marathons and chasing another young, quite -fit runner in her group. I was actually feeling sorry for her because she doesn’t even know yet what she has so glibly given up.

My husband and I were in the ER last week and I was very, very sick. I told him to please leave the room because I was going to throw up and I didn’t want him to have to watch that. After raising 7 kids it doesn’t phase me at all, but I really didn’t want him to have to go through it. His voice was strong and steady when he said, “I’m not going to leave you, I’m going to help you.†He got a paper towel wet and held it on my forehead as he rubbed my back and comforted me. I wasn’t thinking about my friend’s situation at that particular time, but after I got home I thought about my time in the ER and what her “Marathon Man†would have done if they had been in that situation. I believe he would have sprinted for the door.

Later in my hospital room I was able to sleep. I felt calm and safe, because my husband sat beside my bed all night, holding my hand.

. The love and devotion that my husband demonstrated for me started 30 years ago and grew day by day through all the struggles, sorrow, joy and accomplishments of simple, everyday life. This deep abiding love cannot be created . It is grown, over time and sealed with memories.

Robert Louis Stevenson said: “Sooner or later in life, we all sit down to a banquet of consequences.†Oh I grieve for my friend when her day comes to taste the bitter food on her plate. She doesn’t know it yet, but true love happens in the ER

I guess the Duggars aren't the only ones who give their daughters masculine names (like "Shalom").

It's interesting to see the word "fulfillment" in quotes. Fundies seem to like mocking fulfillment, knowledge, discovery…

This is the one quote that's not snark-worthy. I actually sort of agree with it - romantic dinners are nice, but the times that my hubby has been with me in the hospital meant far more.

It is snark worthy because she is automatically assuming that her friend's marriage was like her's. Just because her husband is loving and kind doesn't mean that her friend had the same relationship with her own husband. It is also pretty judgemental of this woman to judge her friend's actions and decide that the other woman will face consequences in the future(I guess she means hell)

Sometimes marriages end. The two individuals involved can be great people but that doesn't mean that they make one another happy or that they aren't miserable.

You're right about making assumptions about the failed marriage - I hadn't thought of that. It's possible that she left because the ex was emotionally abusive and would never have given her that sort of support.

I don't have a problem, though, with disapproving of adultery by either husband or wife. Sure, sometimes (but not always) it reflects an underlying problem, but when you are in a committed relationship, you should either devote your efforts to working on the problem, or making it clear that the relationship is over. I'm not going to pin a scarlet letter on anyone and legally, it should be irrelevant, but entering a new relationship before the old one is dead and buried suggests a lack of commitment, and it takes a pretty committed relationship to have someone stay by your side when you are at your worst.

Archived