IGNORED

Seven Sisters taking IBLP/ATI Course from Gothard

holierthanyou

I was doing my weekly check in on my favourite fundy blogs this morning, and discovered that The Seven Sisters are currently enrolled in an IBLP (ATI/Gothard) course on the commands of Christ.

I knew the seven sisters were fundy, but have to admit I was quite surprised that they were literal Gothard followers. They seem too happy/silly to be devotees of Gothard for some reason.

Anyway, feel free to check it out here: sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/?p=787599

Quick disclaimer: I did first do a search for Seven Sisters + Gothard and didn't see anyone already saying this, so hopefully I am not repeating old news here to you all.

They have said before that they attend a Baptist church. I think I just assumed it wasn't IFB (the normal Gothard brand of Baptist) just because of how they lived and their general attitudes (Fundy for sure, but not typical IFB).

I must say I'm surprised. I thought the Seven Sisters were Anabaptist?

Parts of their fathers' family are anabaptist. They are always thrilled to be mistaken for Amish. :roll:

Independent Fundamental Baptist.

It is a bit of a misnomer with the word 'independent' in there, since it is really it's own denomination, and no one in it is encouraged to practice any independence.

Thanks Holier.

I think the Sisters rather like looking different, looking like Amish, getting confused for them etc. It fits nicely with their delayed maturity. I imagine their family is first generation fundie, does anyone know?

I cringed when one of them quoted a Gothard Email and said isn't it great God didn't leave us to flounder and have to figure things out on our own.

Why did God make toddlers curious or make people want to learn new things, do things for ourselves then?

I was shocked at the Gothard quote as well, I had no idea. Since the SS switched their blog the past few weeks they have spent much more time talking religion or praying for the friend or whatever .

Archived