IGNORED

Joanne from "Narrow Is The Way" totally flips her shit

Koala

Can we please put down some plastic ground cloths now to save on cleaning bills later? Wish I could share the m&m's and skittles, or at least separate them before formergothardite gets here and throws a hissy fit, but I have to go do my evil place of business now where I work under no man's headship. Will check back when I have my elevensies.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKay, I want some kind of FJ award. 2 fundies out of lurkdom (and you know they lurk) in one week. Don't know if that's good or bad, but I want my award never the less! :lol:

Joanne,

Could you please explain the biblical rationale for why you left your second husband to live in a church basement with your children? That decision does not seem to be a particularly effective way to honor your husband or the institution of marriage. Also, under what circumstances is it appropriate for your children to be in the company of someone of the opposite sex? Thanks.

I would like for you to site the verse that explains why girls and boys "hanging out" together is "wrong".

I would also like to know why your 18 year old (adult) son has no need of the internet, yet you seem to enjoy it quite well.

Can you answer these questions?

:D :lol:

I had a great dinner out the other night, Boodles martini, Wagyu tartare, pasta puttanesca and then a fresh hot donut covered with a fudge sauce made from Rogue stout with a dollop of creme fresh. The wine was a Sicilian frappato.

Yesterday I practiced the horizontal mambo with a friend.

I don't think I'm willing to give up dining out, and I know I'm not willing to give up fornication. Oh fucking well.

I had a great dinner out the other night, Boodles martini, Wagyu tartare, pasta puttanesca and then a fresh hot donut covered with a fudge sauce made from Rogue stout with a dollop of creme fresh. The wine was a Sicilian frappato.

Yesterday I practiced the horizontal mambo with a friend.

I don't think I'm willing to give up dining out, and I know I'm not willing to give up fornication. Oh fucking well.

Both of those activities sound wonderful...I think I need a bacon bra, anything to get more fudge sauce in my life.

Can we please put down some plastic ground cloths now to save on cleaning bills later? Wish I could share the m&m's and skittles, or at least separate them before formergothardite gets here and throws a hissy fit, but I have to go do my evil place of business now where I work under no man's headship. Will check back when I have my elevensies.

Anyone mixes the skittles and M&M's and I will throw a fit to rival any of the fundies that have come here. :angry-cussingblack:

I only have a vague idea of who this person is. Something about bugs in flour. I got to read this whole thread now.

You just made me crave seafood alfredo. And wine....

Is that all? :lol:

FWIW I've never had a skittle, am I missing something? I do like M&Ms with champagne in the summer.

So Joanne, you've come here, do you have something profound to say, or are you going to stand there and stare at us?? Now I can understand if it's the latter, a few of us are quite striking.

You just made me crave seafood alfredo. And wine....

I was already craving Italian. grrrr... Maybe I will go out for lunch, after all instead of salad and soup at home. :lol:

Hello to all, this is Joanne Smith, the owner of the blog being talked about here. I was amused and a little disturbed by some of the comments and assumptions made here. Maybe no one noticed that I freely share my email address and my phone number on my blog? If anyone actually has sincere questions, concerns or whatever, feel free to email me personally or call me personally instead of making more assumptions. You can even come visit if you want. I think it's best to keep things as real as possible and I am not into hiding behind my computer screen.

I do not have much time but do want to address a few of the things said here ... first, this comment from "Future Teacher"

A few comments above this one, this person calls me judgmental. And then here this person says I am another fundie who beats my children into sumbission. I realize that it was 'dairyfreelife' who originally said this, but here 'future teacher' is believing the assumptions 'dairyfreelife' made and then is even adding on to it.

Christ didn't force anyone to follow him. No, we do not have to crush that free will. This teaching actually really disturbs me. This whole idea of 'beating children into sumbission' is warped and I do not support it. I pray this clears up the false assumptions made on this particular topic of beating children.

More responses to come as time allows.

