IGNORED

Joanne from "Narrow Is The Way" totally flips her shit

Koala

The author of Timothy was a lying sack of crap who pretended to be Paul, and Paul was a giant ass (in my opinion). They can both go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.
Let's do Bible study together.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a true taste of the crazy read the story of the Naylor's (Joanne is at the bottom). The Naylor kids will have lots to talk about in therapy.

http://www.ephrataministries.org/therem ... -grace.a5w

You know what breaks my heart about that? According to both of them they were happy. They allowed this church to just walk in and turn their lives (and more importantly, the lives of their children) upside down.

File this under: I hate religion.

So she divorced her second (?) husband, who sounded like an okay sort of guy in her "about me" thing, because according to the Lord she was still married to the first one?

Aaaaaaaand, she migrated to Monett, MO...why am I not surprised? That little corner of the world attracts some mighty interesting people (says the lady who lived there for 20+ years).

Pretty much. He paid for her to live in a house for a long time after she started this fuckery. Blows my mind...

You know what breaks my heart about that? According to both of them they were happy. They allowed this church to just walk in and turn their lives (and more importantly, the lives of their children) upside down.

I can't believe her second husband didn't take her to a counselor to set her straight. I think there was something really wrong with that marriage and the husband wanted out. Koala, you are spot on about the kids. It was all about the parents. Why doesn't the second husband come see how the kids are living? I hope he is reading her blog.

She'll probably never publish it but I left a comment saying that if she loves the idea of segregation so much, why doesn't she just go live with the Taliban since they love the idea of men and women not even knowing that the other gender exists.

Once again, she will probably never publish it, which is sad, I'd love to know waht she thinks of it.

What I want to know is how in the world they live with themselves knowing they're breaking up functional families because...they wanna, apparently. Ya know how Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well to break up her current household and go back to her first husband? Oh wait, no, he didn't. He accepted her as it in her current living arrangements.

Again, fundies throw out everything Jesus actually said in order to further their own little fetishes.

The author of Timothy was a lying sack of crap who pretended to be Paul, and Paul was a giant ass (in my opinion). They can both go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Don't worry, we agree.

I'm so thrilled that I have found so many other people who KNOW about the authorship problems in the New Testament!

She equates going out to eat with a member of the opposite sex to fornication. Now, I've done both and going out to eat just doesn't compare.

Reading this fuckery now. Unbelievable. It's always so sad when ostensibly smart people get taken in by the craziness of obvious kooks. I'm sure Gawd would be really happy to see the destruction of three marriages rather than just two. What a couple of idiots.

Although quite frankly I'd be willing to bet that they had no real passion or love for each other, or other deeper problems and both wanted to separate, and "Gawd says" is always a convenient excuse.

I'm so thrilled that I have found so many other people who KNOW about the authorship problems in the New Testament!
One my theology professors in college was one of the interpreters working on teasing out which parts of the New Testament were tacked on and which parts may have been original. The Dark Ages was not kind to the original New Testament writings.

One my theology professors in college was one of the interpreters working on teasing out which parts of the New Testament were tacked on and which parts may have been original. The Dark Ages was not kind to the original New Testament writings.

I've often thought it requires a heavy edit.

She equates going out to eat with a member of the opposite sex to fornication. Now, I've done both and going out to eat just doesn't compare.

And that's one more tally on my "Going to Hell Because" list :lol:

And that's one more tally on my "Going to Hell Because" list :lol:

Same here, but then again, I'm already a slut since I use birth control even though I started it to lighten my cycle every month.

Excuse my slight ignorance but Paul was the writer who really hated woman right? That's why he wrote so many verses saying woman couldn't do this or that? I hadn't heard of Timothy before.....

I wonder if she knows the woman who tried extort money for Famy's "racy" pictures? They obviously think alike :D

Excuse my slight ignorance but Paul was the writer who really hated woman right? That's why he wrote so many verses saying woman couldn't do this or that? I hadn't heard of Timothy before.....

The book Timothy is a letter to someone called Timothy, written by Paul (or not, perhaps).

I guess it depends on what you are eating..... :lol:

Here's why Joanne is so against "hanging out" (from the "about me" entry which was way TL:DR but I did read the beginning): "When Tylor was about 8-9 months old, I met Michael. Handsome, funny, smart, a good singer … we started hanging out and eventually I got pregnant with Brianna."

She's left out at least one step in this chronology.

1) Hang out

2) ?

3) Get pregnant

Hello to all, this is Joanne Smith, the owner of the blog being talked about here. I was amused and a little disturbed by some of the comments and assumptions made here. Maybe no one noticed that I freely share my email address and my phone number on my blog? If anyone actually has sincere questions, concerns or whatever, feel free to email me personally or call me personally instead of making more assumptions. You can even come visit if you want. I think it's best to keep things as real as possible and I am not into hiding behind my computer screen.

I do not have much time but do want to address a few of the things said here ... first, this comment from "Future Teacher"

I should've figured she would be another "beat into obedience" fundie. Gotta crush that free will :angry-banghead:

A few comments above this one, this person calls me judgmental. And then here this person says I am another fundie who beats my children into sumbission. I realize that it was 'dairyfreelife' who originally said this, but here 'future teacher' is believing the assumptions 'dairyfreelife' made and then is even adding on to it.

Christ didn't force anyone to follow him. No, we do not have to crush that free will. This teaching actually really disturbs me. This whole idea of 'beating children into sumbission' is warped and I do not support it. I pray this clears up the false assumptions made on this particular topic of beating children.

More responses to come as time allows.

Guest Anonymous

I'll get the popcorn and the giant bowl of m&ms mixed with skittles. Where's experiencedd? She has the best booze.

If this really is Joanne, you're a nutcase for Jesus.

If you're a garden variety troll, spit out the duckets it's going to cost us to rent a Rug Doctor.

Since she posted that atheist blog post, every time I go to her site it quickly opens a blue page with just the song itself. I can't actually read the post.

Doe - do you use google crome? Someone else was having this problem as well and I was wondering if it was a problem with google crome.

If this is the real blogger, do you really believe that most atheists are ammoral? What do you have against vacations?

Do you train your children?

Archived