Welcome to FreeJinger. I did make an assumption based off your own endorsement of Raising Godly Tomatoes, which is all about "training" children. Spanking and beating are the same to me. You may believe free will. Most Christians do, but the ultimate goal in child training is to train up a child so they will not leave your ideas on God and faith. Your own endorsement, quoted from your site.

I had come across this website a few years ago and it has been a real blessing and has helped and encouraged me to train my children biblically. I do not endorse all that this website says or has on it, but I do endorse what is biblically correct. It is called Raising Godly Tomatoes. If you can, please take the time to look over all the website.

Teaching obedience is a category on RGT. L. Elizabeth Krueger advocates the beating of children into obedience of parents claiming that it will lead to obedience in God. Doesn't matter whether or not you've hit your own children. If you are endorsing a website that does, how is that better?

Quote from RGT, though must say that since she wrote that book her site has "toned" down from what it used to be.

I put my foot down about how they were acting in the car. The next couple of times I went on that two hour drive I did things differently. Instead of yelling and scolding and threatening them, I told them to stop it, and when they didn't (which they didn't), I pulled the car over on the shoulder of the freeway and spanked them. Period. If it required pulling over several times, I would. They stopped misbehaving as soon as it sunk in that I was going to pull over and spank them every single time, as soon as they started misbehaving. I told them once and that was it. No counting to three, no threatening, no getting mad, no yelling, no warnings. They knew they weren't supposed to take their seat belts off (or whatever it was they were doing) and as soon as they did it, I just calmly pulled over, climbed in the back and spanked them. And I was not Mr. Nice Guy about it either. It was an "I mean business" spanking. Then I'd look them in the eye and say, "Now don't take that seat belt off again."

I do remember Mrs. Krueger originally posting a story about her 1, maybe 2yo, but I don't think she was even that old, daughter making a fuss in the carseat so she started to beat her (spank) and that ended it. She did not even know why her daughter made a fuss and assumed it was an obedience issue so spanked her for it. Her daughter caved and shut up. It's not up anymore, but I definitely remember that one.

Joanne isn't married. She left her second husband because her church convinced her to. :shock:

I was not attending a church at the time I left my adulterous marriage. It's funny to me how it's so hard for people to believe that I actually chose to follow the teachings of Christ. Most just want to assume I was brainwashed.

Christ made it clear that marriage is for life and to be married to the divorced is adultery. I decided that if I'm going to be a Christian, I'd better obey what Christ taught. Most professing christians today are claiming to be so but are not willing to actually put the teachings of Christ into practice. That is hypocrisy and that is one reason why there are a lot of atheists.

I was not attending a church at the time I left my adulterous marriage. It's funny to me how it's so hard for people to believe that I actually chose to follow the teachings of Christ. Most just want to assume I was brainwashed.

Christ made it clear that marriage is for life and to be married to the divorced is adultery. I decided that if I'm going to be a Christian, I'd better obey what Christ taught. Most professing christians today are claiming to be so but are not willing to actually put the teachings of Christ into practice. That is hypocrisy and that is one reason why there are a lot of atheists.

I dare say in my rather unsheltered life, I do know a lot of atheists. I'm one myself. I would guess I probably know more than you and talk to them with a bit more frequency than you do. TBS you are full of shit with your theory on atheists.

None of the atheist I know got that way over Christians getting divorced.

Welcome to FreeJinger. I did make an assumption based off your own endorsement of Raising Godly Tomatoes, which is all about "training" children. Spanking and beating are the same to me. You may believe free will. Most Christians do, but the ultimate goal in child training is to train up a child so they will not leave your ideas on God and faith. Your own endorsement, quoted from your site.

Teaching obedience is a category on RGT. L. Elizabeth Krueger advocates the beating of children into obedience of parents claiming that it will lead to obedience in God. Doesn't matter whether or not you've hit your own children. If you are endorsing a website that does, how is that better?

Quote from RGT, though must say that since she wrote that book her site has "toned" down from what it used to be.

I do remember Mrs. Krueger originally posting a story about her 1, maybe 2yo, but I don't think she was even that old, daughter making a fuss in the carseat so she started to beat her (spank) and that ended it. She did not even know why her daughter made a fuss and assumed it was an obedience issue so spanked her for it. Her daughter caved and shut up. It's not up anymore, but I definitely remember that one.

I did not post that, a friend did (the orignial post by my friend Becky here on my blog http://fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.co ... ldren.html). I have no idea what Raising Godly Tomatoes is but I have heard of it before (probably when Becky posted that). I tend to stay away from books and websites like that but don't expect everyone to agree.

Joanne of Narrow is the Way moved to live in the church because of Joanna of Obedient to my husband. Her husband pastors that church. Joanne cleans it, among other things, and I suppose who she submits to would be the "brothers" of the church, and it's preacher.

I moved to this church because they are trying to follow the teachings of Christ. Joanna's husband does not pastor it. I submit to the Lord but I do appreciate and welcome the input of the brothers here. I usually take their counsel/advice, however not always.

I did not post that, a friend did (the orignial post by my friend Becky here on my blog http://fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.co ... ldren.html). I have no idea what Raising Godly Tomatoes is but I have heard of it before (probably when Becky posted that). I tend to stay away from books and websites like that but don't expect everyone to agree.

And yet you give a forum to folks who beat children.

edited to add: I can't even find that blog.

Edit to add: Why do you need a church to follow the teachings of Jesus? I know quite a few folks who identify as Xian, agnostic, Buddhist, even atheist who follow the metaphor of the Christs teaching, without needing a church to do so.

Joanne, I am an atheist, and I reckon Christians believe they are observed more than they are. Believe me, I can think of no atheist I know who would condemn you for staying married! Or think you weren't Christian.

I also want to ask, you and Brianna REALLY dress in a way that makes you stand out in society. What is modest about this?

Joanne, I am an atheist, and I reckon Christians believe they are observed more than they are. Believe me, I can think of no atheist I know who would condemn you for staying married! Or think you weren't Christian.

I also want to ask, you and Brianna REALLY dress in a way that makes you stand out in society. What is modest about this?

Can you say Christian burqa?

Yeah, no. The way you treated your second husband, who sounds like a perfectly decent human being, is far more likely to turn people against Christianity. And the behavior of religious people is only reason among many why people become atheists. Mostly it's because they don't see any good reason to believe God exists.

What I want to know is how in the world they live with themselves knowing they're breaking up functional families because...they wanna, apparently. Ya know how Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well to break up her current household and go back to her first husband? Oh wait, no, he didn't. He accepted her as it in her current living arrangements.

Again, fundies throw out everything Jesus actually said in order to further their own little fetishes.

He did not accept her in her current living arrangements; go back and read it again.

This is one of the most abused verses in the New Testament and can be taken so many different ways. I am not so proud as to think I know the way it should be taken, but I do know he rebuked her. Christ did not give us the whole story here and neither did she, so anything beyond what it actually says is assuming, and usually the asumptions are made in whatever way supports our particular beliefs.

We do know that Christ said four times in the three gospels before this story that it is adultery to be married to the divorced and it is adultery to get re-married to someone else. Christ does not contradict himself.

He did not accept her in her current living arrangements; go back and read it again.

This is one of the most abused verses in the New Testament and can be taken so many different ways. I am not so proud as to think I know the way it should be taken, but I do know he rebuked her. Christ did not give us the whole story here and neither did she, so anything beyond what it actually says is assuming, and usually the asumptions are made in whatever way supports our particular beliefs.

We do know that Christ said four times in the three gospels before this story that it is adultery to be married to the divorced and it is adultery to get re-married to someone else. Christ does not contradict himself.

Where does he rebuke her in that passage?

And the fact that she had multiple husbands - is that even her fault? Could women initiate divorce at that place and time?

Archived